Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• folding ladder

what is your favorite?

little giant types, ie cosco, werner, any others. oh and lengths to reach the roof tops. room in the van is shrinking. i was going to install a roof rack. but i don't want to loose 1-2 mpg off the the 15 high way i'm getting know. just to use the ladder a few times a week. when i do 300 miles a day that can eat up $.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: folding ladder

Little Giant, but not any of the knock-offs.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

come on Mark, i know your shoulder likes the non-LittleGiants.
      the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

I have the homeowner's version of the little giant ladder.
        This means fat people over 250lbs are not allowed to use it or on my roof!

I think the pro version has orange plastic covers while mine has yellow.
        The warranty on the homeowner version is not as husky as the pro version.

I did add those cute wheels the latest versions offer. I have mixed feelings about them. They are OK but with the ladder in its shortest position I just find grab and carry just as easy.

I have the 21 foot design and have never had any challenges with it.
        I also feel very comfortable climbing the thing.

I gave my son a Werner knock off version as his usage is minimal and it was half the cost.
        Side by side I personally prefer the little giant!

I vote you get the little giant brand

Cactus Man

Comment

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
          come on Mark, i know your shoulder likes the non-LittleGiants.
          My total-shoulder replacement was the least of the damage from my ladder accident. I also had several surgeries on my leg until they finally had to do a total-knee and reconstructive surgery of my leg. I spent 30-years doing acrobatic calisthenics (JK) on my Little Giants without a concern. One time on a new Home Depot ladder my son-in-law bought changed my life. Spending 6-months in a hospital bed and wheel chair gives you a lot of time to think. What's your quality of life worth?

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I love my Little Giant ladders. I keep one in the truck that folded is about 4 feet tall, and unfolds to I think 13 feet. I also bought the next size up to use for my house. Spend the extra money for the real product. They are better made, safer, and last time I checked, still made in the USA.

Comment

I have the 17 foot Type 1a Classic. It sure came in handy with the ability to have different leg lengths when painting the high ceilings in the stairwell. Heavy bugger,though.
              Steve
              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

I use a gorilla which was chinese made but otherwise matches the little giant which is U.S. made but 3 times as much. I keep mine on the ladder rack and used it for the last 3 years and I've never had any problems with it.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

my 16 foot little giant from 1979 is a classic and my newest 22' one has all the new features like wheels and platforms, leg levelers, stabilizers.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

I have the Werner 21', 300 lb rating. Price was right and it works well and is solid as a 10' step ladder, and split in two for holding walking boards, etc.(altho the 2nd half is not as sturdy with the narrower base).

That said, when used as an extension ladder, it flexes badly at the center pivot joint, which is not a good thing. As I use it mainly in the other two modes, it works for me, especially the price. However, if I was going to be doing a lot of roof/extension ladder work, I would either go for a no-joke extension ladder, or possibly the little giant. As the store options here are limited, I have not been able to really look at a Little Giant to see the differences, so cannot comment on it.

Go
                    Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

I like the 'tele-steps' telescoping ones. Take up no space at all.

http://www.telesteps.net/

got to be a little careful to not dent them, and lube them after use.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                      X