Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Register

OK I registered to vent...I'll admit that
    I have three RIDGID power tools that I bought because of 1 reason. The free battery replacement. All 3 were registered on the RIDGID website when they were purchased. 3 tools 6 batteries. Now each trool has one battery that will not charge. I admit 1 waited awhile to ask for battery replacements, because they are all 18V and interchangeable. I finally decided to call in for battery replacement and they say they have no record of my ever regersiting the 2 drills and recipocating saw. Now 3 years later 1 need receipts to get my batteries replaced. I will never buy another RIDGID tool.........I will also warn my friends of this deceptive practice...........

Re: Why Register

I guess I don't understand what you feel is "deceptive" about the registration process. Did you ever send in the required information to register the tool, per the instructions... or did you only register online?

Sounds like you never fulfulled the requirements of the LLSA. If you are still under warranty, then there's absolutely nothing wrong with Ridgid expecting you to show your receipt/proof of purchase. Where and with what company would ever honor a "dated" warranty without proof of purchase? (Afterall, one needs not be "deceptive" about how the tool was required or at what date.)

As far as the "why register" question, I think too many people twist that around. The LLSA is nothing more than a simple offer from TTI to give you an free extended service plan in return for your name and contact information. Companies like to know who their customers are and whether it's just to know how many Bob's it sells to or even to contact you in case a particular tool has a problem, it really just a simple task and nothing is deceptive about the rules or the expectations.

However, at the moment it appears that TTI has a supply problem, especially with 18-volt batteries. Nothing to do with warranty or registraion issues. But, it is a failure of the manufacturer to properly plan and meet it's committment. As was posted in another thread this morning, if 18-volt batteries are available for sale... they certainly should be available for service replacement. BUT, only to those who can show that they've purchased the tool and are either under warranty or have met the requirements of the LLSA.

Sorry for your frustration,

CWS

Comment

Charlie, RB is completely right. I registered all my tools with Ridgid on thier site. All paperwork was sent in. I even had one issue that was taken care of not too long after registering everything. ALL IS GONE! Registration is handled in the E-box by TTI or whoever, but all tool registrations prior to them are gone. My receipts are blank due to the thermal paper they were printed on. I sold my drill after buying the makita, but my jig saw, and all 4 of my old gray machines are not covered by anything. The original gray machines all had a full lifetime warrenty, but that means nothing to the repair shop doing the work now. Without the current type registration you have no help. I really have gotten my moneys worth out of the equipment, just not sure about future replacements when the time comes. Might have to go with companies that keep thier products themselves instead of farming out the manufacturing, and service.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

That thermal paper is a real problem.

I "try" to copy those into my scanner but even if I did, I can see someone refusing them as it's not the "original receipt"

Then I start playing the song from Aerosmith,

"Janie's got a gun, now look what you done."
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          That thermal paper is a real problem.

I "try" to copy those into my scanner but even if I did, I can see someone refusing them as it's not the "original receipt"

Then I start playing the song from Aerosmith,

"Janie's got a gun, now look what you done."

Comment

BUMP for those that don't read what they look at!
            info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I have been waiting for confirmation on my 3650 for over four years. Sent in a copy of the sales slip, paperwork and the original UPC cut from the box four years ago. After about one year, it showed up on the web site for warranty only, no LLSA. Many phone calls have been ignored. postings on this site have been ignored, Now I do not have the UPC as I already sent it in and the original sales receipt is illegible.

Nice advertising gimmick though.

I like the Ridgid site and tools but I will not purchase any more because of the companies misrepresentation and failure to respond to customer complaints.

Comment

Working...
              X