X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too stinking tall...

I have hit my head about a billion times being 6' 6" this time it was a real fun one so i thought I would post about it.

I was helping a friend tie in some downspouts into some pvc that we ran out to his storm sewer. My uncle had his bobcat parked with the bucket up well above anyone elses heads. There was a sandstone paver right under the bucket and I was in a hurry to get to the other side of the property and stepped up... WHAM... hit my head right on a tooth of the bucket. one of those spine crunchers. So I shake it off and rub my head. Hand completely covered with blood and dripping on of my remaning good roundup 2008 shirts . So after having blood all down my face and not being able to hold the blood back with my hands I headed down into the friends basement and washed my hair out. He gave me a clean towel and I held pressure against the gash... Drove home and cleaned it out good and now going to go in to get a tetnus booster once I call the doc in the morning. Decided not to go and sit in the emergency room for 4 hrs just to pay them 300 bucks for a few stitches. Plus nobody ever sees the top of my head anyways

Just goes to show you. Its not all glamore and glitz being tall Oh yeah.. unfortuantely didnt get any good pics until after I had cleaned up for the most part.

Josh

Updated... I had Helen take a pic after my shower. She said "maybe it should have had stitches" Borderline... Definitely want a shot tetanus shot though. Backhoes are not the cleanest of machinery...

Attached Files
    Last edited by Josh; 09-27-2009, 09:20 PM.

Re: Too stinking tall...

lol

Comment

Josh, I'm only 6'2" but I do feel your pain. how short were people 50 years ago when some of the houses I work on were built? The stair cases are horrendous.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

I wear a hat 99% of the time and I'm only 72" tall. Do not ask me how long it took for me to start the Hat Habit because I will lie..

Careful for the concussion factor and your kids will want to pound on the wound.....lololol
        (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Josh, it could be worse. Imagine being well over eight feet tall? I knew a man that tall and he had serious problems! Sorry you hurt your head.
          http://www.cosmicbaseball.com/eddiecarmel_n06a.gif
          That's an eight foot ceiling.
          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 09-27-2009, 09:12 PM.

Comment

I have a friend whose 7'-0". I remember visiting him once in his apartment. He was permanently stooped. When he had his house built it had 10' ceilings and 8' doorways, including the sliders.

Comment

I almost knocked myself out running into a ceiling when I first bought my house. Literally brought me to my knees for a few minutes. I swear I hit my head somewhere at least once a week.

BTW... I'm pretty sure I didn't get a concussion. More of a gouge than a smack. Plus I have had a concussion and this didn't feel anything like it.

josh

Comment

Ha! I'm 5' 5"! I never have that problem!

Comment

a couple years back i was chasing my dog around my house and i slipped and my head hit the corner of the wall at my full speed and blood was gushing out .. so i went to the hospital and got 13 staples lol

Comment

With your height, no one will ever see that you hurt yourself unless your sitting in a chair. At my old shop I put foam pipe insulation on anything that would knock the bigger guys out. I got thank you's all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
                      With your height, no one will ever see that you hurt yourself unless your sitting in a chair. At my old shop I put foam pipe insulation on anything that would knock the bigger guys out. I got thank you's all the time.
                      That was a decent thing to do! Tall folks deserve consideration too.

Comment

josh, some crazy glue or butterfly closures would be good.

on some job-sites they made us wear hard hats even on finish.

the worst was the dining room light fixture that looked like an upside down salad bowl. the electricians refused to tie wire them up to stay out of the way. they were set at a perfect height that the brim of your hardhat would block your vision. one of the guys in the crew got hit in the forehead, bounced off and re struck his forehead

needless to say, that light fixture couldn't hold up against a channel lock 430

josh, how do you manage around the mancave

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by rookie plumber View Post
                          I was riding in the bicycle storage car of a commuter train yesterday. Low headroom with padding at the point of contact. Prophylaxis is always appreciated.

Comment

Josh, glad to hear it wasn't that serious. Is that your phone ringing? OSHA?
                            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

josh, wasn't helen a nurse just around the corner

josh, you know if you had a shovel instead of a backhoe, that would have never happened.

i've seen some of your digging work

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X