X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: global warming

SO.....anyone know if we plugged the hole in the ozone layer?

I had to give up a cold quality air conditioner in my van to ensure the earth does not get sucked out into a black hole or something via the hole in the ozone layer!

I understand that china, india, and dubai have so many new refrigerators that the ozone layer hole has moved from over the USA to over their country? Can anyone verify this? I did a Google earth and did not see the ozone layer hole or the global warming heat wave rings.

I am preparing though, I have ordered 2 cases of mason jars with lids. I'll be sending them to a friend in Greenland. He will fill them with melting glacier water and send them to me so I'll have fresh water when all the glaciers melt and go into the sea and become salt water.

I'll likely list them on E-bay at $4,500.00 each jar plus shipping....watch for them soon!

Finally I refuse to stop breathing..you do know that's the secret to long life? Keep breathing don't stop. As an Earthling I exhale CO2. From my basic science schooling, trees and plants use CO2 and convert it to O2 which is their exhaled waste! I'm more concerned with cattle farts in Montana than my exhaled breath! But I'm really scared to the amount of hot CO2 air and methane produced in Washington DC!!! I worry the hole in the ozone layer will move back to the USA and hover over our capital!

Oh..it was less than 40F this morning in Phoenix AZ and the highs today may hit 78F
    I remember 120F in the summer of 1990....
    Oh yeah it takes global warming to cause global cooling....I must admit they do cover all bases!

Cactus Man

Comment

Here is an interesting read!

Right now, Mayewski said, the Antarctic’s temperature is actually protected by the hole in the ozone layer. The hole, Mayewski said, has strengthened westerly winds, which in turn has kept warm air from reaching the Antarctic ice.
      But Mayewski said the hole in the ozone layer is predicted to close by 2060, which means the westerlies will eventually weaken and usher in warm air over Antarctica. That could mean, he added, a dramatic and quick impact on sea levels. The Antarctic contains 90 percent of the planet’s ice, Mayewski said.

http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/131680.html

I guess this week the hole is good????????????????????????????????????????
      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Global warming was good to me today. December shorts and T-shirt weather Massachusetts. It was so nice out. I'll take more days like it.

Comment

Originally posted by boytyperanma View Post
          Global warming was good to me today. December shorts and T-shirt weather Massachusetts. It was so nice out. I'll take more days like it.

Where in M******* are ya? I knew we are notorious for bizzare weather, but today broke a record! It hit 66 degrees!

For that little something...extra, nature also took upon itself to rain down on us in the morning, while the sun was out! Where the hell was all that water coming from?

Edit:
          Oh come on! Was that word filter really necessary?

Comment

I don't see this story going anywhere until a full investigation is completed. The leaked email which suggested hiding data, involved Phil Jones. He is a Professor at the University of Anglia which is one of the top Institutes pushing the Global Warming theory. Jones was the Director of the Climate Research Unit and was responsible for collecting all of the raw temperature and data to build the Global Warming model. What makes matters worse and even more suspect is the fact he had all of the raw data destroyed so now there is no way to audit the information. Jones has recently stepped down during the investigation. There are some in Congress now asking for hearings.

Mark
            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 12-04-2009, 02:09 PM.
            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I live in Fitchburg, work in the Concord Carlisle area.

Comment

I live in Fitchburg, work in the Concord Carlisle area.
                Sir, you have my sincerest condolences. I live in Springfield, and I thought I lived in the bad part of the state. Sometimes I believed we were better off if the state senate forgotten we existed past Worchester, as they usually did.

The company I work for did a few electrical jobs out there.

Comment

Where is the global warming now?

J.C.

Comment

It's out there.

Comment

I kinda take the John Stewart argument of global warming if 90% of the worlds top scientists say they global warming is occurring its a pretty good indication.

A senator saying it was cold in Texas is not proof against global warming.

