X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low Turnout for Halloween

I got off work around 7:00 and I saw maybe two trick or treaters.

A buddy of mine said he had almost 400 kids last year (counted candy) and there was less than 100 this year.

Unreal.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Low Turnout for Halloween

Could any of it be attributed to parents trucking the kids to more lucrative locations to spare dissapointment.

I can't see any child sitting at home tonight.
    If so my heart sags.

Comment

They started here around 6:30 and have not stopped.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I haven't had a trick or treater at my door in 30+ years. No street lights, houses too far apart, and all the hills. What we do up here is close off the main roads in town and the kids go from store to store to get their candy. They set up a small carnival on the closed roads with alot of booths, lots of fun and very safe.
        The Other Rick

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          They started here around 6:30 and have not stopped.

Mark
          See what I mean
          Obviously one of the more lucrative areas.

Just can't help rubbin' it in huh Mark

Comment

I think it has more to do with how many kids are in the neighborhood. Traditionally my street is not a favorite because of the hills, yet it seems every year we have kids. Our community is a young community with lots of kids.

Mark

Comment

On my street, haven't had a trick or treater in years. I'm speaking of my friends in these subdivisions where the houses are less than 30' apart from each other.

I had an inkling this was coming because far less people put out decorations this year for halloween. I'm sure the economy has hit some towns harder than others, but I hate to see kids for the first time be affected by something they can't control.

It's the first time I've ever heard of this festive night be controlled by economy.

I wasn't around in WW2 so I can't say how tough it was back then.

Comment

We still have trick or treaters and will likely run out of candy by 9:00. I've been giving out two candy bars and Brenda has been giving out three. I told her to cut down the ration or start looking for cans of soup.

Mark

Comment

Sounds like good times where you're at.

Here in my area, they trample the idea of halloween by having it the week before, days before, the day after, from 6 to 8 pm most times. \

http://www.wlwt.com/halloween/21451988/detail.html

Some churches now have these events where they line up all the cars in a circle and lift the trunks of their vehicles, let kids walk around from car to car getting their candy. No skeleton costumes or anything gory at those events.

When I was a trick or treater?

From dark to midnight. Would have to stop and drop off huge bags of candy at the house and go back out to get more, and there wasn't subdivisions with houses close together, nothing as nice as it is now.

I don't know what I'd do with a can of soup...unless of course if it was mushroom or tomato, I'd be lovin it.
                  Last edited by DUNBAR PLUMBING; 11-01-2009, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
                    Sounds like good times where you're at.

Here in my area, they trample the idea of halloween by having it the week before, days before, the day after, from 6 to 8 pm most times.

Some churches now have these events where they line up all the cars in a circle and lift the trunks of their vehicles, let kids walk around from car to car getting their candy. No skeleton costumes or anything gory at those events.

When I was a trick or treater?

From dark to midnight. Would have to stop and drop off huge bags of candy at the house and go back out to get more, and there wasn't subdivisions with houses close together, nothing as nice as it is now.

I don't know what I'd do with a can of soup...unless of course if it was mushroom or tomato, I'd be lovin it.
                    Thats the way we did it when I was a kid, times have definately changed. The bigger the score, the better the night.We live in a different world now, sad but true. Its not safe out there these days. I like what my town does, its worked great for years, we have people coming up from the city to enjoy our Halloween. Its a safe alternative.
                    The Other Rick

Comment

We ran out of candy by 8:15 and turned off the porch light. Still had kids ringing the doorbell at 9:30 Of course I still still have a secret stash of Reeses Peanut Butter Cups and Twix bars

As a small boy, I would not have Trick or Teated if my parents had to tag along

Comment

I bought four bags of candy and didn't get any trick or treaters.
                        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

Usual count in my neighborhood is 50. I had 6 last night.
                          In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I thought this was pretty cool, never seen this before.

Comment

bet you they didn't have a 4 headed plunger.

bill, i bet you could use one in d.c.

rick.

Attached Files
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X