Went to The Doctor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went to The Doctor

Well I noticed I had a golf ball sized lump between my neck and shoulder a few days ago. So I went to the doc and he said its probably nothing, maybe a cyst. But he ordered an ultrasound done it to be sure.

The results came back this evening, they said it is an abnormality in my lymph node and the doc wants to see me tomorrow. Thats all the nurse was able to tell me other than what time I need to be there. So of course I goggled lymph node and found one can get swollen from a simple infection like a sore throat or even an ear infection... but then I kept reading, and found that cancer can cause it as well... and the one that I am having issues with Hodgkin disease is a likely cause.

So needless to say I am a bit nervous, probably not as worried as my girlfriend is and would like me to be. I normally just shrug off aliments as long as the doctors can fix me. But the cancer part is what has me nervous.

Well anyways, I will update the post tomorrow after I see the doc at 4pm Chicago time. Sometimes I hate the internet and all the information it can give us. I would of been better off in the dark just grinning as the doctors take care of me.
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    Ron's Facebook
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Went to The Doctor

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
    Well I noticed I had a golf ball sized lump between my neck and shoulder a few days ago. So I went to the doc and he said its probably nothing, maybe a cyst. But he ordered an ultrasound done it to be sure.

The results came back this evening, they said it is an abnormality in my lymph node and the doc wants to see me tomorrow. Thats all the nurse was able to tell me other than what time I need to be there. So of course I goggled lymph node and found one can get swollen from a simple infection like a sore throat or even an ear infection... but then I kept reading, and found that cancer can cause it as well... and the one that I am having issues with Hodgkin disease is a likely cause.

So needless to say I am a bit nervous, probably not as worried as my girlfriend is and would like me to be. I normally just shrug off aliments as long as the doctors can fix me. But the cancer part is what has me nervous.

Well anyways, I will update the post tomorrow after I see the doc at 4pm Chicago time. Sometimes I hate the internet and all the information it can give us. I would of been better off in the dark just grinning as the doctors take care of me.
    Mr. Ron, I will pray for you. The best I can do from here. Stay positive.

J.C.

Comment

Ron, get some sleep tonight. My mom always said don't worry until you have something to worry about.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Hope everything turns out alright... Glad you went into the docs to get it checked out. I also will be praying for you.

Fingers crossed that its nothing...

BTW... if it is hodgkins there is some good news. It is a much better type of cancer than most. Excellent treatment success. I have a friend who is going through treatment right now.

josh

Comment

Ron I'll be saying a little prayer for you.

Comment

Thank you all for the good thoughts. I am off to bed for now. Talk to you all laters.
            Ron's Facebook

Comment

Ron,

I too will say a prayer for both you and your daughter.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

stay strong buddy!!

Vince

Comment

ron, whatever it is, you're stronger than it

you'll be fine and ready to get back to work tomorrow

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Ron, it's three in the morning and I just got up to let the dog out. Read this Thread and wanted to extend my prayers and hope that this is not a serious illness. You are right about the Internet giving us too much information, remember a lot of it is "dated". Don't let a word take a big hard working man like yourself down. No matter what they tell you, get your mind right before you get the diagnosis! Best of luck and stay strong. Frank.

Comment

Ron I will pray for you good luck buddy

Comment

Sleep and all your posts has defiantly help put my mind at ease. I feel healthy not sick at all. Just a slight bump on my shoulder that i barely notice.
                        Ron's Facebook

Comment

hoping for the best for you,
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

positive thoughts and warm Caribbean mojo headed your way

steve
                            In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Hey brother I will say a prayer for you. You will be fine

Comment

Working...
                              X