X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Empire State Building Disgrace

The management of the empire state building honored the founding of communist china by displaying the countries colors in it's light display. What is happening to our country? We trade with communist china, they hold our increasing debt and we honor the founding of this brutal government which represents the opposite of Freedom and Liberty! Very disappointing.

Re: Empire State Building Disgrace

It's called Brown Nosing.
    The new American way of networking.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      We trade with communist china, they hold our increasing debt .
      I guess in a way it is trade.
      They send us cheap crap built by slaves and we "trade" U.S. dollars. When we run out of money they loan us those dollars so we can buy more cheap crap.

So why would the money hungry whores not Honor china? I'm sure half of them would sell their sole for one more dollar and china is holding all the cards.
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        The management of the empire state building honored the founding of communist china by displaying the countries colors in it's light display. What is happening to our country? We trade with communist china, they hold our increasing debt and we honor the founding of this brutal government which represents the opposite of Freedom and Liberty! Very disappointing.
        Not to pick a fight with someone who may or may not be stronger than myself, but America ain't exactly a peace loving nation. We conquered this land and have fought war after war after war.

We owe China big bucks and without them, we would be at the level of Canada or even England, right now.

I object more to when Chicago lit up in Mexican colors to celebrate Sacka da Mayo. What has Mexico ever done for the US?

Just sayin'....
        (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
          Not to pick a fight with someone who may or may not be stronger than myself, but America ain't exactly a peace loving nation. We conquered this land and have fought war after war after war.

We owe China big bucks and without them, we would be at the level of Canada or even England, right now.

I object more to when Chicago lit up in Mexican colors to celebrate Sacka da Mayo. What has Mexico ever done for the US?

Just sayin'....
          Trust me, I'm not thrilled with mexico in the least, but it's not communist. I know we are a nation that fights, but we are a nation of rights which cherishes freedom. Speaking of borrowing from china, how much longer can that bad behavior continue? Aren't we digging our own grave? I know a lot of folks think it's better for the economy to import cheap goods produced by slaves in china and keep lazy/greedy Americans unemployed, but I don't agree. I still want to see us back on our feet, but at this point I can't figure out how that will happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
            ...We owe China big bucks and without them, we would be at the level of Canada or even England, right now....

Would you care to expand on that level of Canada comment
            I sure hope you would not be talking about our fighting side by side with you in most of the wars we have fought. We continue to loose good soldiers in Afghanistan - 131 to date.

I thank all soldiers from any country fighting for what we believe in. Thoughts and prayers to those that have died for and continue to fight for the freedom of others

Comment

I have nothing but the utmost highest respect for Canada and its citizens. When the crazies in Iran took over the American Embassy it was Canada who hid, in their own Embassy, the few who managed to escaped and later smuggled those Americans out of Iran. What with the atmosphere in Iran at that time they put their own people in harms way and did the right thing. I've never forgotten that and never will.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by drip trip View Post
                not to pick a fight with someone who may or may not be stronger than myself, but america ain't exactly a peace loving nation. We conquered this land and have fought war after war after war.

We owe china big bucks and without them, we would be at the level of canada or even england, right now.

I object more to when chicago lit up in mexican colors to celebrate sacka da mayo. What has mexico ever done for the us?

Just sayin'....
                tell this to my uncle roy,he's buried in normandy.
                I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Geeeez, I'm just saying that without China's financial support after 9/11, we would be in worst shape than we are now. The cost of the wars and the bank frauds would have wiped us out.

We allowed the jobs to go over there. China welcomed the American companies with open arms....it didn't force American companies over there. It's the American companies that are the China slave owners---Americans are using Chinese slaves.

You can not compare Canada or England to America for sheer productivity. They're much closer to 3rd world status than we are and we're the ones that are protecting them.
                  (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

I am foaming over in anger!
                    We first must eliminate "the college liberal education degree called liberal arts"!!!!!

Then we must eliminate the marxist commie teachers from the entire school system.

I have no problems teaching and understanding other cultures and political positions but I have a serious problem with indoctrinating the youth to lock step in anti democracy posture!!!!!

We need to investigate those setting the education curriculum.

I strongly believe ALL elected politicians should serve two terms!
                    one term in office and one term in prison!

If they would simply admit to the corruption and eliminate it .....

corruption in medicare, SSI, if they simply quit paying dead people and illegals, and then stop paying fake medicare bills and prosecute those that do fraud those two programs alone would become viable again!

