Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sarah Palin Book Tour

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
    LOL. Also, concerning military advice - kind of like when the American administration convinced our government to scrap (literally) the Avro Arrow project, and go with ICBMs instead??!
    I believe they called the cancellation of the Arrow Black Friday so I guess you do have a Black Friday.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      LOL-Just a little advise for the next time, any time the seller welds the torpedo tubes closed to stop leaks you may have a problem.

Mark
      No duh. You'd have thunk that our military's requisitions guys would have picked up on that, too. What a kerfluffle.

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      I believe they called the cancellation of the Arrow Black Friday so I guess you do have a Black Friday.

Mark

Yeah, but then again, it was a great Friday for you guys - we then exported some of our best and brightest minds of the times, and helped work out the science to get your butts going in the space program.

Comment

Originally posted by canucksartech View Post
        Good call. I know this must be a bit of a headache for you, but it's good business sense.

There's a new(er) plumbing company in/around the Detroit area - I see their commercials all the time on Fox 2 Detroit. I think they're called "Holiday Plumbing", although I can't find any commercials for them on YouTube (I was going to post a link, to show you). Their outfits are all white, the old fashioned 50's style delivery man sort of thing, with the bow ties and gloves and classic po-boy hats. Their outfit is all white, with white gloves and hats, and with a red (I think) bow tie. It would be a nightmare to keep clean, and there is a bit of a kitsch factor there. But appearances are everything, and it's got a classic / nostalgia sort of appeal to it.

Good call on the suit - I would imagine it's an investment that reciprocates itself a hundred-fold for you.

HAHAHAHAHA
        I don't really wear a suit, but it is food for thought. However, I have since switched from jeans and a t-shirt to kackis and a polo shirt. Maybe I should convert to a button-down shirt
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
          HAHAHAHAHA
          I don't really wear a suit, but it is food for thought. However, I have since switched from jeans and a t-shirt to kackis and a polo shirt. Maybe I should convert to a button-down shirt
          Got me.

But either way, I think it's a snazzy idea. Suit maybe with quoting, but the khakis and polo shirt during work is a good call - the best of both worlds. Changing over to a dress-shirt could work too, but you really need to find some inexpensive ones. Any stains that won't wash out won't really be presentable.

But I like the presentation aspect of it all.

Comment

What is this........America's Next Top Plumber........coming down the catwalk......
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I like the chick in the first Vid at about 40 seconds.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
              X