X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Laughing Matter

I watched a few minutes of the Letterman show tonight as President Obama spoke about the economy. The subject of "Green " jobs and the potential for hundreds of thousands of Americans to find employment jobs did not make me feel any better about our country's future. Even if those numbers are accurate for those non-existent jobs, what about the other fourteen million unemployed Americans? We must correct the current trend of diminishing return, as our American dollars continue to exit America to pay for consumer goods and growing debt to communist china. Maybe I watch too much cable News, but I'm under the impression that our President can't afford to make guest appearances on entertainment shows given the urgency of our economic situation. The clock is ticking and there does not seem to be much if any progress to correct unemployment, trade deficit, economy, health care or anything else troubling our nation. Where is the change?

Re: No Laughing Matter

This is why I don't have a t.v. (I got Netflix). While you're stressing about t.v., I was listening to Richard Wagner and playing AoE.

Murder your t.v.

But....the O is doing the talk show circuit, huh? Maybe his fees are being used to pay down the debt?
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Is there any reason he can't appear on the tonight show and work on our countries issues? I mean you manage to do your job and post on a message board.

He's also the head of the executive branch. It's really his responsibility to implement changes not to make them. If you want changes to actualy happen you need to point at congress.

You know those guys only work 150 days out of the year. Why is the president expected to be working 24/7 365 days a year.

Comment

Al Gore sells Toilets.
        sigpic

Comment

There is a major disconnect between this huge green movement and the fundamentals of what is needed to grow and revitalize the economy. Restricting energy production and replacing cheap and reliable energy with ultra expensive technology is not going to give us growth. it may create more jobs but those jobs are just coming from the increase in cost of living we will experience paying 4 times as much for wind energy.

This frustrates me more every day. Its like we are intentionally trying to crash the system.

josh

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
            Al Gore sells Toilets.
            Dick Cheney sells guided hunting trips!

Comment

Your mistake was watching Letterman and thinking you would hear anything but a self-serving sound bite from the President.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Al Gore sells Toilets.
                I'd buy one from him. Always buy from the most knowledgeable source I always say.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                  Dick Cheney sells guided hunting trips!
                  How did Al Gore go from 3 Mil net worth to over 100 Mil in 2 Years ? Follow the $$$$$$$
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
                    Is there any reason he can't appear on the tonight show and work on our countries issues? I mean you manage to do your job and post on a message board.

He's also the head of the executive branch. It's really his responsibility to implement changes not to make them. If you want changes to actualy happen you need to point at congress.

You know those guys only work 150 days out of the year. Why is the president expected to be working 24/7 365 days a year.
                    Yes, there are several resaons why he can't do both. I feel the lack of positive results on any level on any issue demonstrates that both the President and legislature still think there is no rush to fix things. They can't afford to spread themselves thin and expect to turn our country around. I think of things that have faced me in my life, difficult situations that needed my full attention and effort and believe it would have been irresponsible to give anything less than 100%. I'd like to see the President and other government officials spend some down time with their families and then concentrate their efforts to working out solutions. The time for uplifting speeches is gone, time for action is past due. If our economy was good, unemployment low, trade with other countries reasonably balanced, military action low, then I could accept our President going on a tv tour and reaching out to the audience. I'm concerned, I think our bad behavior of personal debt, gov't debt, and all the other things I've mentioned are reaching a point of no return. Whether it's a refusal by communist china to keep our gov't afloat, a market crash or some other major event, we need and deserve the full attention of our elected officials. Am I overreacting to the seriousness of the situation?

Comment

Seriously, I'm past the point of caring what they do. I hope my taxes don't go up and Obama's actions aren't going to cost me anything.

It's like we're back to being serfs when we prayed that the kings and queens would die of syphilis before they do too much damage to the kingdom.

Comment

Oh yeah....I'm trying again to get to 18" biceps naturally, but all those groovy otc chemicals are tempting----any thoughts on that?

Comment

I believe one of the big complaints with the President being on Letterman is he has spent more time on that than he has talking to his General in Afghanistan. I don't care whether he goes on Letterman or not but I do care if he talks to our Generals on the battle field.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
                            Oh yeah....I'm trying again to get to 18" biceps naturally, but all those groovy otc chemicals are tempting----any thoughts on that?
                            This I can help with! What worked for me after years of trying to get bigger arms was fewer exercises and sets, more weight and continuity. Muscles that are expected to lift heavy weights on a regular basis will grow if given good nutrition and some down time. Eat good food, throw in a protein shake or two in between. Do two or three different exercises for biceps and triceps, three sets a piece. Don't play around with light weights, just wasting time and energy. Doing curls with a 70lb barbell won't get you big arms. Man up and do 100lb even if only a couple reps and work your way down to 90, 80, at least you let your biceps know what they were expected to do! Same with triceps, and do one arm at a time if necessary. Do negatives and resist a weight you can't lift on a positive motion. This strengthens the tendons and builds strength. Like the saying goes, "Lift Heavy or Go HOME!!!".

Comment

Tell you wut... what's our country coming to? Next thing you know, we're gonna stop our school children from listening to the prez.
                              Git 'er done!
                              Americun Dream... Got me a fridge, TV and a wife and all three work.

Comment

Working...
                              X