OK I'm into a rant again....

Oh yeah..the Empire building lights....

Well I suppose they used Chinese light bulbs and they figure it's OK.

Me on the other hand I'm embarrassed about that entire event!

Finally I don't remember who said this..maybe Khrushchev "we will destroy them from within by indoctrinating their youth" Or something like that...This was told to us in the late fifties during the cold war before the cuban missile crisis...

I suppose there is a redeeming factor here as we must be doing something right as so many others are still afraid of us and want to destroy us.

Regarding we are always fighting wars...if we remove the political venue and let our military do their job we would eliminate war....you ask HUH?HOW?

Simple.... look at Japan.... I won't bore you with history but we told then "stop" they said "no" We said OK if you wanna play here goes" We dropped the A-bomb they still would not stop so we said "you want more?" they thumbed their nose at us and we said "OK" and dropped a second A-bomb!!!!

They then realized they were not going to win and they caved....What did we do? We helped rebuild them into the great country they are today and oh yes an Allie!!!!!

I say we play war like the old days no politics annihilate the enemy until they say "we quit"
                    Then help them rebuild into a country that will play well with the rest of the world.

I'm not a war monger but this stuff about "rules of engagement" is nuts! It would probably work if both sides followed some preset rules like children do playing in the school yard..but today the enemy has no rules and only has one mission to destroy the world.

We need to simply help them ALL go to heaven and then get their 64 Virginians!
                    and yes that's Virginians not virgins....you get the pun?

Cactus Man
                    Last edited by cactusman; 10-01-2009, 11:31 AM.

Comment

Cactus Man,
                      If I could thank you a 1000 times for that post I would.
                      Very well said
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Who owns the building now? Didn't it change hands about a year ago?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Empire_State_Building
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                          I guess in a way it is trade.
                          They send us cheap crap built by slaves and we "trade" U.S. dollars. When we run out of money they loan us those dollars so we can buy more cheap crap.

So why would the money hungry whores not Honor china? I'm sure half of them would sell their sole for one more dollar and china is holding all the cards.
                          I don`t know how it is in he US but here in Australia try buying for example cloths not made in china you carn`t, and you might call it slave labour but their standard of living is well below ours and this is where they will beat us every time, the majority of Australians are looking at their hip pocket as Americans are and coudn`t give a dam about the future they want it now so we carn`t blame anyone but ourselves.
                          But looking on the bright side we are out of recession and booming along so they say thanks to China our new lord and master and yours as well so my advice is get used to it, or repay all those trillions$$$ your owe china.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                            I don`t know how it is in he US but here in Australia try buying for example cloths not made in china you carn`t, and you might call it slave labour but their standard of living is well below ours and this is where they will beat us every time, the majority of Australians are looking at their hip pocket as Americans are and coudn`t give a dam about the future they want it now so we carn`t blame anyone but ourselves.
                            But looking on the bright side we are out of recession and booming along so they say thanks to China our new lord and master and yours as well so my advice is get used to it, or repay all those trillions$$$ your owe china.

Tony
                            Tony, I both agree and disagree with some of the things you wrote. Communist china beats us every time, because of cheap labor, the absence of labor laws, environmental protection laws and advocates, AND the short sightedness of our legislators. In the name of "Free" trade our leaders allowed the exodus of millions of jobs, rather than enact laws to make it unprofitable to pick up business and move it to cheap labor and irresponsible manufacturing behaviors. The situation could be changed and we could reverse the current trend, but it would take an enormous effort, plan and execution. I doubt our dysfunctional government can pull it all together, the combination of new laws to both encourage manufacturing and business to take root here and abandon the cheap labor and business friendly atmosphere elsewhere. We probably are doomed because with every cycle of consumer purchase and government debt we grow weaker and weaker until we have nothing left with which to purchase or borrow! Businesses only saw profit margin and neglected their consumer market, consumers only saw cheaper cost and ignored the resulting higher unemployment at home.

Comment

One import from China that I would like to see is the death penalty for economic crimes. You know, such as those committed by our politicians, banks and other big corporations every day to the peril of your country and mine.

Instead, they are being "penalized" (sometimes), by not being elected the next time over. Big deal. By then they have accumulated enough fat to not really care. If they loose a race for some office they become "consultants" to lobbyists and they continue getting fatter. If they were executed instead (preferably by means of a cruel and unusual punishment) the economy might have been healthier.
                              In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Working...
                              X