X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's a good friend?

My tile sub and friend. Another Jar head,2 tours in Nam. Wife dumped Him many years ago ,when they lived in Hawaii . Wife stayed, He lives here. Today He takes His 83 Year old Ex. mother in law out to lunch,takes Her shopping. He says" When You're My friend, it doesn't stop" I love this Guy! Semper fi brother!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: What's a good friend?

tool, take him out to a steak dinner. he can have 1 of mine

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by martinpaul12
      HI toolaholic,

Well,Friendship is the mutually cooperative and supportive behaviour between two or more people. In this sense, the term connotes a relationship which involves mutual knowledge, esteem, affection, and respect along with a degree of rendering service to friends in times of need or crisis. Friends will welcome each other's company and exhibit loyalty towards each other, often to the point of altruism. Their tastes will usually be similar and may converge, and they will share enjoyable activities. They will also engage in mutually helping behaviour, such as the exchange of advice and the sharing of hardship. A friend is someone who may often demonstrate reciprocating and reflective behaviours. Yet for some, the practical execution of friendship is little more than the trust that someone will not harm them.

Thanks
      Martin
      You must get paid by the word. Your spelling of behaviour leads me to believe you are a British expat. As for Tool's friend, I think it's about "more than the trust that someone will not harm them". With the man's background, I would say Tool knows that if push came to shove, his old leatherneck friend would cover Tools's six. And his friend know the opposite to be true. Friends through thick and thin. The real question is, would he let him eat Quiche?

Comment

Got friends Martin?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I'm thinking Martin is here to sell something, but I also think he may be here for English immersion?????

Not sure yet, so for now, I will give you the benefit of doubt, and welcome you to the forum. Just keep in mind, I'm NOT buying a cell phone or shoes from you!
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Can you tell he's a lawyer?

Comment

You TWO crack Me up. What's the definition of IS ? Another LAWER P.S. YEA KNAPP WORK SHOES
              Last edited by toolaholic; 09-30-2009, 08:53 AM. Reason: I'M SOBER NOW

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                Martin
                You must get paid by the word. Your spelling of behaviour leads me to believe you are a British expat. As for Tool's friend, I think it's about "more than the trust that someone will not harm them". With the man's background, I would say Tool knows that if push came to shove, his old leatherneck friend would cover Tools's six. And his friend know the opposite to be true. Friends through thick and thin. The real question is, would he let him eat Quiche?
                His sig line is selling vitamins for a UK company, I don't think the ex belongs there.
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by papadan View Post
                  His sig line is selling vitamins for a UK company, I don't think the ex belongs there.
                  I forgot this forum had no borders. Won't happen again.

Comment

Working...
                  X