Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here it Comes - Commercial Debt Fallout

The other shoe is starting to land, don't think this won't reach us soon:

Around the Globe

Remember that Commercial Debt is something that has not been talked about, thinking for a lot that it don't exist?

Consider a train that's leaving the station, 60 cars long. Obama's stimulus package is going to help but there are some key situations unfolding that if they are not met with stability in this economy, the domino effect is going to start compounding everything that's going around the world.

The "let's just ride this out" is turning into "time to face the music" real soon, like in the next 5-9 months.

That's the nice thing about the internet forums; you can bring back prior discussions on topics that may or may not be relevant.

I personally hope I'm wrong on these matters, but there are too many things aligning themselves to happen at this point and not take notice.

The blinders have to be removed and accept reality. I surely hope I'm wrong about all of this and the world doesn't hit this rut.

I'm going to start dating Tonya Harding so I can find comfort in these difficult times. No wedding videos..sorry.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: Here it Comes - Commercial Debt Fallout

I'm sorry, maybe it's all that food yesterday but I don't understand exactly what's happening in dubai? Is it some private corp that can't pay back loans to several countries most of all england? If so, do those countries bailout thier banks like we do? Looks like it really shook up the stock market. If I'm on the right track, I thought all those folks in dubai were rich, why can't they pay thier debt?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      I'm sorry, maybe it's all that food yesterday but I don't understand exactly what's happening in dubai? Is it some private corp that can't pay back loans to several countries most of all england? If so, do those countries bailout thier banks like we do? Looks like it really shook up the stock market. If I'm on the right track, I thought all those folks in dubai were rich, why can't they pay thier debt?
      It isn't just a private corporation, it is a state-owned corporation. The government and large corporations are not entirely separate there. I think a reasonable analogy is that it is something like the Post Office defaulting on its debt.

Just 'cause people are rich doesn't mean they pay their bills. That is the reason a corporation exists, so that if it does get in over its head, the people who own it aren't personally liable.

Also remember, oil prices have fallen from their highs, which probably doesn't help if you are an oil-rich country.

Comment

I guess aside from commercial debt problems, private debt such as our credit cards may cause a lot of problems if folks stop paying on a large scale. My wife and I pay our credit card debt, but she says it's unsecured debt? I guess if most folks stopped paying they would just get bailout money and those still paying taxes would end up paying. Big mess and getting worse.

Comment

Working...
        X