Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a question:

Why don't Package Stores deliver?

How many times do we all drag ourselves home dirty, smelly, and exausted, to the point a cold one would go down good, yet only to find the refridgerator empty, thus not only deprived of a moment's peace, but having to get back into the car and drive yet again!
    Just have a twelve pack dropped right at my door, and a quick swipe of my ID.
    We have the technology, the tracking systems, and GPS monitoring to support this!

If I had the power, I could make this world an easier place.
    Last edited by tailgunner; 10-20-2009, 09:11 PM.

Re: I have a question:

hmmmmm.....I'm walking down a dark street in Boston and a liquor delivery geek parks up the street. I walk by his Honda car and there are cases of booze in the back seat and he's delivering to a 4th floor walk-up.

Give you 10 seconds to guess what would happen....
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
      hmmmmm.....I'm walking down a dark street in Boston and a liquor delivery geek parks up the street. I walk by his Honda car and there are cases of booze in the back seat and he's delivering to a 4th floor walk-up.

Give you 10 seconds to guess what would happen....

No different than some homeless person stealing a calzone out of some pizza delivery kid's car!

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
        Why don't Package Stores deliver?
        That sounds like a great idea. Maybe someday.

Down in these parts if you ask for a package store, they send you to the UPS store!
        Red

Comment

could it have any thing to do with the license of the premises and where the transaction is taking place?
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Actuaaly a great idea. I can't think of the amount of times I've been at a party that needed restocking only to find everyone was drunk(no need for a dd as we all slept there). We end up calling everyone to make a midnight run. I see a big future in this.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Used to work with a guy that had his beer delivered to his house. True.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X