Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2009 Christmas Tree Photo Thread

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
    Well, I finally found it, I have to live accross the street from THIS:

*The music is one of the tunes played, but over a low power radio channel, not through a public speaker*
    Even without a loud speaker I could see how that could get old. Are you directly across the street or just the same block?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Even without a loud speaker I could see how that could get old. Are you directly across the street or just the same block?

Mark
      I am of a similar angle, however, if you shifted the camera over to the right by two houses, that is where I am.

Perhaps a better way to describe it would be to picture a triangle, with the display at the top, with the current camera angle at the left corner, I would be at the right corner.

Comment

there are 4 places just 30 miles from here that do it every year. going to all of them tonight.

dress supper warm. run a 12 wire extention cord to an electric space heater and a couple of lawn chairs in the display sit back with some shades on and some hot coco and when the neighbor comes out to ask what your doing just say, that you are enjoying the disply to its full potental. if that does'nt work. you can say, i can't sleep with all this noise so i thought i'd join you. if you turn it off i can go back to bed.
        the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

http://www.flixxy.com/best-christmas-lights-display.htm

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
            I am of a similar angle, however, if you shifted the camera over to the right by two houses, that is where I am.

Perhaps a better way to describe it would be to picture a triangle, with the display at the top, with the current camera angle at the left corner, I would be at the right corner.
            That would drive me friggin' NUTS!
            You must hate Christmas now.

Do you find yourself up late at night compulsively cleaning, loading, and unloading your shotgun?
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              That would drive me friggin' NUTS!
              You must hate Christmas now.

Do you find yourself up late at night compulsively cleaning, loading, and unloading your shotgun?
              Nah, too much work. I'd rather charge up my sawzall armed with a lenox metal cutting blade to cut in half any moronic vehicle that dares pull over to watch the display and block my driveway to do it!

Still, what really drives me nuts if the fact that this guy somehow is able to leave for work AFTER I leave, be home BEFORE I am, and still have the ability to even work on such a project while there is still daylight out on a workday!

However (I do seem to enjoy using that word don't I?) my house, the only one in the neighborhood that belongs to an electrician (Almost!) I will admit, would be the darkest house on the street!

Comment

Here is our tree and Joseph Jr giving us the approval ;-)

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the link... wow some people have too much money and too much time.

I am not doing a tree this year, so no pictures from me. Sorry.
                  Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                  A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                  Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                  Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

I live in the Christmas tree capitol of the world. Where a $6.00 tree is cheap and $12.00 is to expensive and Home depo still try's to sell them for $39.99. I drove about a half a block to the closest tree farm walked out in the field and cut my tree down. Went over and knocked on the door and I handed the guy my ten bux. I will post some pictures later.

Comment

Originally posted by DanLawrence View Post
                      I live in the Christmas tree capitol of the world. Where a $6.00 tree is cheap and $12.00 is to expensive and Home depo still try's to sell them for $39.99. I drove about a half a block to the closest tree farm walked out in the field and cut my tree down. Went over and knocked on the door and I handed the guy my ten bux. I will post some pictures later.
                      You're pretty lucky. The cut-your-own tree farm near me is $95 for a tree (no matter the size). Last year we spent about $70, so the extra $25 for the cutting experience and keeping the money local was OK with me.

Comment

Here is the tree we bought and decorated on Saturday. It was grown about 5 miles from our house on a 180 acre farm that has Apples in the fall and Douglas firs in December.
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	47b525b261c86cec899a3c03b5fb7a76.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	9137
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                          Here is the tree we bought and decorated on Saturday. It was grown about 5 miles from our house on a 180 acre farm that has Apples in the fall and Douglas firs in December.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	47b525b261c86cec899a3c03b5fb7a76.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	84.2 KB
ID:	9137
                          Way to go, Charles!!!! Make the little guy get down on the ground and do the dirty work!!!

Comment

Ok I do not want to be the downer, so I got me a tree.

Attached Files

Comment

How sad is this? All I thought Ron when I looked at your pic is "What kind of radiator is that under the window?"

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                                How sad is this? All I thought Ron when I looked at your pic is "What kind of radiator is that under the window?"

J.C.
                                Ok you made me smile and chuckle for the first time in a week.

Comment

Working...
                                X