X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terroristic Attack at Ft. Hood Texas

Why can't I find a thread discussing the first Terroristic Attack on American soil since 9/11/01?

We're celebrating Veteran's Day this week, but no one is discussing our good Countrymen and Women that were mowed down in a hail of gunfire by a muslim screaming "Allah Ahkbah!" the entire time he pumped 200 rounds of artillery into the flesh of our defenders?

Why is it taking me as an American to bring focus to this....because I know it happened.

The media isn't saying a word.

Obama is being eerie quiet as well...

Something doesn't seem right at all about this because I know that if this happened 12 months prior, I know who would be taking blame for this.

Veterans Day just isn't for those who died years ago in other wars...this is for those who die every single day.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Terroristic Attack at Ft. Hood Texas

I would assume because it's an internal armed forces matter. I could be wrong though, but that's the only thing I could assume. Happened on an armed forces base as well, so I would think that cuts down on press access as well.

The perpetrator was an American citizen and member of the armed forces, so I think the "terrorist attack on American soil" angle doesn't wash either.

The victims should certainly be remembered on November 11th, as they died in service to their county. Unfortunately it was on their home base when it happened.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Steve,

I'm not sure where you get your news but I have heard multiple stories about it every day in both local and National news. Most of the forums I belong to have threads regarding it so I guess there was no reason to start another one here. When I first heard about the shooting I told Brenda it will be an officer who is Muslim. Soon after my son called and said don't believe any of the reports coming out and he surmised it would be a one man terror attack. As news is released it looks like we were both right. I hope the shooter makes a full and complete recovery, then imprisoned in general population of a federal prison until he is 100-years old. At that time I truly hope he is granted his 72-Virginians.

Mark
      Attached Files
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Steve it troubles me deeply. I heard today he may have attended the mosk of some of the 911 idiots in Virginia. I hope he was a loon acting alone and not a part of an organized group however loosely that may be.

Comment

The more information that's released, the more clear it becomes that his superiors dropped the ball. There were clear red flags that this "terrorist", did not care for the patients he was supposed to treat, did not support the military mission of which he was a part, or the country of which he was a citizen! His true mission was something entirely different, and wheter it was political correctness or gross negligence, he was able to carry out his mission and live. He is still referred to as "the alleged gunman", how crazy it that? Why are we confusing religious freedom with employing a terrorist with access to our soldiers? I guess all my ranting about securing the borders seems stupid now that we have home grown terrorists being given free reign to kill. Why is he allowed to lawyer up? Why is he not transferred to Gitmo and agressively interrogated? Who can guarantee he is Not part of a bigger scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            The more information that's released, the more clear it becomes that his superiors dropped the ball. There were clear red flags that this "terrorist", did not care for the patients he was supposed to treat, did not support the military mission of which he was a part, or the country of which he was a citizen! His true mission was something entirely different, and wheter it was political correctness or gross negligence, he was able to carry out his mission and live. He is still referred to as "the alleged gunman", how crazy it that? Why are we confusing religious freedom with employing a terrorist with access to our soldiers? I guess all my ranting about securing the borders seems stupid now that we have home grown terrorists being given free reign to kill. Why is he allowed to lawyer up? Why is he not transferred to Gitmo and agressively interrogated? Who can guarantee he is Not part of a bigger scheme?
            Because Gitmo has to be closed in the next 75-days or less.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              Because Gitmo has to be closed in the next 75-days or less.

Mark
              Mark, your response to my post is undoubtedly correct, but the point I was trying to make was that his actions were on the level of a terrorist or enemy combatant, not an American citizen. In my opinion his rights under the Constitution should be forefitted and he should be interrogated as a matter of national defense. I would think the dept of Homeland Security should be handling this matter, not our courts and legal system. Given all the dynamics of this case, his postings, associations, statements,actions, and victims, the conclusion I get is terrorism.

Comment

Mark, your response to my post is undoubtedly correct, but the point I was trying to make was that his actions were on the level of a terrorist or enemy combatant, not an American citizen. In my opinion his rights under the Constitution should be forefitted and he should be interrogated as a matter of national defense. I would think the dept of Homeland Security should be handling this matter, not our courts and legal system. Given all the dynamics of this case, his postings, associations, statements,actions, and victims, the conclusion I get is terrorism.
                As much as I dislike him and what he did, I don't believe his or any other American citizens rights should be forfeited without due process. Where would you draw the line? Besides, "the conclusions I get is terrorism" makes me wonder how you got access to all the info regarding this case, or did you just get it from our "infallible media"?

Comment

He will be tried in a military court which is where he should be.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                    As much as I dislike him and what he did, I don't believe his or any other American citizens rights should be forfeited without due process. Where would you draw the line? Besides, "the conclusions I get is terrorism" makes me wonder how you got access to all the info regarding this case, or did you just get it from our "infallible media"?
                    Fair enough critism regarding my take on things considering the source. It seemed as though new information was coming out about this person from several different sources. There were reports of his job performance, activity on the Internet and comments made by witnesses during the attack that I took as fact. Now all of these reports could be false, I'll give you that, but it seemed to be a lot of things pointing in one direction. I understand your concern about the loss of rights and freedom resulting from these attacks and homeland security's power. Where do we draw the line? I'm thinking we draw the line when the motive and action points clearly to an act of terrorism. That's when even an American citizen forfeits his or her rights because their allegience is not for preserving our way of life but rather to destroy it by their murderous actions. I think the D.C. sniper got a whole lot more justice than any of his victims. He converts to islam, changes his name and seals the deal by striking terror into the minds of Americans by killing random, innocent Americans. Maybe I don't have the right to assume what I've heard is correct, but an impartical authority should collect the facts and then decide if "due process" is warranted. I know it's a slippery slope to start deciding who is deserving of justice under our laws, but I think we are at war and must defend ourselves instead of extending due process, courtesy and rights to those clearly undeserving. These religious extremists don't respect our country or laws, they are not swayed by our justice system or punishments. Why not tear that scum out of his hosptial bed, drag him into the parking lot and cut off his head for the enemy who are praising him to see? There are thirteen dead Americans who deserve more than a court trial!
                    Last edited by Frankiarmz; 11-10-2009, 04:18 PM.

Comment

"Why not tear that scum out of his hosptial bed, drag him into the parking lot and cut off his head for the enemy who are praising him to see? " Do you really want us to sink to that level? That's equal to or below the level of the "scum" you are talking about.

Comment

"Why not tear that scum out of his hosptial bed, drag him into the parking lot and cut off his head for the enemy who are praising him to see? " Do you really want us to sink to that level? That's equal to or below the level of the "scum" you are talking about.
                        This is one of those situations where my emotions are getting the better of my sound thinking. Those thoughts and others are running through my head, but you're right we can't sacrifice our principles for the raw satisfaction such primal behavior would offer. I'm reading and hearing horrific stories in the News and on the homefront we are waiting for some serious test results on my wife's health. Excuse my stupid remarks, bad day.

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wife--hope all is well. We all have bad days and we all have that desire for "raw satisfaction" now and then. (Hopefully we will not all have it at the same time :-)) Keep us informed on your wife's status. Our prayers are with you both!
                          Jim

Comment

Sorry to hear about your wife--hope all is well. We all have bad days and we all have that desire for "raw satisfaction" now and then. (Hopefully we will not all have it at the same time :-)) Keep us informed on your wife's status. Our prayers are with you both!
                            Jim
                            Thanks for the kind words and prayers.

Comment

I believe Steve is right This Major does look like a terrorist.

Comment

Working...
                              X