Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Nabs?

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
    Any of you guys and gals know what "Nabs" are?

No Googling or other search engines please.

(Just a yes or no)

J.C.
    Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
    Which dialect are you using?

Mark
    Since you have not answered me yet I will assume you are using the tar-heel dialect. I just can't tell if it is the Southern Highland or Piedmont dialect. I use to carry a version of nabs in my truck at all times but have not in a while. However, I did go buy some the other day after finding an unopened box of them in the back which was a couple of years old.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Since you have not answered me yet I will assume you are using the tar-heel dialect. I just can't tell if it is the Southern Highland or Piedmont dialect. I use to carry a version of nabs in my truck at all times but have not in a while. However, I did go buy some the other day after finding an unopened box of them in the back which was a couple of years old.

Mark

You gave to much info I know exactly what nabs are.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
        You gave to much info I know exactly what nabs are.
        Perhaps JC should not have left us alone for so long. My versions are definitely Piedmont dialect but from 150-east or so. At least mine did not steal their name .

Mark

Comment

Come on JC, this whole naDs thing it driving me NUTS
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I don't know what the heck Mr. Utah is talking about. I get confused with his big words like "dialect".

Just a thing I noticed on some jobs where people are from different states.

They sometimes didn't know what someone is talking about when they wanted to get a pack of Nabs.

Nabs is just a pack of peanut butter crackers. I believe the National Biscuit Company (Nabisco) were the first to be able to mass produce a sealed package for them.

They just became known as "Nabs". I'm sure many have something local to them that others have never heard of too.

So if you ever work with someone from somewhere else, and they say "Pull in here and let's get a pack of Nabs", you'll know what the heck they're talking about.

J.C.

Comment

I don't know what the heck Mr. Utah is talking about. I get confused with his big words like "dialect".

Just a thing I noticed on some jobs where people are from different states.

They sometimes didn't know what someone is talking about when they wanted to get a pack of Nabs.

Nabs is just a pack of peanut butter crackers. I believe the National Biscuit Company (Nabisco) were the first to be able to mass produce a sealed package for them.

They just became known as "Nabs". I'm sure many have something local to them that others have never heard of too.

So if you ever work with someone from somewhere else, and they say "Pull in here and let's get a pack of Nabs", you'll know what the heck they're talking about.

J.C.
              LOL-Sorry I know I can be confusing as I often confuse myself. My nabs are Austins which is about 150-miles east of Lance. It definitely is a regional thing but I had a plumber that use to say he was going to nab some nabs. He didn't like Austins so he would have his mom ship him Lance "Nabs".

Mark

Comment

Forget the peanut butter..........YER ALL A BUNCHA CRACKERS!!!

I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Mark once you posted that I remembered I was in a QVC or QFC or CSV I can't remember what you all call them over on the east coast it was like a Walgreens that we have here anyways I remember a woman who asked if they had anymore nabs so I waited for the guy to go in the back and get some three hrs later (not literally) the guy came back ok maybe it was like 15 minutes but it was a rediculous amount of time. The dialect and found some from years ago some how clicked.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                    Mark once you posted that I remembered I was in a QVC or QFC or CSV I can't remember what you all call them over on the east coast it was like a Walgreens that we have here anyways I remember a woman who asked if they had anymore nabs so I waited for the guy to go in the back and get some three hrs later (not literally) the guy came back ok maybe it was like 15 minutes but it was a rediculous amount of time. The dialect and found some from years ago some how clicked.
                    That would be CVS.

Comment

That would be CVS.

Thank you it was driving me nuts I couldn't think of it.

Comment

Nads.

Comment

My wife and have heavy Mainer hick accents.

The other day I was driving down the road (speeding) and she was telling me a story about snakes. At some point she paused in order to recall the name of a snake........UM....AHHH....UM........

All of a sudden she blurts out, COP AHEAD!!!!
                          Instinctively I stomp on the brakes
                          Still not seeing the cop I ask "where"?

She says "where what"?

ME: "Where's the cop"?

CANDY: "What cop"?

ME: "you just said cop ahead"

CANDY:"I said Copahh head, not cop ahead"

So if your ever in Maine and someone says 'Copper Head' they could be talking about the snake or the cops.
                          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                            So if your ever in Maine and someone says 'Copper Head' they could be talking about the snake or the cops.
                            Ayuh. Whutevah yew say.
                            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                              My wife and have heavy Mainer hick accents.

The other day I was driving down the road (speeding) and she was telling me a story about snakes. At some point she paused in order to recall the name of a snake........UM....AHHH....UM........

All of a sudden she blurts out, COP AHEAD!!!!
                              Instinctively I stomp on the brakes
                              Still not seeing the cop I ask "where"?

She says "where what"?

ME: "Where's the cop"?

CANDY: "What cop"?

ME: "you just said cop ahead"

CANDY:"I said Copahh head, not cop ahead"

Hey, if you can't make fun of yourself, who can you make fun of...eh?

Yeah, Maine accents - they definitely stand out in a crowd. That's why I really enjoy listening to Bob Marley. Not the singer, but Robert Marley the comedian from Maine. His situational comedy is awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X