Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: global warming

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
    Implying those are the only options.

The only movements those two groups entail are "bowel movements". Something made self-evident by the sheer amount of BS spewed forth by thier representitives, and I will have nothing to do with either one of them.

Here is what I believe in. The only way for the world to properly heal itself from whatever damage we have cause would be to cease all production for the next eighty years. Something that is both impractical and infeasable. However, what we are doing NOW is the best thing that we can humanly perform: More efficient use of energy, utilising sources of energy in addition to fossil fuels, and reduce waste, all of which in turn reduce the demand placed on the amount of resources needed for production (Which requires fuel and energy as well). That is the only course of action that can, must, and is to be taken. All for the sake of making such programs more profitable than the current wasteful mechanisms we have now.

I absolutely refuse to be taken in by those "holier than thou" eco-morons that roll around with thier Prius' believing they are saving the environment when in truth my gasoline powered 2002 Ford Focus has a much less impact than those Li-Ion batteries trucked around by those hybrids, and I can prove it. Even oil refineries have grass growing around it. Can the same be said of those battery manufacturing plants? I didn't think so.
    Well, It's getting late and I'm still not sure where you stand.
    Are you sure your not a Politician?????

Time for me to go to bed.

No matter where you stand, I will give you credit for this statement:

"The only movements those two groups entail are "bowel movements". "
    Thats a good one
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      Well, It's getting late and I'm still not sure where you stand.
      Are you sure your not a Politician?????

Time for me to go to bed.

No matter where you stand, I will give you credit for this statement:

"The only movements those two groups entail are "bowel movements". "
      Thats a good one
      Sir, I believe I really should be a politician. I know most people complain how politicians are lazy, money-grubbing, hot gas filled blowhards. However, for me, I don't look at it as being a lazy, money-grubbing, hot gas filled bloward, I look at it as blaming myself as not having a job where I can be a lazy, money-grubbing, hot gas filled blowhard, and get paid for it via not only tax money (Which is usually just enough to ensure I don't starve, but through local businesses payoffs that ensure a comfortable stay throughout my tenure.

Comment

I think this story is going to die. It seems to be losing steam already. I like that China is talking about cutting green house gas's. I bet china will talk about it but never enforce it. We will actually do it and cripple our economy even more. I bet the big players in the global warming camp think this is hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by saysflushable View Post
          I think this story is going to die. It seems to be losing steam already. I like that China is talking about cutting green house gas's. I bet china will talk about it but never enforce it. We will actually do it and cripple our economy even more. I bet the big players in the global warming camp think this is hilarious.
          The reason the story is dying isn't because some press conspiracy. It is dying because it isn't the smoking gun anti-global warming people wanted to believe it is. Upon investigation from actual investigative journalists rather then the story of the minute televised news networks like to sell the story as a whole doesn't prove anything. No data was manufactured in favor of global warming.

The e-mails in no way confirm that global warming is some hoax made up by climate scientists. What transpired was the editors of American scientific magazines were through peer review were commenting on and choosing which articles should go to print. Someone went in and stole private correspondence from members of the peer review board. Since they were supposed to be private, the writers of said e-mails did not hold back on voicing their personal opinions of various contributors. The whole fiasco comes down to egg heads calling other egg heads poopy heads.

The e-mailers involved certainly have a bias on the side of global warming. They commented, even in the e-mails, they had to be careful anytime they publish something that can be seen as evidence against global warming as it gets more press time then any study showing evidence of global warming. Which is true. 85% of all climatology studies relating to global warming show definite evidence of it. When it comes to televised press only 10% of those stories are talked about. Compared that to 70% of the articles showing evidence against global warming talked about in televised press.

The complaint on the anti global warming side is the magazines may have been opting not to publish studies that showed evidence against global warming.

The publishers of climatology magazines have many reasons to push the facts of global warming. Creates jobs in environmental fields, get funding for studies, makes names for themselves, push greener technologies they are backing etc. It makes sense that their periodicals are in favor of man caused global warming. That does not mean they might also want to bring global warming to the forefront because it could be an actual threat to our way of life.

There is evidence of global warming. There is evidence that mankind has impacted our environment. The only thing up to debate is to what degree we have impacted it and how much we may impact it in the future.

As I live in MA and am well above sea level with no plans of having children, global warming is pretty low on my list of things to worry about. I acknowledge mankind has influenced it but in my lifetime the world is unlikely to end due to it. I don't object to technologies or decisions that will lessen our impact. At the same time I don't believe we are in a position to stop anything from occurring. All we can do is buy time till we develop technology to reverse our influence. Cutting off jobs or slowing our economic recovery can only hurt our ability to develop new technologies.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
            The reason the story is dying isn't because some press conspiracy. It is dying because it isn't the smoking gun anti-global warming people wanted to believe it is. Upon investigation from actual investigative journalists rather then the story of the minute televised news networks like to sell the story as a whole doesn't prove anything. No data was manufactured in favor of global warming.

The e-mails in no way confirm that global warming is some hoax made up by climate scientists. What transpired was the editors of American scientific magazines were through peer review were commenting on and choosing which articles should go to print. Someone went in and stole private correspondence from members of the peer review board. Since they were supposed to be private, the writers of said e-mails did not hold back on voicing their personal opinions of various contributors. The whole fiasco comes down to egg heads calling other egg heads poopy heads.

