X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embarrassing Job Experiences

Last edited by Tyman; 02-22-2010, 08:35 PM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: Embarrassing Job Experiences

Anything I could say to top THAT, I'll keep to myself

Go Tyman! It's your birthday! Go...Go... Go Tyman

Probably was Very embarrassing, but you probably gained a customer for life.
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Had a customer in a non-chalant way say...

"That has got to be the largest set of **** I've ever seen."

Of course, I assumed she was talking about something non-related to what hangs between my legs...

but I was wrong.

All I can say is that I was under the sink, my legs spread at times to manuever around to get comfortable and something fell out without notice.

Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

3 weeks ago i had a very nice beverly hills trophy wife asking me to check the water pressure on her pull out kitchen sink faucet.

as i removed the spout, i dropped the washer into the disposal. of course i couldn't fit my man hands into the machine, i asked if she could help

she was scared of the disposal and i assured her that the machine was not going to turn on.

she reached in and grabbed the rubber hose washer. her hand was a little dirty from the splash guard and without even thinking she turned on the faucet to wash her hand

of course the spout was still in my hand and the hose was not connected to it. she took a full blast right to her chest

she was stunned and i had to shut the faucet off. we had a good laugh and told her she might want to change her shirt

of course it would have been a little awkward to take a photo for all of you guys. but i did call mark, adam and ben to tell them my story

normally i would be the one to get blasted.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

a few years back i was working on a water heater at a methodist church camp and a wrench slipped and i scraped my knuckels on a block wall!! needless to say i left out a vulgar war hoop without thinking about where i was at. then- i heard someone say laughingly bless you john for you have sinned!!! yep! you guessed it ! there he was the preacher himself. hes pretty cool, he just laughed and said: i bet that hurtlike hell, i was still embarrased.-WOOPS!

Comment

Here's an off the job moment. The first month at my new home nineteen years ago I decided to cut down a seventy foot oak tree in the backyard. My wife was holding our two year old daughter in her arms and was far enough away from any danger but close enough to harass me with words that were not very encouraging. I thought I had the tree jacked in the right direction but when I made my final cut and the line went slack, it spun around and crashed on the peak of my roof. Crushed the roof and exploded a bedroom window. She was pretty upset and to hide my embarassment I told her she was lucky to have a husband willing to tackle such a job! Needless to say after that incident I had to be real careful with the chainsaws.

Comment

Playing with as much "arcs-n-sparks" as I do, the best one so far is when I was trying to land an ser cable to feed a subpanel for an old lady. So here was the the job, the missus was having an addition put on to an old house, due to the framing, it was deemed easier and less wiring to run an SER cable to a sub, then branch out from there. So anyway, we did the whole job, rought, cut in, and finish, all was left was to land the feeders back at the main panel. Well, enter silly me here. The main was a bit stuffed as it was, so I decided to the run ground wire from the SER up, around the top and behind the main feeders and all the other conductors. Well I accidentally crossed that bare conductor across the main phase lugs on the LINE side of the panel disconnect! Nice little light show indeed since I effectively welded the SE conductors from the meter to the lugs, and melted half the grounding conductor on the SER right off!

Well, I suppose the good news is that we never half to worry about those lugs from working loose again! And everything still works!

Comment

Worked for an older lady who would rent out rooms in her place. I go there one day to fix several things and she drags me into one of the bathrooms and tells me the shower is really leaking badly. The water was really flowing so I wanted to take a peek at the leak. When I opened up the shower door there was a 20 year old girl taking a shower! She did this little dance that kind of looked like jumping jacks trying to cover herself up. I close the door as quick as I can and felt like a fool. Went to fix the other problem and came back a little while later when I did not hear the water running in the shower. While I was making my repair this gal came into the bathroom and I did my best to apologize for my mistake. She said "no problem I thought it was pretty exciting"

Comment

I accidentally "passed wind" in the basement today thinking the woman of the house was gone. Well, she was oriental and white castles were eaten two days ago, two days! Only reason I ate them was because I was bound up and I knew those would blast through.

Well, they have a tendency to slither and I misjudged and it was bad.

Here's the way it went down:

Woman homeowner:

"What yu doing?"

Me: "Huh?"

WH: "I pay you work on water pipe. It smell like drain pipe"

Me: ~silence~

WH: "No work on drain pipe. Only water pipe!"

Me: "Okay..."

I point over towards floor drain, "The smell come from here"

WH: "Okay you fix pipe."

And out the door I went...

Comment

In my first year in the US I was to clean up a garage before some work to be done on it. The garage was a big mess, and being pretty fresh out of a different world, I didn't always know what various objects were for.

At one point the lady of the house passed by as I was holding this object of a familiar shape but, I thought at the time, without much application if the object was just an imitation of the real thing.

She said - yes, size does matter.

Oh, and the object was a dildo.
                    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

A friend of mine is a drywall guy that does a lot of new homes.......no bathrooms. A lot of times they will use the box the joint compound comes in to take a dump and drop some sawdust on top.

One time the builder decided to show some possible buyers the property while he was straddling one of those little boxes in the closet. He took the rest of the day off.

I was fishing with a buddy up a neck of a small lake and my stomach started churning. On one side were houses and on the other was just a timbered area. So I made my way over there. When I tried to step onto the shore, I sunk into the ground up to my knee. I knew I couldn't go to that side so I pulled my leg out and made way over to the other side. Right along the shore was shacks that people just use for vacations places, but up the hill is a bunch of uppity lakefront houses. The shack has running water so I used it to wash my leg off. Then I sat "half-cheeked" on a bench and took care of business. Dogs were barking like crazy but I refused to even look and see if someone could see me. Then I used the hose to clean up and went back to my boat.

Comment

Probably my worst:

Doing a kitchen/ bath remodel on the main floor of an old, two story home. The homeowner had a key hidden outside to get in. I had been there for a few days and never seen anyone all day.

So I go there one morning after a late night of beer drinking with some buddies.

After a little while the big potty urge overwhelmed me, so I went to the upstairs bathroom.

A late night of drinkin' and eatin' made this one a real forehead sweatin' growler.

I get all done, regain my composure and go back to work downstairs.

It wasn't 2 minutes later and down come Mrs Homeowner and homeowner junior. They had been upstairs for my whole performance.

I haven't crapped in a customer's house since.

Comment

Originally posted by rofl View Post
                          Then I used the hose to clean up and went back to my boat.

Proof that bidets (even in the simplest forms) work!

Comment

Many Years ago was installing Pella windows . I cam up the ladder, in the morn, to the old bathroom window. There the 50 year old homeowner,woman ,was on the pot with Her pantys around Her ankles. We made eye contact and I retreated.
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

[QUOTE=DUNBAR;257546]Had a customer in a non-chalant way say...

"That has got to be the largest set of **** I've ever seen."

Of course, I assumed she was talking about something non-related to what hangs between my legs...

but I was wrong.

All I can say is that I was under the sink, my legs spread at times to manuever around to get comfortable and something fell out without notice.

I hate it when that happens........

Comment

Working...
                              X