Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What universal health care does to plumbers

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...-over-NHS.html

Seriously though, this social liberal does not trust the government with any more of our money, even if I believe in the concept. I say no. My mom lives in Canada and gets excellent health care as do the rest of my family. I have had more problems here, as have my sister and youngest brother. I do not trust uncle Sam to make it any better though and I don't want to give them any more of our money to try.
    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Re: What universal health care does to plumbers

That was an interesting read. Having just gone through surgery I think a lot about a government program. From when I decided to have my shoulder replaced to when it was done was 14-weeks and that included the month delay I asked for so I could go to the Roundup. I don't see that happening with a government plan. The surgeon was also free to make whatever calls he wanted during surgery and I like that as well.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Woodenstickers,

Is that you? Nobody stole your username?

"Both" models, what we have now and what universal health care is, will both have people that fall through the cracks...

but I believe that when everyone gets on board, we'll see a massive overload where good people get in bad situations, and there will be a two tier system that won't be talked about.

Those who run on the lower tier,

Those who pay for elevated services, second tier.

I think the timing of this massive idea is horrible. Trying to push this through might unfold other problems as well.
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I voted for change and the only change I got was a different person on the outside! "I will go through the budget of government spending with a scalpel", LIAR!!! They found overspending by the govenment related to medicare resulting from overcharging by providers, and what was done? Nothing once the special interest lobbyists got done! For change to occur, something must change, and so far it is business as usual. We have the democrats covering up for one another, dragging their feet and going nowhere, accomplishing nothing. Time is one luxury we don't have and they are killing the clock. Now is not the time for healthcare reform, the greater issue is loss of jobs and gov't overspending. We could not afford the half trillion spent on iraq by the former administration and we can't afford the money being spent in afghanistan by the current one. What happens when the world no longer wants our dollar? We are circling the drain and rather than put in the stopper, they are running the water.

Comment

We need health care reform period. That doesn't mean it needs to be free.

Frank, you really think jobs and overspending are more important than having health care.

You can't work if your sick or dead, and government overspending means nothing to someone suffering from cancer, right now with no insurance or health care.

I'm not a Democrat, Republican or whatever, I am a American. All this blaming makes me sick and pissed off.

Take a look at my Avatar and talk to me about medical care/reform not being important. I'm living it.
          Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I have mentioned before that I have Kaiser. I feel Kaiser would be a good model to use for Health Care Reform. I have had more than my share of medical issues over the last 10-years and they have been there 100%. They are a non-profit yet I know of at least 3-campuses which have recently opened new state of the art hospitals as part of an expansion.

Because it is all inclusive you don't get the shock of non covered costs I have seen with others like Blue Cross. They have so many free class for Health Management you could almost become a full-time student just taking their classes. The other part I liked with Kaiser was if I had an employee with issues I could enroll them during open enrollment once a year (Nov) regardless of the reason.

I don't have a problem paying more taxes so the Government can subsidize the cost of decent Health Care to those in need but I don't believe for a minute the Government should be in the medical business.

Mark
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Tyman View Post
              We need health care reform period. That doesn't mean it needs to be free.

Frank, you really think jobs and overspending are more important than having health care.

You can't work if your sick or dead, and government overspending means nothing to someone suffering from cancer, right now with no insurance or health care.

I'm not a Democrat, Republican or whatever, I am a American. All this blaming makes me sick and pissed off.

Take a look at my Avatar and talk to me about medical care/reform not being important. I'm living it.
              Ty, I see your Avatar and know you are a strong and loving Father and compassionate man. I lost a disabled child when she was very young, and my wife had Breast Cancer, so I understand the necessity for healthcare and reform. I don't say without thinking that about such things, that right now if we don't stop the out of control gov't spending and bring back jobs, there's no way we will be able to provide healthcare or maintain our standard of living. A while back someone here wrote that the high gasoline prices were a good idea to get folks who don't work off the roads, and I responded "What about the people who have to go for chemo, or other life saving treatments"?
              I'll say it again, as important as healthcare is to our families and economy, families are losing jobs, healthcare and their homes due to dependance on foreign manufacturing, outsourcing, the trade deficit and gov't overspending. I really think to guarantee healthcare along with a secure future our legislators need to look at the bigger picture of how messed up our economy is and get moving to fix it. We can't provide for millions of illegals who don't pay into the system, but we have been. We can't keep sending our wealth of American dollars to communist china and borrowing from them with no end in sight! Good, affordable healthcare for your family depends on you working, customers or consumers working and buying your services or goods, our country keeping afloat. Unless all those things are happening together in the proper balance it is a matter of time until everything falls apart. I am a sober, safe driver, my cars have good brakes and good tires, so I think I'm a little safer on the road. Truth is that I'm driving along with folks who are drunk or drugged up, talking on cell phones, driving cars with bald tires and bad brakes. That's what is happening to our country and economy, we need a bigger picture of the serious problems and a group effort between legislators and the American public to do whatever it takes to get things right. Health is a very fragile thing, not to be taken for granted. In my opinion our economy is in grave danger of failing and if it does, we will lose our healthcare and much, much more. Frank

Comment

Health care or no health care

What about some personal responsibility, as well

how hard is a splint to make?
                how hard is a sling to make?
                with those two items he would have a reasonable usable arm, now, instead he let it hang and he got the result,

many of the mid bone breaks like his are not even put in a cast, just a sling is used to hold in position and to immobilize, the arm, many times as treatment,

If all else failed one would think there would be some form of basic first aid books at the library, that would at lest described the basic treatment of that kind of break,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some thing is screwy with the story, it says he was sent to emergency and they cast the arm, if that this the case how did it get in that position? If it was set in that position then some DR was smoking some thing,

there is more to the story that what is written it looks like to me,
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                  Health care or no health care

What about some personal responsibility, as well

how hard is a splint to make?
                  how hard is a sling to make?
                  with those two items he would have a reasonable usable arm, now, instead he let it hang and he got the result,

many of the mid bone breaks like his are not even put in a cast, just a sling is used to hold in position and to immobilize, the arm, many times as treatment,

If all else failed one would think there would be some form of basic first aid books at the library, that would at lest described the basic treatment of that kind of break,

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

some thing is screwy with the story, it says he was sent to emergency and they cast the arm, if that this the case how did it get in that position? If it was set in that position then some DR was smoking some thing,

there is more to the story that what is written it looks like to me,
                  You can do wonders to a picture with photo shop!

Comment

AFTER I posted this my mother in Canada broke her finger in a dog leash incident. She went to the hospital, got her x-rays, made an appointment with a plastic surgeon to put a pin in it, got the surgery, got all her pills and is recovering. All pre-paid through taxes, all with no delay and great care.

Don't get me wrong, reform I am all for, I will also pay higher taxes for the good of all because I think it is my duty as a part of society. I have a huge distrust of either party to EVER not take advantage of it, or any heavily lobbied industry to not use it to rob us blind.

Eli
                    A good carpenter makes few mistakes, a great carpenter can fix his own.

Comment

In Australia we have medicare which all Australians pay a percentage of their overall taxes to per year, which gives you medical and hospital coverage and a percentage off the cost of pharmaceutical mediciens, but you may have to get in the queue to go to hospital which may take weeks or months unless it is a life threatnening emergency, the majority also have private coverage as well which supplements medicare and costs me around $2000.00 per years for full coverage no matter what medical problem I encounter I`m covered.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                      X