Inspector busted today! Me bad lad

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inspector busted today! Me bad lad

New roof done in the hood [ SF] Customer ,large,very loud old man 77 years. This is on the same St. as My remodel. Neighbor tells Me," roof complete, paid for, Inspection [ build. Dept. next day. Permit and job card rolled up attached to door handle. "You been up on that 2 story flat roof to look at the work?" Hell no, inspector will tomorrow." Never happen , I do all My own roofing , never seen an inspector go Up My ladder in 47 years!" Well the fur did fly!.What You want? Sign off job card. where's Your step ladder ,It's 2 stories. How the Hell are You going to inspect My roof? I aint guess signing it off! I paid the city $500.00 for this permit and inspection! Get the hell off My property. He calls city officials ,raises hell!
    I love it ! About time these lay abouts got ripped!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Inspector busted today! Me bad lad

tool, if i understand it correctly

we have to provide proper access for the inspector. that includes a ladder if need be.

am i following you right

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

(In the voice of Rick James) WHAT?
      Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I love for the inspectors to come and look at my work, I actually get a little upset if they do not look things over. Although in most places around here there is not any fees for fire sprinkler permits. I will argue the codes as long as I know that I am correct.

I hope this lazy inspector gets canned, which I dought he will since he is a civil servant, just get moved around to some where else. It is sad when they are too lazy to even do their cushy job.

I will provide a ladder to the inspector to use, but makes you think what would happen if he fell off of it, would my insurance cover him. More over has he had proper training to use a ladder (yeah I know this sounds silly, but is true), did he bring his own fall protection PPE, etc. ...........kind of see what I am driving at?

G3

Comment

OK here is more info. I am very fond of this old vet and His wife. He hired this roofer to strip off and do a torch down. They were dangerous to passers by and the old folks at their city sidewalk. People had to step over their tools and supply's. Now I do roofing ONLY on our own projects! Have 2 hot tar kettles ,torch down Equept. Ect. NO ,Not sour grapes,It was mine ,if I wanted it. We have plenty of work. It's not right that work is not inspected! Customer paid
          in contract $500.00 for this. Yes roofer, should be there with a tied off ladder for inspector!
          Inspectors NEVER go up ladders in SAN FRANCISCO. They never looked at Our offset bracing for new furnace or water heater metal and PVS. I had the latter set up! This Guy raised HELL at city hall. HE'S MY HERO!
          Last edited by toolaholic; 09-29-2009, 07:42 AM.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I'm curious, Tool. Do SF's plumbing inspectors show this same propensity for drive by inspections? If so, would you drop a dime on one who did?

Comment

I find all the inspectors in S.F. Very serious about their work. The exception is on roofing.
              I'd Make Him tap out on Mission street [ arm lock ]

Comment

Working...
              X