• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: snow thrower

THIS is how I throw snow!

Wimps!

Comment

Of all of the really cool tools, I bet Plumber RIck doesn't have one of these!

Name:  0bb169c10bb95e2e2dd33dec9b21f641.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  160.0 KB

Name:  2f4a74ce447f02bde790983fa11a07c7.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  40.6 KB

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhL7GhHmADs

Mick
      Last edited by Fireguy97; 10-31-2009, 12:07 PM.

Comment

all i need to worry about is my haloween candy melting with the 86 degree weather today.

i need to k-60 up a shake

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

87 and partly cloudy

steve
          In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

34 degrees and snowing.

Comment

went shopping today. i found one at sears 357cc pro series. i'm ordering one monday.
              i'm way too old to shovel anymore!
              the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                went shopping today. i found one at sears 357cc pro series. i'm ordering one monday.
                i'm way too old to shovel anymore!
                My grandfather still uses a shovel, and he lives up in Buffalo, NY.

Of course he was happy with the rotory telephone, his studabaker, and an old analog TV.

My grandmother on the other hand, loves her cellphone, the laptop, the internet, twitter and Skype.

Comment

Jerad,

My father in law has a Sears Craftsman two stage snow blower and it has been a nightmare. It was great at throwing snow when it ran and didn't leak oil.

If you want a nice snowblower buy a two stage Honda.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/p...SB&category=ts

My uncle has the Honda track model. It does a great job at moving the snow and does not get stuck. Maneuvering would be it's weak point but it just does not get stuck. A self propelled two wheel might be better for you, it depends on your driveway.

The single stage Honda is o.k. as far as single stage goes. The engine of course is great and starts easy like any Honda.

I own a Simplicity, and it has been fine, although their customer service is terrible.

Hope this helps.
                  Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

The topic of snow throwers is depressing. I'd rather talk about lawnmowers...

Winter Sucks!!!

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
                      The topic of snow throwers is depressing. I'd rather talk about lawnmowers...

Winter Sucks!!!
                      I'm with ya! Wrestling the snowblower, storm after storm, using a shovel and ice scraper, no fun. There there's the repeated melting of the piled snow during the day and refreezing over night. Baby steps so I don't fall and break a bone. Come on Spring!!!

Comment

snicker snicker tee hee

i go and hide now

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

How about a snow blower attachment on a Bobcat?

Advantage of a blower vice a plow is if you don't have any place to push the snow to the side a blower can send it out over a hedge or other obstruction. Say you had that same 300' drive with a wall or fence on each side, maybe a little closer than it should be such that you had no place to push snow to. Then a snow blower would be an advantage.
                          "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
                          John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

they want an arm and a leg for a honda one. last year i could have used it 12 times.
                            in some of the years past, only 6 times or less. shoveling taes anywhere from 4-6 hours depending how much blowing we get.
                            the one i'm looking at is a 2 stage, self propelled, 13 hp 357cc briggs, heated hand grips, headlight, loaded.,

they have the exact samething engine etc, just in a red color at the toro dealer for $1,000 more.
                            warranty coverage the same.
                            the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Well, we all know that Sears doesn't manufacture anything. Find out who makes it and then judge. Some of their products are top line stuff just with their colors and name.

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
                                what is the best longest lasting snow blower?
                                i'm in the market for a good one not a 2 stage that only lasts 1 seasion.
                                requirements
                                our driveway is about 300 feet long and can drift 2 feet in the night.
                                do you have any sort of tractor? I would get one that attaches to a tractor.

Comment

Working...
                                X