X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 , Let's Talk

There's no way around it, we are going to be hounded with the subject for the next couple years, so let's get it out in the open. The sci-fi movie about to hit the theatres "2012" should do a good job of stirring things up, and there will be countless programs, tv specials, Internet and print articles to convince us the world will end on that date. I believe the day will come and go, and the world will survive. Some of us have a lot of faith in the predictions of the ancients, I trust that God has other plans. Remember, Nostradamus is dead and the Mayans all disappeared, they may have had some remarkable talents for their day but their day is long gone!

Re: 2012 , Let's Talk

Some very speculative deductions have been done by the "believers" in this matter. Though the Mayan calendar does indeed end, December 21, 2012 the Mayan's never proffered a reason why. Perhaps just because that's as far as they decided to go. At any rate the doomsday believers have always and will always be out there. I, myself prefer to concentrate my efforts on the hunt for big foot and area 51 aliens
    sigpic

Comment

I think we should plan one big bash for Dec. 20, just in case! Then we can celebrate it every year after

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
        I think we should plan one big bash for Dec. 20, just in case! Then we can celebrate it every year after
        Fine with me, as long as we don't have to exchange cards and gifts.

Comment

Just beer and laughs

Comment

The Aztec calander stops in 2027, so there was a differenig view, even back then. Maybe the guy who was in charge of carving the "pages" in stone got tired and figured 5,000 years in the future was far enough, we will never know for sure. The Mayans did base most everything they did on the stars and there is some type of special alignment of stars on 12/21/2012, but who knows if it will make us all dissappear.

Comment

I think we should plan one big bash for Dec. 20, just in case!
              I think a lot of this will be happening.

Just like Y2K, we'll see what happens on the other side of the world since they hit that date first. I don't think anything will happen unless terrorist do something.

Red
              Red

Comment

All that 12/21/12 nonsense talk is nothing more than what is left after a bull digests its food.
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  I, myself prefer to concentrate my efforts on the hunt for big foot and area 51 aliens
                  i prefer my time used for the quest for hot tourist babes with nice hooters

steve
                  In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by stxrus View Post
                    i prefer my time used for the quest for hot tourist babes with nice hooters

steve
                    Do you need any help?

Comment

A lot of folks worried about 2012 died yesterday instead. That's life

Why be any part of this foolishness ? This thread serves that crowd well !
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Do you need any help?
                        no. now that it's getting colder up north they are comming south for the tropical warmth. BTW, they are very easy to spot, especially on the beaches.

steve
                        In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

I just noticed something, with our current calander, the world ends every year at December 31st.

Comment

I don't know about you all, but I will be cowering in my bathtub, shotgun in hand, with all my windows and doors sealed off with duct-tape. While I'm cowering, I will be simmering my military surplus rations overtop of a 23-hour emergency candle (yes, only 23 hours - the world's going to end then - DUH - so I won't need a full 24- or 48- hour one). I will have my geiger counter sitting on the bathroom floor, so I know how many REM's I'm taking in, and when I need to pop my potassium-K-iodine tablets. When the proverbial dung hits the stucco ceiling, then I'll be injecting myself with a giant 6 inch needle with atropine, to counteract the effects of the VX gas seeping into my house from an unknown area that I missed with the ducttape. I'll be donning my gas mask, while I fight off the invading hordes of zombies, and trying to avoid the laser rays being fired at me by the Martians. I'll fight the good fight and will carry on, and put on a brave face for humanity, but hey, since it was prophesized thousands of years ago, then we all know it's gonna come true. I'll miss you all.

In the meanwhile, Erin and Mini-Me will be in the backyard, blowing bubbles and chasing grasshoppers.

Hey, we can't all be optimists!

Comment

I'm kinda hopin' I'll be curled up with some cutie.

'Cause if a guy's gonna be a flesh eating zombie, he might as well have something nice to eat..........
                              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Working...
                              X