X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moldy Tarp

I wadded up a light weight cotton paint tarpaulen (12' X 16')which was, unknown to me, slightly damp. It sat in the corner of a house I am working on for a few weeks. I moved it today and discovered that it has lightly molded in a few areas. I spread it out on the front lawn for a while to ensure that it was well dried, then brushed it off with a broom. If it were a smaller item, I would just throw it in the washing machine with a bit of bleach and detergent, but of course it is too large for that. Do any of you folks have any suggestions as to how I may remove the molded areas without damaging the tarp?

Re: Moldy Tarp

Take it to a laundromat and wash it in one of their big machines.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Re: Moldy Tarp

put out on a drive way and wash with a broom and water with some bleach or mold inhibitor, rinse off good to get the bleach solution out, and set up on lumber on some saw horses, to dry, in the sun, or on a lawn, or hang on a clothes line.

have used a power washer as well on carpets to clean them up to reuse,
      just do not get real close if using a power washer,
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
      X