Clear All

Re: Sarah Palin Book Tour

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
    Fox News? Hmmmmm.
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
      Just got a call from a FOX news producer. Wanted me to do an interview Monday morning.
      I wondered which one of you guys was Joe the Plumber!!

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
        Sarah Palin wrote a book?
        Is it a coloring book?
        I didn't realize Palin could even read!
        I thought You left the USA ? Hasn't worked out I guess
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by FINER9998 View Post
          given a choice between listening to sarah palin and listening to paint dry, the paint wins every time! i am amazed that her 15 mins. of fame have lasted this long. while i have never identified with the democratic party or its objectives, i can't see any right thinking voter with an ounce of intellectual integrity pulling a lever for her. do i think she's incredibly underpowered intellectually for any significant public office? am i convinced that a signiicant original thought would die of loneliness in her head? you betcha!
          She wasn't a community organizer , She didn't vote PRESENT 256 times .
          She was a governor , and handled big oil , just fine! FACE IT SHE SCARES THE DEMOS TO DEATH !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Set your DVR's to record the Fox and friends morning show on Monday!
            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
              Set your DVR's to record the Fox and friends morning show on Monday!
              Non of my business really but curious what Fox is paying you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcOUVs1qHU8
              Last edited by plumberscrack; 11-22-2009, 09:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                She wasn't a community organizer , She didn't vote PRESENT 256 times .
                She was a governor , and handled big oil , just fine! FACE IT SHE SCARES THE DEMOS TO DEATH !
                She was a governor for PART of a term - she's quit, and left "her people" of Alaska hanging. She ran out of that office faster than you could say "abuse of power", to try to run and hide from corruption propes and ethics violations. She ran out on her constituents, rather than stand up to the test of holding her feet to the fire - all so that she could go out and make a couple million by shilling her "memoirs". Yeah, she "handled big oil just fine" because she LOVES big oil - she's promoted and worked for oil and natural gas development on and off over the past few years.

For someone that could essentially be President, she has little to no "executive branch" experience - I'm sorry, but being a small-town (only about 6000 residents) city counsellor and then mayor doesn't really cut it. That experience, I feel, has only given her the impression that she could do the big job, but not necessarily the skills. I mean, come on - to fire a small town's librarian and police chief, just because they had supported their previous mayor and boss (and her rival that she beat out)?! "You didn't like me, so bye-bye!" She's smelled POWER, and she's become enamoured with it.

Hey, granted, Obama doesn't have a huge wealth of skills either. He's more of a motivational speaker. But time will have to tell on him.

But trumpeting Palin as the next Great-White-Hope for the Republican party is laughable. The people of Alaska are a very smart, community-oriented and knowledgeable citizens. They care immensely and know a lot about the goings-on within their State. The fact that Palin's approval ratings have slid by almost 40 points (from a high of 93% in summer of 2007, to a low of 54% in the summer of 2009 just before she resigned) tells us a lot. She's resigned to also be able to say (if she does run for President in 2012) that she was never "beat" in an election, that she was not voted out as governor. Well, if she truely had political courage and tenacity, she would have fulfilled her duty and let her constituents decide.

She's another self-righteous, arrogant, self-serving opportunist, just like the majority of them.

Comment

Why are You obsessed with our politics, You can't vote! Oh,I get it boring place to live? STICK WITH HOCKEY !

Comment

Why are You obsessed with our politics, You can't vote! Oh,I get it boring place to live? STICK WITH HOCKEY !
                    STICK with hockey.......that's funny tool. Hee hee. I get it - you play hockey with a stick......heh. heh.

Oh......wait.......you weren't trying to be funny........?

Oh.

Comment

[QUOTE=tinmack;263608]STICK with hockey.......that's funny tool. Hee hee. I get it - you play hockey with a stick......heh. heh.

Oh......wait.......you weren't trying to be funny........?

Oh.[/QUOTE Funny thing is My Son [ 38 ] plays hockey in a league here in Ca.
                      Had Him on the Ice [ Mass.] when He was 5 Years.

Comment

That's not funny, that's just being a good Dad.

When I think about all the early morning practices my Dad endured years ago with my brother and I; I get a little teary thinking about how I didn't fully appreciate it at the time.

I certainly appreciate more since he passed away a few years ago..

Comment

My dad had to get up at 4:30, three days a week to drag me to hockey practice. I'm soooo glad my son likes basketball

I am a conservative conservative and though I have nothing against Sarah Palin, i do not see her as a viable candidate for presidential office. If the Republicans are going to take the white house and congress back, it is going to be with a solid platform that stresses the economy, a strong national defense, and putting an end to corruption in politics.
                          Last edited by NHMaster3015; 11-22-2009, 04:53 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

That's a straw-man argument, and a non-retort.

Not at all, do we live in a boring place. And it's not about being obsessed with your politics - there's nothing about this conversation that has anything to do with obsession. It's simply about being well informed. We live in a world economy now, and no one can afford to bury their head in the sand about what's going on in China, or Pakistan, or Britain, and especially not knowing what's going on in the U.S., our closest neighbour and trading partner. What affects you affects us, and vice versa (although, to a lesser extent on the later).

It's just about being well-informed, and being able to look from the outside in, with a non-partisan opinion and viewpoint, without the red- or blue-tinted glasses. To look at facts and the full figures and statistics on stuff, without slanted opinions getting in the way, and then allowing the people to make their own informed choices based on their viewpoints and belief structures after they've been given all the info. Unfortunately, it's a thing that's missing from your political and media systems over there.

Comment

And yes, hockey rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
                                That's a straw-man argument, and a non-retort.

Not at all, do we live in a boring place. And it's not about being obsessed with your politics - there's nothing about this conversation that has anything to do with obsession. It's simply about being well informed. We live in a world economy now, and no one can afford to bury their head in the sand about what's going on in China, or Pakistan, or Britain, and especially not knowing what's going on in the U.S., our closest neighbour and trading partner. What affects you affects us, and vice versa (although, to a lesser extent on the later).

It's just about being well-informed, and being able to look from the outside in, with a non-partisan opinion and viewpoint, without the red- or blue-tinted glasses. To look at facts and the full figures and statistics on stuff, without slanted opinions getting in the way, and then allowing the people to make their own informed choices based on their viewpoints and belief structures after they've been given all the info. Unfortunately, it's a thing that's missing from your political and media systems over there.
                                It's our country,Our elections , mind Your own business,EH !!

Comment

Working...
                                X