Congradulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Congradulations !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have a different approach to life, work and death. I worked hard at my job for thirty years, my body took a lot of injuries over that time and when a retirement package was offered I took it! I figured it was time to turn the page and see what else life has to offer, and make room for a young guy who wants to raise a family working a good job with good benefits. During my years as a telephone lineman we went on strike several times to force our rich employer to share some of the huge profits we helped generate. A few more days vacation with our families, a few more sick days, a better wage to provide for our loved ones. Not everyone works for a small business that can't afford to provide for it's employees. Retirement is boring, even before this economic nightmare the picking were slim for jobs I could do and the pay was a joke. I've done my work on the job and when it's time to die, I hope it's in the arms of a woman who loves me and appreciates all I've sacrificed to be a good husband and father. I respect those who feel the need to keep working and I hope they get their dreams as well. Regarding the Mexicans, I agree most are vey hard working, but if they are here illegally, they are breaking our laws and our laws should stand for something.

Comment

I agree on that Frank. I only wish some of our lay about Youth,had their work ethic !
      I do such a wide variety of work Welding,Carpentry, Elec,plumbing,metal Art,It's great fun!
      My Son is building beautiful cabinets in our shop for the next 3 weeks. He also installed a new 200 amp panel and re wired a 1936 circa home we are remodeling. Last week I welded
      Allum for several days , did plumbing and Elec. All permitted ,and signed off work.
      If I went with a utility Co. Years ago ,Ialso would have pulled the plug early !
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
        I agree on that Frank. I only wish some of our lay about Youth,had their work ethic !
        I do such a wide variety of work Welding,Carpentry, Elec,plumbing,metal Art,It's great fun!
        My Son is building beautiful cabinets in our shop for the next 3 weeks. He also installed a new 200 amp panel and re wired a 1936 circa home we are remodeling. Last week I welded
        Allum for several days , did plumbing and Elec. All permitted ,and signed off work.
        If I went with a utility Co. Years ago ,Ialso would have pulled the plug early !
        The more I see of some of our "Youth" the more I'm inclined to agree with you. There are still hardworking, driven young Americans, but I don't think they are in the majority. I admit I'm envious of your situation, to be using your skills in a way that reward you with a sense of accomplishment and to be close to family at the same time can't be beat. I miss the guys on the job and I deeply miss the feeling from a job well done. Painting my house, working around the yard and occassionally helping a neighbor just don't do it for me. Stay healthy, keep working and enjoy life on your terms!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          The more I see of some of our "Youth" the more I'm inclined to agree with you. There are still hardworking, driven young Americans, but I don't think they are in the majority. I admit I'm envious of your situation, to be using your skills in a way that reward you with a sense of accomplishment and to be close to family at the same time can't be beat. I miss the guys on the job and I deeply miss the feeling from a job well done. Painting my house, working around the yard and occassionally helping a neighbor just don't do it for me. Stay healthy, keep working and enjoy life on your terms!
          I'll send a ticket , Brian needs another cabinet maker ,He's an awesome teacher
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
            I'll send a ticket , Brian needs another cabinet maker ,He's an awesome teacher
            You put a smile on my face! Brian needs a strong young, hardworking student and I'd vote for one of those Mexicans before this old union dog. Bet it would be a great opportunity for someone willing to learn and work.

Comment

Working...
            X