X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Use A Walmart Will Call?

As many know, Walmart is the world's largest retailer and they are moving into many areas of Home Repair etc.

If Walmart offered a "Will Call" for your contractor supplies would you use it?

Curious

Re: Would You Use A Walmart Will Call?

Sure... Walmart has a smart business plan. They are no better or worse than Target or Sears Holdings.

Comment

Doesn't Sam's club already have it?

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
        Sure... Walmart has a smart business plan. They are no better or worse than Target or Sears Holdings.

They do have a really smart business model and pass Tons of savings to the local business.

I was recently in Walmart and their plumbing isle is growing by the day.

Here are some pictures:

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          Doesn't Sam's club already have it?
          Well sure, But they are more by the "bulk" Vs by the piece

I am talking about if you could call in 4 Fluidmasters, One Roll of solder etc

Vs BULK like Sam's Club

Comment

You know us old timers remember a time before WalMart and before Home Cheapo.... It's a damn shame that anyone can walk into a store buy just enough stuff, electrical, gas, plumbing supplies etc. to blow himself up.

I guess it's the way it has to be but years ago it was really nice to visit your local supply shop.
            mine is mostly electrical and HVAC and talk to the service guys have a cup of coffee and the Friday cookouts, get a burger or two have a few laughs and go back to work.

I miss those days.

Comment

I don't know if I'd use a will call unless they had it quick and easy in and out by the front of the store. Actually I don't do all that much will call as have my truck stock very well figured out and unless its a big job I've got it covered.

One thing I have done is switched a few of my truck stock items over to being bought from them. My Fluidmaster 400A's were cheaper through them, and I picked up a few of each of the Peerless Faucets they sell.

I still have Delta Faucets but a lot of customers were choking on the price and coming back with Glacier Bay to be installed so I figured I'd nip that in the bud and offer some cheaper alternatives too. Just to cover my bases and they are selling.

How can you go wrong? Basic single handle kitchen sink faucet with side spray $40 my cost, Lav sink faucet with porcelain handles $40, and a lifetime guarantee from Peerless too! They are selling and I've had no problems with them.
              Attached Files
              411 Plumb Appliance Stimulus Package

Comment

Originally posted by kap View Post
                You know us old timers remember a time before WalMart and before Home Cheapo.... It's a damn shame that anyone can walk into a store buy just enough stuff, electrical, gas, plumbing supplies etc. to blow himself up.

I guess it's the way it has to be but years ago it was really nice to visit your local supply shop.
                mine is mostly electrical and HVAC and talk to the service guys have a cup of coffee and the Friday cookouts, get a burger or two have a few laughs and go back to work.

I miss those days.
                As long as you are a liscensed contractor it is still like that. Around here the supply houses still don't like homeowners or handymen. I know enough to not blow myself up, but have to buy my supplies at the borg to do it myself.
                info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I Just HATE walmart. I am sadly buying a few paper products from them.I hate myself for doing that. To me Walmart is evil, and not good for America
                  Last edited by handybull; 09-26-2009, 09:06 PM. Reason: AMERICA

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
                    Well sure, But they are more by the "bulk" Vs by the piece

I am talking about if you could call in 4 Fluidmasters, One Roll of solder etc

Vs BULK like Sam's Club
                    One big question is would you really trust the WMT associate to pick the right thing off the shelf ...

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                      One big question is would you really trust the WMT associate to pick the right thing off the shelf ...

I sure would,

I mean look at there business, They excel in everything they do, They have huge training programs and employ 1.9 million people.

All they would need to do is properly train the people that picked orders,

I mean look at there shelf's , they are organized and fully stocked all the time

Comment

I can honestly and truthfully say I have not given Wal-Mart a single dime of my money...ever.

Comment

They do have a really smart business model and pass Tons of savings to the local business.

I was recently in Walmart and their plumbing isle is growing by the day.

Here are some pictures:

You would use that faucet and that torch on a job??????
                          The Other Rick

Comment

They have huge training programs and employ 1.9 million people.
                            Only 1.9 million?
                            I thought they employed more.
                            In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
                              You would use that faucet and that torch on a job??????

Yes I certainly would.

This world is running out of water, and the way I see it is, its better to have a low cost faucet installed then one that is leaking water drown the drain.

The Torch is fine as well. Just because its not over priced doesn't mean its going to sweat copper any worse.

Comment

Working...
                              X