Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot Air Balloon - UFO

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
    Thank God this didn't end in death for that child.
    The way things are going nowadays when I heard that the child was not in the balloon and his brother reported he went up in it, my first thought was 'the brother killed him, hid the body, released the balloon and claimed his brother was in it.'
    Their names weren't Cain and Abel.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Needs an azz-whoopin'...

J.C.
      The parent's do, too. How do you let your kids be unsupervised with this thing floating in the backyard?

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
        The parent's do, too. How do you let your kids be unsupervised with this thing floating in the backyard?
        Ah, you read my mind! Some parents are into all sorts of potentially dangerous activities, the difference is in how you safeguard your children and others. I can't imagine having such a thing in my backyard, but if I did It would be tethered with several wire ropes and padlocks onto eye bolts cemented deep into concrete. Might as well leave a loaded gun lying around or keys in your car. The parents are flaky, you want to chase storms go right ahead and have a big insurance policy in case things go bad, but don't drag your kids along for the risky ride. I'd like to slap some sense into both those morons.

Comment

It's starting to smell more and more like a scam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI6UO...layer_embedded

Mark
          Last edited by ToUtahNow; 10-15-2009, 11:26 PM.
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Dad: "Why didn't you come out?"
            Falcon: "Um...you guys said...that, um...we did this for a show."
            Dad: "Yeah..."
            Mom: "No."

Hmmmmmm. I'm agreeing with Mark a bit on this one. Time for an adeptly skilled interviewer/interogator to sit down with each of the family members, and see if there was some sort of a pre-orchestration going on with this.

Comment

Water board the parents and when they confess (not if), lock'em up. Those kids deseve better than those dopes.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Water board the parents and when they confess (not if), lock'em up. Those kids deseve better than those dopes.
                Oh Frankie! What are we going to do with you??!!!!

Comment

Oh Frankie! What are we going to do with you??!!!!

Sorry, I had a bad day, foot doctor said I got that plantar fasciatis problem. Feet killing me and gonna take a while to get relief, monday I see a cardiologist, high blood presure problem. Weather is lousy and I'm arguing with my wife. These folks with the three little boys and the balloon thing today, really got to me. They put a lot of folks at risk and I do hold the parents responsible, either a prank for publicity or carelessness.

Comment

I was with 4 co-workers in a rest stop near Philly on the NJ Turnpike and this thing was all over the news. The guy next to me goes, "They should just shoot it down." (in jest), I couldn't stop laughing for like five minutes.

On a more serious note, we were there for 30 minutes eating dinner and all that was on CNN was Baloon boy, Rush Limbaugh can't buy a foot ball team, and Stephen Colbert joking about healthcare.

The world is going to hell in a handbasket, we've got two foreign wars going on, and all they are talking about is this kid playing with toys in his grandma's attic.

Comment

Looks like that interview scorched them a little bit...

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/1...0.html?ref=rss

Comment

Looks like that interview scorched them a little bit...

http://www.cbc.ca/world/story/2009/1...0.html?ref=rss
                        I'm all for getting the truth out about this whole situation but there does come a time when you just throw good money at bad. How necessary is it really to launch a government probe into this matter? I think we all know that the cost of the probe will surely out distance the cost of the search and rescue effort. Please, please Colorado........keep the politicians as far removed from this whole thing as possible.

Whatever the outcome of this drama turns out to be, I sure am glad that that little boy is safe and sound.
                        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

The estimated cost of the S&R is now $2,000,000. It is not the money it is that he put lives in danger and had flights diverted. It is possible it was not a hoax but they owe it to the kids to make sure the dad was not using them to make a quick buck.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
                            I'm all for getting the truth out about this whole situation but there does come a time when you just throw good money at bad. How necessary is it really to launch a government probe into this matter? I think we all know that the cost of the probe will surely out distance the cost of the search and rescue effort. Please, please Colorado........keep the politicians as far removed from this whole thing as possible.

Whatever the outcome of this drama turns out to be, I sure am glad that that little boy is safe and sound.
                            Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            The estimated cost of the S&R is now $2,000,000. It is not the money it is that he put lives in danger and had flights diverted. It is possible it was not a hoax but they owe it to the kids to make sure the dad was not using them to make a quick buck.

Mark
                            I agree with both. There's no need for politicians to get (over)involved, and yes, an inquiry of sorts would get exponentially expensive. But the Dad's (and potentially the Mom's also) possible "quest for fame" may be a culprit in this. Child endangerment, filing a false report, causing a disturbance, etc., etc. Again, there's a lot of "ifs" with this. But the local police at the least amount have to look into this to see if there's a cause for concern here with these parents.

Comment

I just watched the video of that balloon being launched by the parents. The father was upset about the tether lines, but there was clearly no basket attached at the time of the launch. How then could the parents later tell authorities that they believed their son was in a basket attached to the balloon? Did the parents misspeak as well as the child? I think they lied and should not only have to pay a fine, but do community service and take some kind of parenting classes.
                              P.S., I'm positive the father knew there was no way that balloon would carry a fifty pound payload!

Comment

To give you an idea of the family outside of this recent event, here is a video clip of them from "Wife Swap".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lr_zA...eature=related

Mark

Comment

Working...
                                X