Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

And "who" does this $90,000.00 vehicle cater to?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• And "who" does this $90,000.00 vehicle cater to?

Oh, I don't know.

But lets throw money at it so about a 1/4 percent of world's population can afford it. But hey,

it's a hybrid.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: And "who" does this $90,000.00 vehicle cater to?

At first I was thinking obviously someone at Fisker Auto (CEO, VP, or some other suit) is tied to this administration, or ACORN in some way.

Then it hit me. perhaps they are getting the $$$$ to develop a normal car that uses such small amounts of fuel if charged/plugged in every day.

On the surface it sounds perfect.
    But dig a bit deeper and you will discover we don't have enough electricity to supply our current needs. How in the he11 are we going to support millions of cars being charged every day???

Just like ethanol. We have about enough acres in this country to grow corn enough to supply our demand (if we all switched to ethanol) for ONE day.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

For those of you that either live in or have been to Boston or NYC, can you just imagine 100,000 + extension cords all hanging out brown stone windows, draped across the sidewalk, plugged into a Prius? Or perhaps the Fed will support several more trillion dollars to update the infastructure and put plugs in every curb with coin slots.
      sigpic

Comment

We can say who does a $100,000 Corvette cater to as well. Or a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. I think it is perfectly OK they want to build a $90,000 hybrid. I just don't want to loan them half a billion to do it, especially since I doubt they'll ever sell more than 5,000 of them.

Comment

Where would it be built? We bailed out chrysler which got taken over by fiat am I right? Problem is the cars they are proposing will be built in mexico, how the heck will that help our economy, jobs??? No oversight!

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
            We can say who does a $100,000 Corvette cater to as well. Or a Ferrari, Lamborghini, etc. I think it is perfectly OK they want to build a $90,000 hybrid. I just don't want to loan them half a billion to do it, especially since I doubt they'll ever sell more than 5,000 of them.

That's the jist of my posting this.

Money influence, political promise.

Half a billion dollars.

The economy is bad for some, not others.
            Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Yeah, I got one of those $100,000.00 Corvettes, but it's just a car. The super models I date are just women. The delusional thoughts in my head are just harmless ideas. What were we talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                For those of you that either live in or have been to Boston or NYC, can you just imagine 100,000 + extension cords all hanging out brown stone windows, draped across the sidewalk, plugged into a Prius? Or perhaps the Fed will support several more trillion dollars to update the infrastructure and put plugs in every curb with coin slots.
                That's a really really good point.

I mean now when the electric gets into that "dangerous" zone they ask you ro reduce your power....because that helps protect against brownouts....etc.

Man - So if all cars were electric, does that mean they would not ask you to drive?
                Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                  That's a really really good point.

I mean now when the electric gets into that "dangerous" zone they ask you ro reduce your power....because that helps protect against brownouts....etc.

Man - So if all cars were electric, does that mean they would not ask you to drive?
                  I think long before demand becomes a problem, "Yes" the grid would have to be beefed up considerably. There will probably be some solar or wind powered charging stations to help and the trade off for all that expense would be drastic reduction in consumption of foreign and domestic oil. Unfortunately there are other problems to consider associated with battery/plugin vehicles, specifically expense and disposal of batteries. How many thousands to replace the old and where do you put all of them?

Comment

OMG!!! How stupid is this? I think dunbar's trying to raise my blood pressure.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

My brother is all over buying this car but the majority of the money the Government gave them is for a lower cost car.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                      X