Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanksgiving Dinner - What You Would Like?

I know that most people think of having roast turkey, smashed potatoes with gravy, bread stuffing, cranberry sauce, home baked rolls and the like. I would like to know if it was totally up to you what you would like to have for this special meal. Most likely I'll have a nice warm bowl of Hush Hound #3 and some good bottled water, but then being an old sick hound dog, I don't dare to even dream about a meal of human food. I would really be sick if I ate that stuff.

Re: Thanksgiving Dinner - What You Would Like?

I would like all of the above but may have to settle for an In-N-Out burger.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I would love to sit down at a Chinese restaurant to a meal of fried doggie dumplings, with sautee'd kittie strips, and a nice bowl of orange pigeon rice balls.

mmmmmmmm.....

Comment

My wife is on vacation until after thanksgiving so I'll have some Chef Boyardee or a Digiorno.

My favorites are stove top stuffing, whipped potatoes with lots of gravy, and corn bread. Maybe a couple of pieces of turkey breast too.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I would like all of the above but may have to settle for an In-N-Out burger.

Mark
          Mark, I bet you would rather have a nice bowl of Hush Hound #3 than that. I take it either you've got the wife POed again or that you have to work your auss off doing plumbing for restaurants.

Hush Hound = Good cooked real oatmeal with chopped up fruit on it. Then you pour on some whole milk, a little honey and some ground cinnamon to give it a little kick.

For the fruit I normally use a Granny Smith apple, a small banana, and some good raisins. Feel free to make it YOUR way as you like it.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
          I would love to sit down at a Chinese restaurant to a meal of fried doggie dumplings, with sautee'd kittie strips, and a nice bowl of orange pigeon rice balls.

mmmmmmmm.....
          Sounds like you would love going to The Blue Pearl Cafeteria restaurant near me. They serve that kind of yummy stuff there and loads of it. It's a one price per person deal and you just load up and eat like a hog if you want to or you can eat just a little and leave. Most people I see there really HOG IT DOWN big time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          My wife is on vacation until after thanksgiving so I'll have some Chef Boyardee or a Digiorno.

My favorites are stove top stuffing, whipped potatoes with lots of gravy, and corn bread. Maybe a couple of pieces of turkey breast too.
          Maybe you can find a place that has ready to eat turkey breasts and get some. Stove Top stuffing is pretty easy to make up.
          Last edited by Woussko; 11-22-2009, 10:54 PM.

Comment

Maybe you can find a place that has ready to eat turkey breasts and get some. Stove Top stuffing is pretty easy to make up.
            I'm gonna buy the turkey on Wednesday, and we'll have the meal on Saturday. I might just make the stove top anyway, but it really is better in the bird (In general, I'm not terribly excited about the bird; but it does make the stuffing better).

Comment

Our grandparents had it so much easier when they were growing up:

Comment

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
                Mark, I bet you would rather have a nice bowl of Hush Hound #3 than that. I take it either you've got the wife POed again or that you have to work your auss off doing plumbing for restaurants.
                My wife and I have been grown up for a long time so we "don't roll that way". She goes in for surgery on Wednesday and will likely not be home for three or four days. I have the opportunity to go to my daughters house with the rest of our local family but I will have to see how Brenda is doing first.

Mark
                "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

joey and i will be eating air new zealand food

hopefully some good lamb

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

My wife and I have been grown up for a long time so we "don't roll that way". She goes in for surgery on Wednesday and will likely not be home for three or four days. I have the opportunity to go to my daughters house with the rest of our local family but I will have to see how Brenda is doing first.

Mark
                    Hope all goes well and you are able to enjoy the holiday at a later time.
                    My wife and I cook for Thanksgiving, I make the turkey and she makes home made ravioli. I am fine with just the turkey and traditional meal, but her family needs their fix of pasta. I find that fewer folks are willing to cook their own meal, many stores offer a full turkey dinner for under $50. I still enjoy getting up real early and doing the whole thing from scratch, it's a labor of love. I insist on saying a few words of "Thanks" before the meal, I at least try to explain to the younger children the meaning behind the feast. For all the turmoil, we are still so very blessed!

Comment

Mark
                      You're a good man putting the wife first. I had the idea that maybe you were going to be "Hero Plumber" and save restaurants much grief. I wish her the best of luck and will remember her here at The Woussko Hut during prayer time.

Comment

I like all the traditional foods and expect to have it. However last year we had sloppy joes. The family time was nice as always but the meal itself was quite disappointing for me. I like to end the meal with a glass of boiled custard.

Comment

Working...
                        X