Strange Meeting You Here

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strange Meeting You Here

Okay this is kind of like the Small World Thread only different.

This weekend has been a very busy weekend for us. My sister from Longview, Texas (1,601 miles from Valencia) is in town to visit my mother in Valencia who is an assisted living facility. In addition, my wife's twin brother's youngest daughter who is going to school in Houston (1,585 miles from Valencia) got married Saturday in Los Angeles (35 miles from Valencia). My wife's twin lives in Santa Maria (135 miles from Valencia) so they were down for the day but went home Saturday night. Finally Sunday night comes and everyone is done with all of the wedding stuff and we have time to spend with my sister. We decide since she is in Valencia we will take her to the Claim Jumpers restaurant over by her hotel.

So we walk into the Claim Jumpers and ran into my wife's twins oldest daughter and her family. They live in Redding (508 miles from Valencia) but decided to do Disneyland today so the stayed over in Anaheim (64 miles from Valencia). As Redding is a long drive home they decided to stop at a restaurant off the freeway for their first bathroom stop to eat dinner. Although they were done eating and in a hurry to get home they thought they would visit with us for a while. When they came to our table, it turns out the Bride was sitting only a few tables from us. They had told everyone they were Honeymooning in Washington DC (2,680 miles from Valencia) so we figured they had already left. As it turns out they found a cheaper flight if they left on Tuesday so they picked Valencia to hang out so that no one would find them.

Now I am not a betting man but I would be interested to find out what the odds were we would all end up in the same restaurant, on the same day, at the same time and run into each other.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Strange Meeting You Here

probably the same odds as joey not calling you the same day

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
      probably the same odds as joey not calling you the same day

rick.
      Yes but I have already talked to your child bride today.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Who comes to Washington, D.C. to Honeymoon

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
          Who comes to Washington, D.C. to Honeymoon

Comment

Bill,

there spying on you! the honeymoon is just a cover!
            the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Mark,

there was a lady at a gas station in St. George calling her dog Rosey. my ears perked up when i heard that, but never saw the dog.
              the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                Now I am not a betting man but I would be interested to find out what the odds were we would all end up in the same restaurant, on the same day, at the same time and run into each other.

Mark
                I hope you went out and bought a lottery ticket....or two.

I would.
                I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

This is my Strange Meeting You Here story....

First weekend after getting my drivers license me and a few buddies head to the beach. We meet some chicks and partied til the sun came up. Knowing we lived several hundred miles from each other, we said our goodbyes thinking we would never see each other again

Two weeks later I get dragged to a family reunion.

What do you suppose the odds of the first girl I steal second base from turns out to be my 1st cousin?

Uncle Bobby brings that story up EVERY holiday
                  Last edited by plumberscrack; 10-12-2009, 03:00 PM.

Comment

Obviously that explains the cross-eyed children...............
                    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Working...
                    X