The e-mailers involved certainly have a bias on the side of global warming. They commented, even in the e-mails, they had to be careful anytime they publish something that can be seen as evidence against global warming as it gets more press time then any study showing evidence of global warming. Which is true. 85% of all climatology studies relating to global warming show definite evidence of it. When it comes to televised press only 10% of those stories are talked about. Compared that to 70% of the articles showing evidence against global warming talked about in televised press.

The complaint on the anti global warming side is the magazines may have been opting not to publish studies that showed evidence against global warming.

The publishers of climatology magazines have many reasons to push the facts of global warming. Creates jobs in environmental fields, get funding for studies, makes names for themselves, push greener technologies they are backing etc. It makes sense that their periodicals are in favor of man caused global warming. That does not mean they might also want to bring global warming to the forefront because it could be an actual threat to our way of life.

There is evidence of global warming. There is evidence that mankind has impacted our environment. The only thing up to debate is to what degree we have impacted it and how much we may impact it in the future.

As I live in MA and am well above sea level with no plans of having children, global warming is pretty low on my list of things to worry about. I acknowledge mankind has influenced it but in my lifetime the world is unlikely to end due to it. I don't object to technologies or decisions that will lessen our impact. At the same time I don't believe we are in a position to stop anything from occurring. All we can do is buy time till we develop technology to reverse our influence. Cutting off jobs or slowing our economic recovery can only hurt our ability to develop new technologies.
            I believe from what I read, data disproving global warming was suppressed. I just viewed a Russian news broad cast on my local PBS station. They not only talked about the leaked Emails. They also talked about the suppressing of evidence of 7 years of global cooling. From 2002 until present.
            I would like to say this is much ado about nothing. However people may FORCE me to change my lifestyle because of a made up fairy tail. FORCE being the key word.

Comment

Who's stupid enough to believe global warming is going away? It is a multi trillion dollar industry. Entire agencies, manufacturing plants, advertising and marketing agencies have been created in the past 20 years or so to bolster this whole hoax. There is way too much money to stop it now. Anyone get PM magazine or Contractor? The whole damn magazine is nothing but green crap from page one to the end. To the degree that I mailed in my complaint and canceled my subscriptions. What a pant load. When I was in college in the 70's the scientists were all warning or a coming ice age. Know what? It's still coming, they were right all along.
              sigpic

Comment

I believe from what I read, data disproving global warming was suppressed. I just viewed a Russian news broad cast on my local PBS station. They not only talked about the leaked Emails. They also talked about the suppressing of evidence of 7 years of global cooling. From 2002 until present.
                I would like to say this is much ado about nothing. However people may FORCE me to change my lifestyle because of a made up fairy tail. FORCE being the key word.
                Suppressed in the sense they opted not to publish it. It would be like saying Plumbing magazine suppressed information about plumbing free houses. If I want my article on pluming free homes to be published I probably shouldn't send my article to a publication with a bias against it.

Bias knows no bounds. While many think the scientific communities remain within the strict regiment of facts, it is simply not true. Regardless of how good your facts are you can not get your message out without overcoming the social politics in the community. For example if you don't have a PHD in your field they won't even stop to listen to you.

The writers of global cooling articles were certainly mislead believing their articles would get equal weight do to their merit. It's obvious to the casual observer that these publications are biased, not sure why its now news.

Comment

Why argue over global warming? Why not discuss environmental damage, air and water pollution? Do the folks who don't buy into global warming, also dismiss the damge done to our environment? I know for a fact that there are a lot of wells that are contaminted, and maybe we could put some effort into that area instead of arguing wheter or not golbal warming is fact.Maybe we could go back to drinking water, soda, beer, etc out of glass bottles and outlaw plastics? In my opinion this whole global warming thing is just another distraction from real, proven problems that we could be dealing with right now!
                  Last edited by Frankiarmz; 11-29-2009, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Why argue over global warming? Well it's not true and people want to change our way of life because of it. Now the question is why would a group of people press so hard to effect major changes in our government over something not true? Power and control thats why and I don't want these freaks to control 1 iota of my life. They will and they do. This genie can't be put back in the bottle.

Comment

It's all caused by dowsers.

J.C.

Comment

Suppressed in the sense they opted not to publish it. It would be like saying Plumbing magazine suppressed information about plumbing free houses. If I want my article on pluming free homes to be published I probably shouldn't send my article to a publication with a bias against it.
                        If my Tax dollars were used to fund research. as It would be through public colleges then I expect the truth. Not bias. If it is privately funded then I have no control over the research and they can lie there butts off.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                          It's all caused by dowsers.

J.C.
                          I HHHHHATTTTTTE dowsers with there fancy sticks and I can always find pipes attitude. Except when I'm operating the shovel

Comment

If my Tax dollars were used to fund research. as It would be through public colleges then I expect the truth. Not bias. If it is privately funded then I have no control over the research and they can lie there butts off.
                            You do realize the whole story is about leaked emails from the University of Anglia. To my knowledge it is a University in England and is not funded by US tax dollars.

Comment

You do realize the whole story is about leaked emails from the University of Anglia. To my knowledge it is a University in England and is not funded by US tax dollars.
                              Absolutely I knew that. I just have a feeling some of those E mails may be to collegues in the U.S. Maybe not.

Comment

Hi guys,
                                For many decades it was considered acceptable to produce and consume without any regard for the environment. Now we seem to have run out of time. We must learn to take personal responsibility for the energy we use, and for the waste we leave behind. We, ourselves, must change in order to fight climate change.
                                Thanks for sharing this link
                                dsi r4

Comment

Working...
                                X