Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Money Chasing Bad

As expected,

Saturn shuts down, GM reporting 45% sales decline from a year ago

Let's see, Saturn was their most economic, green line of vehicles, no?

And then this,

Chrysler reporting 44% sales decline, disaster is inevitable

Once again,

Money wasted on a cause that the writing on the wall was evident from the go.

Should of let them fail without all this money pushed right into the equation when it was more than evident they didn't have a snowball's chance.

Does everyone realize what it takes to be a smart american? Many clues long before this bailout.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Good Money Chasing Bad

This debacal has turned me into a FORD guy. I always drove anything before. Now I only want fords. I hope they stay out of trouble

Comment

I don't know if there is anything such as a "Ford" guy anymore? I admire Ford for turning down the bailout money and doing what they have to do to stay in business during these difficult times. I am disappointed they are heavily investing around the world and not here, but then again after much thought between taxes, the EPA and cost of labor it's tough to argue the point. I still think it's smarter to pay Americans good wages and benefits so they can spend their money to build the economy and provide for their families, but most of our consumer dollars end up in communist china! Wonder how and if we will come out of this mess?

Comment

but most of our consumer dollars end up in communist china!
        And is there any doubt where they spend the profits?
        Shouldn't be, they paraded it all through Tiananmen Square
        in front of the whole world the other day.

It's a polite way of saying: "don't mess with us 'cause we can fight back". Not that they have to, they are well on their way to owning this place lock, stock, and barrel if we don't wise up.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

AND We're led by a CLOWN !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            Here we go again! If you are referring to our President, that's not a very respectful way to say he is messing up big time. You may not agree with me, but I don't see how former President Bush did a great job either. President Bush, started the bailouts and stimulus waste of our tax dollars, he did nothing to address the trade deficit, loss of jobs, lack of border security, illegals. I can't stand what is happening to our country, and the lack of leadership and Action by President Obama. He is a great talker, but we need some results! Where are the jobs? What's more important, working on our economic problems and employing Americans or pushing chicago to host the olympics? I think it took years of bad government by both parties to bring us to this sorry time. In my opinion we need to make most of what we consume and stop growing communist china, we need to employ Americans, enforce our immigration laws, balance the trade deficit, and hold people accountable for their economic behavior (debt). I doubt any of that will happen regardless of what President Obama or our next President does, I think it's too late and our government moves too slow aside from their misguided priorities. Those of us who are smart will prepare for hard times, they are comming.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
              tool, in case you have not kept up with the news, George W. is no longer in office.

Comment

I have to say that I am really surprised at how some people act during difficult times. It is as if they (some Americans) want this country to fail in a major way.

News outlets belch fear daily. It's as if people desire bad news and failure. People want to blame this person and that person. Always telling one another it's going to get worse. Shame on you. Encourage one another.

I never went into any fight, test, interview or competition expecting to loose and telling other people how bad I was going to loose. Yes, I knew their was a chance of failure but I was going to give it one hell of fight.

So listen up, we will make it out of this. Don't give up, drive on. Work hard no matter what you do, help your neighbor and believe in yourself and this great country.

I will not live in a state of fear.

Some facts on Abraham Lincoln:

He FAILED in business in '31
                He was DEFEATED for state legislator in '32
                He tried another business in '33 it FAILED
                His fiancee DIED in '35
                He had a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN in '36
                He ran for congress in '43 and LOST
                He tried again in '48 and LOST AGAIN
                He ran for senate in '55 and LOST
                He ran for Vice President in in '56 and LOST
                He ran for Senate again in '59 and LOST
                In 1860 he was named President of the United States

Quote from Abraham Lincoln:

The difference between history's boldest accomplishments and its most staggering failures is often; simply the diligent will to persevere.
                Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                  tool, in case you have not kept up with the news, George W. is no longer in office.
                  Yeah, you voted out the clown for a total fricken idiot. Say good bye to the USA, your pick is disolving it!
                  info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I admit listening and watching the News can get depressing. I try to remain hopeful and always want the best for my country. I think after seeing what administration after administration have done, or failed to do I kind of realize we are in serious trouble. Calling our Presidents clowns and idiots won't change where we are now or where we are headed. I think it would be wise to hope for the best but prepare for tuff times if possible. That's a personal thing too, maybe for some it's spending less on foolish things? I really hope all our legislators wake up and get moving on solutions, the same old behavior doesn't work!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
                      I have to say that I am really surprised at how some people act during difficult times. It is as if they (some Americans) want this country to fail in a major way.

News outlets belch fear daily. It's as if people desire bad news and failure. People want to blame this person and that person. Always telling one another it's going to get worse. Shame on you. Encourage one another.

I never went into any fight, test, interview or competition expecting to loose and telling other people how bad I was going to loose. Yes, I knew their was a chance of failure but I was going to give it one hell of fight.

So listen up, we will make it out of this. Don't give up, drive on. Work hard no matter what you do, help your neighbor and believe in yourself and this great country.

I will not live in a state of fear.

Some facts on Abraham Lincoln:

He FAILED in business in '31
                      He was DEFEATED for state legislator in '32
                      He tried another business in '33 it FAILED
                      His fiancee DIED in '35
                      He had a NERVOUS BREAKDOWN in '36
                      He ran for congress in '43 and LOST
                      He tried again in '48 and LOST AGAIN
                      He ran for senate in '55 and LOST
                      He ran for Vice President in in '56 and LOST
                      He ran for Senate again in '59 and LOST
                      In 1860 he was named President of the United States

Quote from Abraham Lincoln:

The difference between history's boldest accomplishments and its most staggering failures is often; simply the diligent will to persevere.
                      Don't forget killed in"65"

Comment

What really gets me about this saturn thing is just how little press that news got. The company was allowed to quietly slip away because none of the big media wanted yet another spot on the administrations failing economic policy.
                        If you think things are bad now, just wait 6 months.
                        sigpic

Comment

Saw this performed live last week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTW0y6kazWM&feature=fvw

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                            You could substitute GW's picture for Obama's and the vid would have the same meaning. 8 soldiers killed in Afghanistan yesterday, soldiers still in Iraq and now they are pulling up stakes and moving to Afghanistan. The only thing that changed is the name on the check.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X