Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I practice Chinese on the Chinese-cha cha

deleted
    Last edited by Tyman; 02-22-2010, 08:08 PM.
    Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Re: I practice Chinese on the Chinese-cha cha

Google has a translate feature

Comment

the thing to remember about fortune cookies is that they are extraordinarily cheep. the translations are often wrong/gibberish. Also, there are at least two flavors of chinese. and I seem to recall their being 4. Cantonese and Mandarin for example.
      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Learning "Chinese" from a fortune cookie....

Comment

Fortune Cookie was accurate. Maybe she thought you were calling her a Pumpkin?

This link speaks the chinese characters...

http://tinyurl.com/ygxqn37

it only works if you have iTunes installed
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cisco1138 View Post
            Fortune Cookie was accurate. Maybe she thought you were calling her a Pumpkin?

This link speaks the chinese characters...

http://tinyurl.com/ygxqn37

it only works if you have iTunes installed
            Hey thats cool. Thank you so much.
            Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

One night about 10-years ago we went out to our favorite Chinese restaurant with my nephew. When the waitress came he ordered in perfect Chinese. After she left I asked him when he learned Chinese as he took French in High School. He told me he decided China was going to play a major role in our economy some day so he took it while in Medical School. A few years later he met a Korean girl who came to the US for school and they got married. He now speaks a bunch of different languages including several dialects of both Chinese and Korean.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                One night about 10-years ago we went out to our favorite Chinese restaurant with my nephew. When the waitress came he ordered in perfect Chinese. After she left I asked him when he learned Chinese as he took French in High School. He told me he decided China was going to play a major role in our economy some day so he took it while in Medical School. A few years later he met a Korean girl who came to the US for school and they got married. He now speaks a bunch of different languages including several dialects of both Chinese and Korean.

Mark
                Same for my little brother, he started Chinese Manderin while in high school, and is still taking it while in college. Sadly, years ago, I went through the same school system he did, however before all the reforms. My only choices were Spanish (Which everyone took) or French (Which I was forced into due to lack of seats for the former).
                Last edited by tailgunner; 11-22-2009, 10:10 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                  Same for my little brother, he started Chinese Manderin while in high school, and is still taking it while in college. Sadly, years ago, I went through the same school system he did, however before all the reforms. My only choices were Spanish (Which everyone took) or French (Which I was forced into due to lake of seats for the former).
                  I think thats a New england thing with the Spanish and French.

I went to Catholic school, my choice was take French, or get smacked in the head.
                  Well, I took French, but still got smacked in the head
                  INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                  Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post

Mark
                    The Chinese restaurant where I used to live would give a "dirty" fortune cookie if you asked them too to an unsuspecting person in your party.

Alot of surprises and fun.

J.C.

Comment

LOL-It wouldn't work for me as I always give my fortune cookies away anyways. I have a new Chinese restaurant by my home in California that serves a hand made fortune cookie with half of it dipped in chocolate. It looks tempting but I still offer mine to others.

Mark
                      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                      X