Black Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Black Friday

I don't care if it was Red/Gray/Orange or Pink Friday...I've got bills man!

A good deal is being caught up, that's better than anything found on a store shelf at this point.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Is this why you own so much Ridgid?

J.C.
      you know what i meant.

grinders and saws are the tools that get abused in the mud, and water.

the tools are not worth fixing when you put them through hell.

$100.00 electric tools are disposable.

$1000.00 tools are not.

those dewalts i bought, you couldn't replace a cord for what i paid.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        you know what i meant.

grinders and saws are the tools that get abused in the mud, and water.

the tools are not worth fixing when you put them through hell.

$100.00 electric tools are disposable.

$1000.00 tools are not.

those dewalts i bought, you couldn't replace a cord for what i paid.

rick.
        Sooooooo............

DeWalt tools = disposable.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(I really do like their battery-recharging radio though , and their fluorescent tube battery-operated worklight ).

Comment

why is it called "black friday"?

heck, why do we canadians call it "boxing day"?

hhhhmmmmmmmm......................

Vince

Comment

Originally posted by Vince the Plumber View Post
            why is it called "black friday"?

heck, why do we canadians call it "boxing day"?

hhhhmmmmmmmm......................

Vince
            Because these are the two days that I sacra-mentally (while conver-sating) open up a fresh bottle of rum, which I get out of a black box?!

Comment

Vince - Retailers supposedly start off the holiday season "in the black", hence Black Friday.

Boxing Day originates from England - Vince, embrace your British heritage right now dammit!!!

It's supposed to rain here tomorrow, so it's a black Friday regardless.

Heh.
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Vince

Here is what really gives regarding "Black Friday" and this is from times gone by. The accounting department would put down losses in red and gains in black. Too many times for the months of October and November stores would run at a loss rather than a profit so there was much printed in red on the accounting sheets. The idea was that on the Friday after Thanksgiving, many people were off from work and the same for the whole weekend. Desperate to sell off what was in stock, stores would open one second after midnight on Friday and would try really hard to clean out stock like crazy. In some cases they would run adds in the local newspaper for totally stupid sales like a $500 TV for only $250 but there was a catch. There was only one such TV in stock and it was the display model. Only the first person there demanding to buy it at the sale price got it. They would do the same with other items they wanted gone. Please remember that very few things sell at the MSRP (manufactures suggested retail price) but that was what was shown in the adds.

Examples: Super Sucker Ultra 3000 vacuum cleaner which has a MSRP of $599.99 is on sale for only $274.99 today only. Limited quantities, so come early.

Now here was what gave. There was only one of them and it was discontinued some time ago, but it was new in the box. Remember there was only one of them. They would do this for other items too. Please remember this was old stock and the store only paid $180 for it. They want it gone and that's what matters.

Anyway, if they did well in sales and turned in a profitable day then the accounting papers were in black ink. Now if the store did really bad, they would have lots of red ink on the papers and also the owner(s) were said to cry out in red blood.

Here in the USA it's just crazy retail stores being insane just to get fast money. I seriously doubt many smart people would venture out in the middle of the night looking for special deals only to know they won't get them and that there are many major brawl like fights. Some people do camp out and when the doors open the all bust loose like a stampede of wild bulls.

I'm staying home where it's comfy and much safer. Besides the shoppers there are many people that have had too much to drink and are dangerous to everyone on the roads.

Sorry for being so long winded

Comment

People get stupid when they are in a crowd and rush to get a bargain. I know the deceptive comeons and risks, so I comparitve shop online and get what I need in the comfort of my home. I want to buy the Carhartt Artic weight winter coat $109, free shipping, a hood to match and waterproof winter gloves. Last year a store guard died in a stampede, I hope the day goes by without a repeat. Stay safe folks.

Comment

It's funny but I get good deals online all the time without having to fight the crowds. Example, just bought a $75 tubing cutter for 45, a $230 curb key for 50 including shipping. I guess my christmas shopping is already done.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

And the nice thing about shopping online is you don't have to look at the unattractive employee.

Between restaurants and retail, it seems the work force has been getting extremely ugly and it tarnishes the buying experience.

Nobody needs to hire runway models or hotel hookers, but for god's sake put some of your better looking employees up front and center so the experience isn't one of a battery acid accident where it's not going to get better.

If you all want me to tape/video what I'm talking about, it's disheartening.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

What did I get myself into ? Leaving in 35 mins.

Comment

Working...
                        X