Thanks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thanks!

Hope you have a speedy recovery and enjoy your new shoulder when all is said and done. In the meantime, you can spend plenty of time on here!

Have a good one!
    -Mark

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
      I know, I hope I'm not missing the boat but I see in my future a nice late 20's or early 30's female in my future that's goal oriented like myself and has the same determination to be a mover and shaker.

I can't lose the drive I'm in, but life is one big marathon and I can't be the guy on the stretcher that never made it to the finish line.

I believe in the institution of marriage, just hate what societal upbringings and trends have done to others, how they influence.

If bringing children into this world is part of the equation, I'll welcome the event but I have to understand that I need to operate life through the direction of the brain, not the hands as I age.

Use what the good lord gave me and pass the hard labor to those around me.
      Just be sure you don't let life pass you by while trying to achieve your success. There is no amount of success in business which can make up for failure in the home. We make marriage what it is and what it is not and while you should not rush it you should not avoid it. What you need is a partner in life who supports you regardless of any perceived difference in drive. You find the right person and the rest just will not matter to either of you.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
        There is no amount of success in business which can make up for failure in the home.
        Well put.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          Oh sure, but expose us all to you prancing around the hotel lobby in a flowered towel!
          I was shocked to learn he was from Canada. Our initial thoughts when we saw him wearing a kiki each night was he was Samoan.

Mark
          Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
          I checked with Erin. In spite of what he told us she had solid blue towels in the room, but he kept insisting on taking the flowery ones!
          I only wear my funky-coloured skirts/towels when I need to blend in and be camoflaged - I was around such colourful characters for the RoundUp, that I thought no one would notice. And I was sure to not shave my legs for my prancing - that would just be odd!

Comment

Okay I had my first post-surgery check up today. My medical group is second to none and I am so glad I have them. They are all computerized now so when they took the x rays they went straight into my patient file. When I saw the Doctor he asked me how Ifelt and I told him the pain was very similar to pre-surgery pain but I have gone from a ninety degree lift of my arm to about one hundred and forty five degree lift. He then turned on the computer and showed me before and after x rays.

I have to tell you, it must be as much joy for Doctors to build stuff as it is for us because this guy had a grin from ear to ear. My old shoulder ball and socket looked like an old corroded galvanize joint which was all fuzzy. The new ball is attached to a long shaft hammered into my arm and just as smooth as could be. The socket was a heavy looking plastic of some type which was perfectly mated. He pointed to the socket and told me that was a brand new design and it costs almost as much as the ball costs. It's nice to see a guy who takes pride in his work especially when he is working on you.

Mark

Comment

It's nice to see a guy who takes pride in his work especially when he is working on you.
              Or in you, as the case may be.

Thankfully, 99.999999% of doctors out there aren't exactly like a lot of contractors - they correctly throw their garbage away as needed, rather than shoving it into any old opening, to try to save disposal costs.
              Last edited by canucksartech; 10-08-2009, 10:17 PM.

Comment

Where did they put the grease fitting?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                    I guess there is a big concern over how long the socket will last. The old ones lasted 10-years but they are hoping the new one will go 15-20-years. I doubt at 76 I will have a new one installed but you never know.

Mark

Comment

Mark, we all know that you will live forever
                      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I doubt at 76 I will have a new one installed but you never know.
                        I am surprised to hear you are 76, to me you seemed much younger than that.

Comment

Okay I had my first post-surgery check up today. My medical group is second to none and I am so glad I have them. They are all computerized now so when they took the x rays they went straight into my patient file. When I saw the Doctor he asked me how Ifelt and I told him the pain was very similar to pre-surgery pain but I have gone from a ninety degree lift of my arm to about one hundred and forty five degree lift. He then turned on the computer and showed me before and after x rays.

Mark
                          mark, i hope the doctor installed a cleanout as they're required at 135 degrees or greater

i'll speak to the chief tomorrow and raise a cow

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

I guess there is a big concern over how long the socket will last. The old ones lasted 10-years but they are hoping the new one will go 15-20-years. I doubt at 76 I will have a new one installed but you never know.

Mark
                            76???? That's it?

Comment

We always appreciate when DIY come back to report on their failure or success so I thought I would do a follow up. I had my 6-week post-op check up today, which was also suppose to be my last visit and a release back to my regular Orthopedic Surgeon. Keep in mind my shoulder surgeon is considered to be one of the best in the country. So anyways he walks in with a big smile and tells me how great the x rays look and that I healed really well. Then he went on to tell me he feels it is the best total shoulder replacement he has ever done and wants to know if I will continue coming back so he can document my progress. You have to love it when your surgeon is excited about the job he did for you.

Think what you will, but I know the prayers and well wishes from all had a lot to do with my recovery.

Thanks-Mark
                              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 11-13-2009, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Ok I will think what I will, but don't yell at me for it later!

I knew you were doing great as soon as you gave me a hug with both arms!

So glad you are doing so well.
                                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Working...
                                X