X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Air Balloon - UFO

If anyone is watching TV right now there is a hot air balloon shaped like a UFO which has broken loose and flying on it's own. Inside this balloon is believed to be a 6-year old child. The balloon is currently at 8,000 feet and moving at 25-mph. This is really scary stuff as no one knows how to help at this time. It sounds like it was meant to track the weather and never meant to be a manned unit.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Hot Air Balloon - UFO

soft landing... hope he is fine. Looks like it turned out alright.

Comment

Nobody in the balloon . Hope this was just a hoax and that the kid didnt fall out at some point.

Josh

Comment

I just switched the TV on and the balloon is on the ground. Fortunately or unfortunately, it's hard to tell which at this time, it appears that there is no one in that balloon at this time.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

It doesn't look good. They have access to the balloon now and they've asked the news helicopters to leave. It's either empty or a hoax.

Mark

Comment

It appeared to be fully intact and closed. Hope the little boy never got inside.

Comment

The search goes on...

Comment

The kid is fine.
                He was hiding in the attic the whole time.

I'm glad he is fine but I hope authorities complete a full investigation.

Mark

Comment

I love it--the media was duped by three little kids!!

Comment

This reminds me of the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie when they drank that soda and they floated away and had to burp there way down

Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                      I love it--the media was duped by three little kids!!
                      Forget the media, what about the score of emergency vehicles which followed the balloon for 50-miles, or the military helicopter that was sent to help, not to mentioned they had to close down the Denver International Airport. This all started with two small boys standing on the roof of their home with cameras screaming their brother just floated away.

Mark

Comment

I seriously thought it was staged, all of it.

I bet keyword search for "how to build hot air balloon" goes sky high.
                        ;

Whoops...play on words.
                        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Needs an azz-whoopin'...

J.C.

Comment

Thank God this didn't end in death for that child.
                            The way things are going nowadays when I heard that the child was not in the balloon and his brother reported he went up in it, my first thought was 'the brother killed him, hid the body, released the balloon and claimed his brother was in it.'
                            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Yeah, I just read that he was hiding in a box in the attic of his parents' garage. Big money spent on this (media, police resources, airport shut down, EMS calvary, etc.), but it's what was needed to be done.

It's actually kind of typical of a kid his age. When I teach our newer members coming in to search and rescue, we use a bunch of case studies. And a lot of the data that is used in SAR is used universally within North America for multitudes of "lost person categories" - you have despondents, children (1-3yrs, etc., in a few different groups), alzheimer's/dementia, hunters/fishers/outdoorspeople, etc., etc., etc.

With his age group, it's typical of the "hide and not-seek" mentality. They see police uniforms, and hear people calling really loud for them, and the mindset that they have is to hide, as they feel that if they are found they will be in big trouble, so it would be better for them to hide and stay hidden, until everyone goes away. There was a local search near me here, a few years ago, where the initial officer on site did a house sweep with the Mom when he arrived to start the search. The problem was, was that he was distracted by going over what's called an LPQ with her (Lost Person Questionaire). Then, when everyone else arrived, no one bothered to do a double- and triple-check on the house (which is a must in the first operational period of 8 hours or so). So, when the new Search Manager arrived for the next OP about 10 hours later, and after critizing them for not re-doing the house and property search, he had it redone. The 7-year-old little boy was found in the home, hiding under a desk off the dining room. He had pulled the chair in behind him, and hid there, since he was afraid since he saw all the police uniforms. For that search, 10 hours long, there were 20+ uniform resources there. Expensive.

But, that's the nature of the beast.

Also, from seeing the videos of this balloon chase, and how the emergency crews responded after it landed on the ground, I have a funny feeling that they already knew that the boy just wasn't in that balloon. There was no impetus on their part to cut that thing open, to check on him inside. I read that they found him in the garage 2-hrs after the balloon crashed, but they must have known that he wasn't in the balloon - they had a massive search that was going on around the home and neighbourhood apparently.

The big issue that would have been dangerous was if that thing had floated towards the airport more, and ended up in a collision with a plane, as they apparently weren't able to track it on radar, and could only do it visually. Well, for take-off and landing, that wouldn't have been a good thing with this balloon in the area.

Comment

Working...
                              X