This is essentially weather prediction. I live in New England they can not even predict the next days weather with 100% accuracy, but if 90% of the weather men say its going to rain tomorrow I'm going to bring a raincoat.

Comment

I kinda take the John Stewart argument of global warming if 90% of the worlds top scientists say they global warming is occurring its a pretty good indication.
                        Back in the 90's, the argument against global warming was that there was no consensus within the scientific community, that it was a distinct minority that advanced the theory.

Now that there exists a vast majority, the argument has shifted to that of political conspiracies. In other words, science can not be trusted because it has been politicized. Those making this claim are quite familiar with politicizing matters for personal gain, so naturally their attitude, or world view, is that everybody does this.

While they may be able to gain traction on matters of governance by misquoting, mischaracterizing, distortion and frequently lying about political opponents, they have been unable to apply this tactic to the vast and comprehensive knowledge base and database of global warming. They are only able to throw together anecdotal evidence or cherry pick the evidence that supports their bias. But when ALL of the data sets gathered on global warming are put together, the result is obvious and incontrovertible.

One example of such tactics employed by the deniers is Jim Inhoffe's petition signed by 400+ scientists that that don't believe global warming is occurring. The list is so laughably fraudulent that Inhoffe has been completely dismissed from the debate. If you're caught lying and cheating to make your point, you lose any and all credibility. No second chances.

People are free to choose who they want to believe on the subject. The deniers have shown themselves incapable of engaging in the discussion honestly.

And as for the stolen emails, I find it interesting that the deniers would embrace the word of a thief. Yet another example of the means justifies the end.
                        Last edited by SpiffPeters; 01-06-2010, 03:07 PM.

Comment

I live in New England and although it has been a very cold winter, I have no doubt that global warming is real. I agree that there is a big difference between weather patterns and global warming. I happen to think there are much more urgent issues to be addressed, such as our economy, sustainable energy and pollution control. We need prioritize and right now the biggest issue facing our country is the economy. We should continue to explore alternative energy and fight pollution, but job one in my opinion should be fixing our broken economy. A strong America can do more to help resolve issues such as global warming as opposed to a failing America.
                          Last edited by Frankiarmz; 01-06-2010, 02:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                            Where is the global warming now?
                            It is in the southern hemisphere this time of year. It'll move back north in a few months...
                            Steve
                            www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              A strong America can do more to help resolve issues such as global warming as opposed to a failing America.
                              I agree 110%. However, the way the global economy is currently configured, nationality is losing relevance. Multinational corporations simply move their operations to the lowest cost business environment. They have no allegiance to a nation or its people. They serve the consumer and require the lowest cost production available.

This is how capitalism works. And capitalism is the universal truth these days.

Comment

Where are those 113 degree days in florida back in the 60's

Where is 2007's extreme heat

Where are the extreme temperatures that I experienced in the 80's, where summers always hovered in the 100's through the summer, consistently

Even the heat in 2007 wasn't consistently 100's, it was in the 90's...lower

And what is global warming all about....money, and make plenty of it, that's why the green movement had so much of a head start

Seems that the followers that preach the word of this have a stake in it as well

Makes for entertainment and income so expect that to be the gain of many with this fictitious "1/2 degree raise in temperature in the past decade" mentality that somehow this important

Just like cancer; no one wants that cure because there's way too much money to be made in that movement. And that is sad that victims are the voice box of wanting a cure, and can't get one. That ponders the question of why individuals/corporations have to constantly create funding for a cure. Shouldn't that be of the medical fields responsibility? I would think so.

But back to global warming? Money, that's the root of the evil in that subject matter. If money wasn't attached to it and its design, it would of been tossed away like a biodegradeable plastic bag that is good for the landfills and enviornment.

Oh wait, those bags are still in the landfills, 20 years later, not disintegrating.

Oh wow, save the plight of the trees and now we poisoned our water streams. History repeating itself with idiots driving the shuttlebus to carry us into the next generations problems.
                                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                                X