X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why...are we bombing the Moon. ??? 78 MILLION DOLLARS

Wasn't Studio 54 costly enough to build?

I don't need a link for this ignorance.

It's actually 79 million but I'm going to give everyone a million reasons to explain why we can't even take care of our water supply down here, now we need to hit a target in the sky that we'll never transport back to earth?

Please, I was born with cheese from the moon, in my mouth.
    Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 10-06-2009, 07:29 PM.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Why...are we bombing the Moon. ??? 78 MILLION DOLLARS

Think of the engineering teams! We need to keep them employed too! It's bad enough alot of jobs were outsourced, don't let the upper echelon of intelligence run idle as well!

Comment

How about putting that 79 million towards boots on the ground in afghanistan, protecting our good women and countrymen fighting a war we're balls deep into and have to finish the job?

That's been news lately, and I hope the death counts aren't rising due to lack of money, but just bad situations.

I always believe in finishing everything I start, no matter if it is right or wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
        How about putting that 79 million towards boots on the ground in afghanistan, protecting our good women and countrymen fighting a war we're balls deep into and have to finish the job?

That's been news lately, and I hope the death counts aren't rising due to lack of money, but just bad situations.

I always believe in finishing everything I start, no matter if it is right or wrong.

Ok, two things:

First - My pair of boots are among those scheduled to go to Afganistan, and thanks but no thanks, I prefer if our taxes didn't fund that little world tour.

Second - Nukes are so much cheaper. Come on, how much can it possibly cost to bribe some underpaid / overworked Russian general to "accidentally" press a button, and a landscape he himself once fought in back in 79 suddenly turned into the landscape of the moon?

Comment

$79M sounds like a steal compared to what... about a $500B for Iraq?
          In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

First= there is no "I wish this could stop" mentality. You cannot rewrite time, it's impossible. History doesn't warrant these channels.

I hope by recognition of my concern in this thread about our troops that when you do head over there, that you're given everything you need to do your duty.

Second= lots of people from near and far have wished nuclear destruction to bring and ending to the mountains of afghanistan, and what's buried deep. It'll never happen due to so many laws written in regards to humanitarian rights.

Mass death doesn't get along real well in the mindset of many. Think back to a city completely demolished.

It's another government agency that has seen the luxury of taxpayer dollars for too long, and keeping up with the Jones' isn't a plausible reason for keeping the money flowing.

I think California is in the biggest crisis mode and they could use the money the most, but I'm sure in 3 years the word INFLATION will be part of our daily vocabulary.

It has to people,

there's no other way to come back up. I don't care how good you think whatever "next big thing" you're in, what you belong to, feeling totally isolated from the doom and gloom of this bad economy...

It'll start with your groceries and move right up that chain of command of what you see you're paying MORE for as a result of what your surroundings are suffering from.

I'm not writing this story of time, it's just happening and there's no way we are not sideline watchers at this point. I gotta pee.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
              $79M sounds like a steal compared to what... about a $500B for Iraq?

Stay on topic darius, you're needed in this thread but we're talking about blowing holes in a ball of cheese in the sky.

79 million isn't .79 cents

It's a excuse to spend under the non-necessity goals of nasa.

Comment

Fair enough. I was kinda mislead by political comments by others.

I'm kinda biased towards all kinds of quirky things, such as: damn, it would be so nice to know if there is water on the Moon s I guess it would be fair if I stayed away from this thread.

Comment

79 mill would totally eliminate the Afghanistan problem or for that matter most of Afghanistan
                  sigpic

Comment

They're bombing My 8 grand kids future . The dirty BUSTURDS are breaking the bank
                    Last edited by toolaholic; 10-06-2009, 11:41 PM. Reason: I'M SOBER NOW!
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                      They're bombing My 8 grand kids future .
                      So do you have a property on the Moon?

Comment

darius!

Blow something up!

Comment

But I don't have $79M.

Comment

Awe DAMMIT! That is a problem.

Comment

a little over 200 years ago, they the (Government) sent some people trekking across a wildness trying to find the pacific ocean I think there name was Lewis and Clark.

With these words President Thomas Jefferson
                              Washington D.C., June 20, 1803

To Meriwether Lewis Esquire, Captain of the first regiment of Infantry of the United States of America.The Object of your mission is to explore the Missouri river & such principal stream of it as by it's course and communication with the waters of the Pacific ocean, whether the Columbia, Oregon, Colorado or any other river may offer the most direct & practicable water communication across this continent for the purpose of commerce.
                              We as a people have alway wanted to know about the unknown, and to discover things,

This is one thing I think the Government should be doing is investing in research and science,

with out the space race and many of the Government funded projects of the 50's, 60's and the 70's (which were the hay days of NASA) we would not have any where near the technologies or the things we have to day,

more than likely we would still be using vacuum tubes and the rotary dial telephone, and watching black and white Television,

now do those thing improve our lives, I really do not know, but they do make things nicer and smaller,

most likely with the space program you would not have the see snakes or the micro TV cameras you use, or the GPS navigation or the cell phones, and the lists go on, many of the plastics, and even the metals, even the weather forecast. the air traffic control system is a direct military spin off,

could the money be used else where, probably so, but where is the most important place?

the spin offs from the space programs and even the military programs have benefited all of us, and the products that are to day because of it are so common we do not even realize it,
                              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                              attributed to Samuel Johnson
                              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                              X