X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hot Air Balloon - UFO

Based on evidence found after a search warranty, the Sheriff has announced he will be filling Class 3 Misdemeanor charges in this investigation. He will also be talking to Federal Agencies to see if they will fill additional charges. The news conference is suppose to be at 1:00 PM EST.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

You have to love YouTube. Here is a video with a bunch of different clips and the 911 call:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6nOfimHMdw

Mark

Comment

Now it looks like there will be 4-charges including a Felony. The hoax was planned at least two weeks in advance to gain media publicity for a Reality Show they were hoping to sell.

Early on in the investigation, the Sheriff said he believed the couple's story because they would have to be actors to be so believable. Turns out the couple first met at acting school in Hollywood and were in fact actors.

One disturbing note is the Sheriff said it is possible the kids may have been drugged based on their reactions on the videos.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          Now it looks like there will be 4-charges including a Felony. The hoax was planned at least two weeks in advance to gain media publicity for a Reality Show they were hoping to sell.

Early on in the investigation, the Sheriff said he believed the couple's story because they would have to be actors to be so believable. Turns out the couple first met at acting school in Hollywood and were in fact actors.

One disturbing note is the Sheriff said it is possible the kids may have been drugged based on their reactions on the videos.

Mark
          Sad, sad excuse for parenting. Another example of exploiting your kids to make yourself famous/popular/rich. (For reference, please Google "Octomom"!!!)

I hope child protection services really look into these parents.

Comment

Isn't it amazing, the extent to which greedy people will teach their children?

I watched this fiasco on CNN when the "accident" was first reported and they were filming the craft floating across local geography. I have to say that my emotions were sort of mixed and like many of us, my fear was that the poor little guy may have fallen to his death. It's very heart-tugging to witness such events. On the other hand, there was this "little kid" in me that said, "Cool"... but why didn't Dad put any windows in it for me?"

But later when they showed the backyard footage of the balloon lifting off and "breaking" it's tiedown lines... I told my wife that it was all a bad joke. The chances of both lines breaking at the same instant would be highly unlikely, especially given the fact that there was no wind and the balloon was rather small and even with helium it was doubtful that the "lift" would be enough to overcome both lines at once. Also, there had to be some consideration to the work effort and the cost of building the craft, especially if it was designed to hold instrumentation.

Normally, one line would come loose, the craft would lift on one side going almost vertical as the other line would hold it down. If stressed by the lift potential of the particular gas and any whipping by the wind, the second line might go quickly at that point. But the video showed both lines badly freyed and loose at almost the same moment.

Later examination of the craft showed that it was rather flimsy, especially the compartment area under the gas compartment. It sounds doubtful that it could securely support future instrumentation.

I read this morning that a local scientist doubted that, given the size of the balloon, it's structure and build quality, that it would have lifted with the 37 lb load that the little guy represented. Of course the wind (if there had been one at the launch site) might have contributed to the craft's lift too.

Stupid, self-centered people do stupid, in considerate things. It certainly brings into question the ability to properly raise these three young lads, without some community oversight.

I think this is one of those cases where the cost of emergency services needs to be billed (at least in large part) to the parents.

CWS
            Last edited by CWSmith; 10-18-2009, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Too many folks who become "Parents" don't have a clue what responsibilities that title carries. I've always considered the safety of my children, their health and my job to teach them respect, values, morals, and to nuture their self confidence and image while at the same time being stern enough to discipline bad behavior. These folks need an attitude adjustment and parenting classes at the very least! Glad no responders got hurt and that the children are all safe, now it's time to send a message.
              Last edited by Frankiarmz; 10-18-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

We should make it harder to be a parent

Unfortunately, it's one of the easiest things in the world to become

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  We should make it harder to be a parent

Unfortunately, it's one of the easiest things in the world to become
                  As the saying goes, "it's easy to father a child, but it's hard to be a dad".

Comment

This just gets dumber and dumber. Here are two theme songs the father made as theme songs to TV shows he was pitching. In the second song he claims to be a Contractor licensed in California to do Plumbing, Roofing and whatever. I just checked and there is no record of him ever being licensed in California.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cLYtt8eIEco

Mark

Comment

All I want to hear from these so called parents, is a confession, apology and promise to be responsible parents from here on out.

Comment

Okay after more research it appears Richard Heene has a brother Don who is a licensed plumbing contractor in California and Oregon (Don Heene Plumbing) operating out of both Bend, Oregon and Roseville, California. Richard is not listed on either license.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                        X