Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Last Tool Purchase?

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
    Oh yeah, LED technology has come a long way, but still has a ways to go. Maglight has had a LED replacement kit for their line of flashlights for years, and they use next to nothing for energy. Hell, BMW installs LED headlight into their vehicles.

However, I would like to see LED expand into the commercial lighting industry. I would not be suprised to see the day when we finally get LED strip lighting in supermarkets, warehouses, etc. Afterall, LED use a tenth of electricity than that of flouresent lighting. No more stupid ballast retrofits where I have to move at breakneck speeds to change out five hundred fixtures inside four days.
    Check out this link and play the video, this is how far Maglite is taking things!
    http://www.invodo.com/Maglite-XL100-...ght/p/94HB9DNG

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
      Still, for the sake of this thread, here is my letter to Santa this year:

http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...etection+Tools

I know, I know..The "M" word, but God damn that toy looks so much fun.
      That would be useful when the drywallers bury one of your boxes.....

Here's my most recent purchase to replace the one I lost:
      http://us.fluke.com/usen/Products/Fluke+1AC+II.htm

Comment

the last tool I purchased was a Lion Trimmer,

now mine is not that pretty as I bought one off of Ebay for about $40, but I got cleaned it up and it works like a charm, I have looked at them on and off for the 35+ years, and figured that maybe it was time to look into one, (I have not way of dating it but looks like it may be a easy 50 to 70 years old).

after talking about then on the thread looking at a radial arm saw, I looked at Ebay and found one for what looked good and bid on it and got it,

only have had it for a few days so I do not really have a report on it, yet, but it sure makes a smooth cut,
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

I bought the Milwaukee tubing cutter-love it, at the same time picked up a Super Reamer www.pace-asp.com Yeah it works ok for reaming but it works GREAT for rounding out copper fittings. Seems like the fittings I'm getting lately are cr*p.

wookie

Comment

Well in the last few weeks I bought a few tools. I bought the Milwaukee 12V tubing cutter which with the rebate I mailed in I am getting a free hackzaw. I bought the Ridgid MicroExplorer, and waiting for my supplier to get the new interconnect cable that hooks up to it and to the RCA out of my SeeSnake. Also bought the Milwaukee 12V Drill that came with the radio, the HD by me had a 15% off sale on it if you dropped of an old drill. I gave them a 10 year old skill that used to be attached to a Marco pistol rod, that spit in half. And I also bought the Ridgid corded small reciprocating saw.

Ridgid R3030 One-Handed Fuego Reciprocating Saw

Ridgid MicroExplorer

Milwaukee 12V drill / radio Combo Kit

Milwaukee 12V Tubing cutter
            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

It's that three jawed puller (OTC brand)
              Attached Files

Comment

This is my most recent purchase.

Mark
                Attached Files
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                  Milwaukee 12v Hackzall
                  http://www.milwaukeetool.com/Product...ordless+System

Use it at least 5 times a day

again... sorry Ridgid
                  I bet the more you use it, the more you will think "Now, Why didn't I get this when they first came out?". My bet is it won't belong until lots of your friends want one.

Comment

Mine was the MicroExplorer made by some company that started with an R......
                    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I will have to watch eBay for another one. For $40 they can't be beat. I used one once and like you have wanted one for many years. There are cheaper knock-off models but I think I would like the original.

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                      the last tool I purchased was a Lion Trimmer,

now mine is not that pretty as I bought one off of Ebay for about $40, but I got cleaned it up and it works like a charm, I have looked at them on and off for the 35+ years, and figured that maybe it was time to look into one, (I have not way of dating it but looks like it may be a easy 50 to 70 years old).

after talking about then on the thread looking at a radial arm saw, I looked at Ebay and found one for what looked good and bid on it and got it,

only have had it for a few days so I do not really have a report on it, yet, but it sure makes a smooth cut,
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        This is my most recent purchase.

Mark

I have the DeWalt version of that..I wonder how I got along with out it.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Check out this link and play the video, this is how far Maglite is taking things!
                          http://www.invodo.com/Maglite-XL100-...ght/p/94HB9DNG
                          Where can I get one Frankie? Like the one in the video. NOT a Maglite XL100 LED that Google brings up.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Where can I get one Frankie? Like the one in the video. NOT a Maglite XL100 LED that Google brings up.

J.C.
                            According to the talk on the Thread over at "candlepowerforums.com" LED forum, the release date in today or tomorrow. Exactly where they will be sold is anyone's guess. I think Home Depot as well as most big box stores will carry them. I believe the price is around $40.00. IF you get one and like the performance, consider buying a 18500 lion battery and charger. This single battery should take the place of the three AAA's and give longer run times.

Comment

Looks like Milwaukee is kickin some butt. I also love my M12 tools.

At first people laugh. Then they use it. Finally, they ask where you bought yours.

Ridgid, make American made battery operated tools and batteries and you will shine.
                              Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

This is the tool I last purchased. It's not here yet but somewhere UPS has it and it is on the way. Can you tell me what this is? Name for it? What is it used for?

Please see picture.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X