• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's been vaccinated?

I have not and I'm not going to. I have a bad cold right now

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
      Well I just got over it. Thanks to some one in Cali I got sick right after the PHCC trade show and spent the night in my hotel with a 104 temp and ice packs behind my neck. I thought I had a bad cold or something and flew home. I went to the doc on Monday and they said that people with the cold don't get fevers usually. They tested me and it was positive for flu type a and labeled it as H1N1, I went home and started feeling better the next Friday morning by the afternoon I had a hard time breathing and by 9pm Friday I was gasping for air. I went to the emergency room and they transported me to a larger hospital by ambulance at 3am where I spent five days in the ICU on oxygen and all sorts of machines they said my flu had turned into pneumonia. They finally let me out of the hospital last Friday afternoon October 30th after over a week in the hospital. It's good to be back to work after two weeks out sick. I am still trying to get over the pneumonia but it's much better and I can breathe on my own. The scariest thing was I was afraid my wife who is 7 weeks pregnant would get it but so far so good.

Hey Dan glad you're on the mend. You didn't get it from me and you didn't pass it on to me!

No vaccine for me or the family, wouldn't consider getting one and even more so with my lack of confidence in those pushing it.

wookie

Comment

Well Dan, you didn't get it from me either, I missed the PHCC show because I was in bed with pneumonia, I was down for more than a week. Glad to hear your better, don't over do it so soon, you don't want a relapse. I'll see you at the next show...
        The Other Rick

Comment

Dan, I'm glad to hear you are better and even more glad your wife didn't get it. I can't imagine a week in icu. yikes! I guess PHCC stands for Pneumonia Here Come Catch.
          I'm not getting the H1N1 shot but I am getting the pneumonia vaccination. I think it is good for 5 years.
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by rick1643 View Post
            Well Dan, you didn't get it from me either, I missed the PHCC show because I was in bed with pneumonia, I was down for more than a week. Glad to hear your better, don't over do it so soon, you don't want a relapse. I'll see you at the next show...

I guess I can say I feel your pain. Pneumonia is horrible and I can see why doctors take it so seriously.

I was dead set on not getting the flu shot either but I would not wish that kind of sick on the worst person in the world. It was miserable and I really, really, really hope and pray that every one stays well and none of you get it.

Comment

I got the regular shot already, and I will be beating down the door to the clinic to get the swine when I can, but at 65 they consider me way down the priority list.

If you do see some black helicopters overhead, you better get the shot quick because they are probably spraying virus on the illegal aliens!

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                They tested me and it was positive for flu type a and labeled it as H1N1,
                This is how rumors get started. H1N1 is only one of several types of influenza a. You had the flu, not necessarily the "swine flu".
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                  This is how rumors get started. H1N1 is only one of several types of influenza a. You had the flu, not necessarily the "swine flu".

The doctor is the one that told me it was H1N1. They said they had to send some test back east overnight to confirm it. I don't care what I had just that it really was not fun and they need to make the hospital gowns larger for big guys. Sleep well with that image

Comment

We just had my youngest son vaccinated for H1N1 today, he is 3.8 years old.

My other son ( 5 year old ) is going next week,
                    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

My wife and I received the seasonal flu shots about three weeks ago. At 65, my Doc says we shouldn't need it and even if we were really insistant, he couldn't give it to us because of the priority lists.

H1N1 vaccine is way over due for delivery in most places and only in the past week is it starting to show up in some school districts here in New York State. With two adolescent grandsons and a son and daughter-in-law in their late 30's, I'd much rather see them vaccinated at first opportunity.

From all the reports I've read, this is a very scary flu virus. I pray that everyone stays healthy and well. We stay out of the public germ warehouses (Walmart the Germ Mart) as much as possible and wash our hands immediately upon exit. Many of the stores in our area are now providing anti-germ towelettes to wipe down the cart handles.

Stay healthy,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                      X