Black Friday

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Black Friday

I can't take the crowds myself, but there might be a deal in here that some need.

http://tgiblackfriday.com/Home-Depot

http://tgiblackfriday.com/Lowes

http://tgiblackfriday.com/Menards

Good luck.

J.C.

Re: Black Friday

adam, can you go shopping for us

i'll email the list

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I'm staying home on November 27th and that be for KOTTON PIKKON SURE if anything is. NO way am I going out only to fight the fools that think they are getting great buys on crap they will only end up trying to return only to be greeted by Yea Olde Auss Blaster (2 x 12ga with rock salt) and end up YEEEEEOOOOOOOOUCH.

I would much rather stay up Thanksgiving night and see what I can find on web sites and with my clock synchronized with the US Naval Observatory Master Clock, click at 00:00:01 on Black Friday and try my luck at getting a good deal on something I really can put to good use. If I don't get it, then I really don't need or want the item(s).

Comment

Must be nice to be able to go shopping "DURING DAYLIGHT HOURS" on a work day!

The very thought that while I'm crawling around a nasty, dirty, insulation filled attic, there are hundreds of thousands of people out there with the free time to do such things. Makes me want to vomit.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          adam, can you go shopping for us

i'll email the list

rick.
          Adam who?
          What are you talking about now?

Comment

Just ignore him.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
              Adam who?
              What are you talking about now?
              there's only 2 adams i know

you

and adam from the ridgid school house

i really wish i could ask ridgid adam to go shopping for me. maybe just give me the keys to the school

no problem, joey was a day off. we leave friday night

those 16 gallon shop vacs at $19.00 are a bargain.

they will go along with the 6 other from prior years

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                I would much rather stay up Thanksgiving night and see what I can find on web sites and with my clock synchronized with the US Naval Observatory Master Clock, click at 00:00:01 on Black Friday and try my luck at getting a good deal on something I really can put to good use. If I don't get it, then I really don't need or want the item(s).
                While you guys have this Black Friday stuff, we have Boxing Day up here. It's on December 26th, the day after Christmas, and it's when we have all of our major sales. It's not nearly as hectic or punch-you-in-the-mouth-sucka crazy as you guys have it. But there are some spectacular deals - it all depends on what you're looking for, and if you actually have the coin to spend on it.

But, the last few years, the majority of these retailers have been offering the same sales, but online. So, you could go online, anytime after the physical stores close on Christmas Eve (which is generally 6, 7, or 9pm), and you can check out and buy some of the Boxing Day sale items. Most stuff is available that way, and a lot of the retailers offer free shipping to your house and/or local store pickup, if the order is over a set amount ($100 or $199 or something like that).

I've only once gone ape-crazy for these sales. When Erin and I bought our house in December 2006, we needed to get a new TV. We set ourselves on getting an HD plasma TV, in the 42" to 50" range. I ended up going out with my old man, at 4:30am on Boxing Day, to get to Future Shop (a branch off that we have up here of Best Buy) for their store opening at 5:30am. In our smaller municipality of 100,000 people, with this one store in our central city of 43,000, there were already a line up of 350 people at this time in the morning. Yes, some had camped out. AND THIS WAS ALL IN THE WET, DRIZZLING, FREEZING RAIN. It sucked to only wait for 45 minutes or so, let alone who knows how many hours.

But, I bought our LG plasma, a 50" HDTV, for $1999. The previous "sale" price on this item was $2999, and the regular price of it was $3299. There are actually still a few stores which have this exact same model number (it hasn't been phased out yet, even though it's 3 years old already), and the lowest price that I've seen on it since is $2299. So, all in all, I'm very happy with the deal that we got, and fairly happy with that one solitary experience. But I wouldn't do it year after year, just to see what there is. You need to have a purpose to shop on that day, and the price point really needs to make it worthwhile.

Comment

those 16 gallon shop vacs at $19.00 are a bargain.

they will go along with the 6 other from prior years

rick.
                  See, and I saw that thing with the vacs, but the SKU number that's showing in the ad doesn't seem to pull up anything on the webpage. I'm wondering if it's a special-run item. The colouring looks different/changed on it too, almost a lot like the Husky darker grey.

I myself don't really need a new one. I got a nice little 5-gallon Ridgid one on a summer-time sale a year or two ago, for $19. Works great, just the right size and usage amount for my garage.

Comment

since black friday will happen at 35,000' for me this year

i started my shopping today

cleared out the store on dewalt 9 amp reciprocating saws/ sawzalls with quick load blade lock.

lets just say i needed more than 1 shopping cart

of course all i went there for was a box of drywall screws and a dr. pepper the cashiers knew that from my order.

ben, you might have a chance with this saw over the milwaukee tubing cutter

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Crazy, a bosch sawzall blows that dewalt out the water. First you talk about ridgid 15 and now a 9 amp dewalt sawzall. starting to wonder. Go ask Joey which is a better sawzall. she knows.
                      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

ben, with sawzalls and plumbing, you don't get the best, you destroy them in the mud and water.

for what i paid, i could buy 5 to your 1. the good stuff is not for plumbing.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

ben, with sawzalls and plumbing, you don't get the best, you destroy them in the mud and water.

rick.
                          Isn't that what you have a hacksaw for??
                          Last edited by canucksartech; 11-24-2009, 09:08 AM. Reason: Post # 1500: I'm catching you Rick!!!! You better type faster!!!! ;)

Comment

rick.
                            Is this why you own so much Ridgid?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                              Is this why you own so much Ridgid?

J.C.
                              Ouch, burn. Insert drum roll here.

Comment

Working...
                              X