Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First garage door opener!

Hi,

Please provide me with a nice welcome to your forum.
    Last edited by dance; 10-23-2009, 08:54 AM.

Re: First garage door opener!

Are you for real or is this a joke.

Tony

Comment

If you are for real, the opener is not supposed to "lift the door"--that's what the springs are for. Have it properly adjusted.

Comment

Originally posted by pipestone kid View Post
        if you are for real, the opener is not supposed to "lift the door"--that's what the springs are for. Have it properly adjusted.
        +1
        ================================================== ====
        ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Welcome

how did the job go?
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Dance,

Welcome to the forum!

I can only presume that your "First Garage door opener!" statement is a regional greeting of sorts and perhaps we are just misunderstanding it. If that is so, I hope you understand our questionable response.

That aside, Welcome... the forum is a good source for information and a great place to share your interest in tools, woodworking, plumbing, and the other various topics here.

Kindest regards,

CWS

Comment

Hello Dance

Welcome to our forum.

The website 'bablefish' does not have English to Norwegian translation so I don't know how to say welcome in your language.

This is a great site to learn from other members and a great place to ask questions about woodworking, plumbing and electrical issues.

Our Norwegian is probably much worse (or non-existent) than your English so please be patient with us.

Bill

Comment

Original post was edited away. It was somewhat jibberishy.

Welcome to the Dance!
                Steve
                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Original post was edited away. It was somewhat jibberishy.
                  "Jibberishy" my foot. It was not jibberishy. It was a simple request for help in comparing two different garage door openers. Either you guys found my request too technical (which I doubt) or the first few respondents were an unfriendly know-it-all sort. We all have to begin somewhere you know, and I have no doubt Mr "AFM" is no expert in a good numbers of areas. I have taken my question elsewhere.

Comment

Well I hope you guys are happy! We just lost one, darn it. What was his question anyway? Was he comparing chain drive and screw drive openers? How confusing was his post?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Well I hope you guys are happy! We just lost one, darn it. What was his question anyway? Was he comparing chain drive and screw drive openers? How confusing was his post?
                      Seeings as how the OP was the one who got his back up and deleted his own question, I don't think it really matters what his original question was. He obviously must have thought it wasn't that important either or he wouldn't have edited it out.

Actually, I take offense to his statement that "the first few respondents were an unfriendly know-it-all sort". I thought that PK's response was totally absolutely on subject and I agreed with his answer with a +1 response. I certainly won't apologize for my post as I don't think, in this case anyways , that it was neither unfriendly nor know-it-all.
                      ================================================== ====
                      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Well, that was certainly short wasn't it?

I see no problem here on the forum, other than a bit of misunderstanding at best. I merely thought that Dance's initial post was somewhat vague and strange even perhaps some sort of "greeting".

What else can one think, even at a stretch, with "First Garage Door Opener" and "Please provide me with a nice welcome to your forum."

If there was a "question" or request for advice in there, it sure went over my head!

Alas, I guess poor Dance was short on patience and understanding... so farewell,

CWS

Comment

I read what he posted ...(before editing).and it wasn't clear at all what he wanted.+1 for the guys who tried to answer a very poorly asked question.

Comment

Originally posted by dance View Post
                            "Jibberishy" my foot. It was not jibberishy. It was a simple request for help in comparing two different garage door openers. Either you guys found my request too technical (which I doubt) or the first few respondents were an unfriendly know-it-all sort. We all have to begin somewhere you know, and I have no doubt Mr "AFM" is no expert in a good numbers of areas. I have taken my question elsewhere.
                            Actually, I read your original post entirely through, twice, and could not make heads nor tails of what you were asking or commenting on. Hence my "jibberishy" comment. Like the first response, it was unclear if this was a random spam post or a serious question. Maybe it was the local brands and links or terminology that threw us off. Nor was there any sort of greeting, or HI, I'm new here" sort of introduction in the original post.
                            Last edited by smorris; 10-26-2009, 05:38 PM.
                            Steve
                            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

If we lost him don't fret over it to much. I am sure he is a really nice person. Just ask his mommy. She will tell you so.

Comment

Working...
                              X