X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sears Tower - Skydeck Ledge (pic)

Thought I would share this one. We visited Chicago last month with the boys. Went up to the new ledge on the 103rd floor of the Sears Tower. Thought it would be funny to watch the boys reaction to not having a floor under themselves at that height.

They have no fear whatsoever... make me think something is broken in their instincts... Timmy actually laid down and looked straight down

Attached Files

Re: Sears Tower - Skydeck Ledge (pic)

I got dizzy just looking at the picture! A little fear is a good thing, keep an eye on them two.

Comment

The glass floor at the CN Tower in Toronto is 150 floors up. Kids were rolling all over it just like Timmy and Titus. Most of the adults wouldn't go out.

I even got a little vertigo staring down after awhile and had to hang onto the railing

Once you fall out of a tree, your brain remembers that.

I wonder how they would react when they get a little older

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
        The glass floor at the CN Tower in Toronto is 150 floors up. Kids were rolling all over it just like Timmy and Titus. Most of the adults wouldn't go out.

I even got a little vertigo staring down after awhile and had to hang onto the railing

Once you fall out of a tree, your brain remembers that.

I wonder how they would react when they get a little older
        I was at the CN tower back in 2000, the deck there was so scratched up so it helped take away the fear of standing above nothing.
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Wow!

Nice picture... it's amazing how much "visual" effect that has on adults and yet children love it. It almost takes my breath away, just looking at that picture.

I remember years ago when we took our son to Gettysburg, he wanted to go up in the observation tower. I remember getting off the elevator and quick-stepping behind him as he ran over to the rail. It didn't bother him a bit, but as soon as I got to the rail, it jolted me and I instantly stumbled back about six paces. I was shocked at my reaction.

Today I'm not so sure I could bring myself to step out onto the platform that you pictured.

(Have any of you seen the similar platform that was opened this past year at the Grand Canyon?)

CWS

Comment

Yes Josh we have the same walk out on the Eureka building in Melbourne its only around 79 stories up, you walk out out 2mts and nealy have heart failure.

Tony

Comment

josh, let the boys know that uncle rick will take them bungy jumping when they see us again

nothing like walking off the platform with a rubber band around your ankles

don't tell helen, and you don't tell joey. it will be just the guys

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

That kid looks like he's trying to open the door.

I've hated heights since I was a kid. These boys should be astronaughts.
                (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

I think part of why kids have no fear today is because of all the high tech stuff out there, movies, cartoons, games, etc. that let you experience things in virtual reality. Maybe my boys just thought they were standing in a picture frame with big buildings or some type of illusion. We all know better and it freaks us out ;-)

Comment

That's like 102 floors too high for me!

Red
                    Red

Comment

Originally posted by cactus View Post
                      That's like 102 floors too high for me!

Red

Yeah, but how safe is it on the street, afterall this is Chicago!

CWS

Comment

No way. Nope.

Comment

no, not another video

still have a video i havn't posted of me jumping off the skytower in auckland, new zealand. 630' to the ground

need to still upload it

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X