What's L.A. County Like Now?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's L.A. County Like Now?

I saw a hard copy of the LA Times last Monday at the library (don't ask) and there was maybe 20 jobs listed in the Help Wanted section. What's up with that? LA was always an option for work---is there work in the second largest city in the most populous state?

I looked at the foreclosure map tonight and there seems to be more house auctions than homes for sale. Are these places vacant or what?
    Last edited by Drip Trip; 10-11-2009, 09:43 AM.
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Re: What's L.A. County Like Now?

the county has dozens of smaller cities that are incorporated in it. sure there are foreclosures in the outlaying areas of los angeles county. within the city, i don't think it's as bad.

the newer communities that were built for newer, younger 1st time buyers are probably more at risk than the older established communities.

when real estate prices fell, then the ones that are paying more than their property is worth, just let the bank take them back. i don't see that here locally.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

And the picture Rick paints applies to a good proportion of Calif., northern as well as southern. Unemployment approaching the teens. Not like the early thirties (25% unemployment, and a whole lot more under employment), but kind of edgy, all the same.

Comment

What about the Time's classified section and the 20 or so job listings? Are the employers advertising somewhere else or is that it?
        (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Working...
        X