X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some times Ya get lucky

1 1/2 years ago did a large blue stone patio . Patio door, Ran about 75 ft. of gas line to a fireplace. Installed an expensive, beautiful, Gas log fireplace insert. No workee this season!
    Her boyfriend is a friend of mine. presto won't light off Pilot. Pull off glass, foam logs. Light off with butane lighter. thermo. coupling won't open gas flow. Give it a wrap with wrench
    poof grills light off. Re assemble. It's now 7:30 after a long day. Refuse any money.
    She's a great Gal,And I made great $$ on the original project. Yes I know It probably needs a New thermo. NEXT SEASON! ,I'm tired. I get tremendous satisfaction in fixing stuff.
    Did as a Kid.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Some times Ya get lucky

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
    1 1/2 years ago did a large blue stone patio . Patio door, Ran about 75 ft. of gas line to a fireplace. Installed an expensive, beautiful, Gas log fireplace insert. No workee this season!
    Her boyfriend is a friend of mine. presto won't light off Pilot. Pull off glass, foam logs. Light off with butane lighter. thermo. coupling won't open gas flow. Give it a wrap with wrench
    poof grills light off. Re assemble. It's now 7:30 after a long day. Refuse any money.
    She's a great Gal,And I made great $$ on the original project. Yes I know It probably needs a New thermo. NEXT SEASON! ,I'm tired. I get tremendous satisfaction in fixing stuff.
    Did as a Kid.
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Every now and again the 'fix it' fairy stops in for me too. Pretty rare though!
      I am a geek like that too.just like fixing crap.
      Always too happy to help a h/o with some small thing while I am there..
      garage door opener adjustments..the blinking basement light with the too-high wattage bulb and the stop on the door closer that no longer works...
      It sort makes up for the customers who don't understand packing nuts and plungers that are a 35 mile round trip.

Comment

Earlier in the day I called the fireplace shop. "The only problem We see is when folks turn off Pilot for the summer season, It kills them!" Why do You suppose that is?
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
        X