Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

    To Those of Us Born
    1930 - 1979
    by Jay Leno.



    TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE 1930's, 40's, 50's, ! 60's and 70's!!

    First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

    They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes ..

    Then after that trauma, we we're put t o sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints.

    We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had baseball caps not helmets on our heads.


    As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats , no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes.

    Riding in the back of a pick- up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

    We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

    We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and no one actually died from this..

    We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar... And, we weren't overweight.. WHY?

    Because we were always outside playing...that's why!


    We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on..

    No one was able to reach us all day.. And, we were OKAY.

    We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride them down the hill , only to find out we forgot the brakes.

    After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem. We did not have Play stations , Nintendo's and X-boxes. There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no personal computers, no Internet and no chat rooms.


    WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

    We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

    We would get spankings with wooden spoons, switches, ping pong paddles, or just a bare hand and no one would call child services to report abuse.

    We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.


    We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes.


    We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.

    Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team.
    Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment.


    Imagine ! that!!
    The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

    These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever. The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

    We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.


    If YOU are one of them, CONGRATULATIONS!
    You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much o! f our lives for our own good.!

    ~
    The quote of the month is by
    Jay Leno:
    'With hurricanes, tornado's, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance ?'
    For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us...go ahead and delete this.
    For the rest of us...pass this on.
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

  • #2
    Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

    Those good old times for us were far from perfect, there was violence and abuse, but is it better now? I think we do shelter our childen too much, and go to great lengths to protect them from the world. The real world is dangerous at times, it does hold disappointment, it's also beautiful and lots of fun. Who came up with all these stupid ideas of not earning your place or working to acquire a goal or grade? Advertisers have done a wonderful job of convincing us that gifts must be given along with greeting cards at almost every holiday, and we fell for it! Bring back the simpler times, not for us but for the kids.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

      Being one whom was born 1979, that had to be the worst year to be born in possible. It had taken myself a few years to sum up a sentence that properly describes how awful things are, so here it is: Say to yourself, "I am the last man to learn how to repair a typewriter."

      THAT is the daily insult I am forced to endure. I find myself constantly in the "transitional" period where the educational system and content is not only rendered obsolete the moment I graduate, BUT it is through my efforts that help lay the foundation of a newer, reformed system to better train the class immediately behind me, and I mean immediately, yet I receive zero benefit from those efforts. So when it comes time to the career interview for a line I work I desire, the skill set I lay on the table is already outdated, and easily replaced by someone of younger age for a reduced cost to the employer.

      My current employer, who is only a few years older than I, with his master electrician license said it to me best, "You were born just a little bit too early." A truth that is concrete solid. If I was born in 1976, I would have my Masters license by now due to lower standards at the time. If I was born in 1983, I would never had considered entering the Trades, and jump into the technology industry right when it was ramping up in the late 1990's, supported by the new schools that were commissioned at that time to train our students for that very purpose. But no, while the school for Science and Technology was under construction, right next door, I was stuck in a Trade school that almost lost it's accrediation.

      Yes, I am old enough to have lived through lead paint, yes I lived through unsafe playgrounds, (I remember the old tire swings and 'meat-grinder' merry-go-rounds), hell, I remember black and white televisions with "rabbit ear" antennas, but I also was young enough for the revived video game console market of Nintendo and Sega circa 1984, and touched the start of the Personal Computer market with my hand-me-down Commodore 64. However, what irritates me the most is the fact many of those who are related to me, who are only a few years younger than I am, are able to enjoy a standard of living higher than my own in the more lucrative fields of technology, that at all times are just less than an inch out of my reach, but out of reach none-the-less.
      Last edited by tailgunner; 11-29-2009, 08:46 PM.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

        Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
        Being one whom was born 1979, that had to be the worst year to be born in possible. It had taken myself a few years to sum up a sentence that properly describes how awful things are, so here it is: Say to yourself, "I am the last man to learn how to repair a typewriter."

        THAT is the daily insult I am forced to endure. I find myself constantly in the "transitional" period where the educational system and content is not only renedered obsolete the moment I graduate, BUT it is through my efforts that help lay the foundation of a newer, reformed system to better train the class immediately behind me, and I mean immediately, yet I receive zero benefit from those efforts. So when it comes time to the career interview for a line I work I desire, the skill set I lay on the table is already outdated, and easily replaced by someone of younger age for a reduced cost to the employer.

        My current employer, who is only a few years older than I, with his master electrician license said it to me best, "You were born just a little bit too early." A truth that is concrete solid. If I was born in 1976, I would have my Masters license by now due to lower standards at the time. If I was born in 1983, I would never had considered entering the Trades, and jump into the technology industry right when it was ramping up in the late 1990's, supported by the new schools that were commissioned at that time to train our students for that very purpose. But no, while the school for Science and Technology was under construction, right next door, I was stuck in a Trade school that almost lost it's accrediation.

        Yes, I am old enough to have lived through lead paint, yes I lived through unsafe playgrounds, (I remember the old tire swings and 'meat-grinder' merry-go-rounds), hell, I remember black and white televisions with "rabbit ear" antennas, but I also was young enough for the revived video game console market of Nintendo and Sega circa 1984, and touched the start of the Personal Computer market with my hand-me-down Commodore 64. However, what irritates me the most is the fact many of those who are related to me, who are only a few years younger than I am, are able to enjoy a standard of living higher than my own in the more lucrative fields of technology, that at all times are just less than an inch out of my reach, but out of reach none-the-less.
        I'm sure you know best how hard you've tried and the unfortunate timing that played against you. Strange that you mentioned the typewriter repairman, because I know an older German gentleman who specializes in just that, the repair of both manual and electric typewriters. He always has plenty of customers, loyal to their typewriters. Remember, forms that must be made in double or triplicate require a typewriter that can assert force through papers. Sometimes having a specialty that seems obsolete can make you a sought after person.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          I'm sure you know best how hard you've tried and the unfortunate timing that played against you. Strange that you mentioned the typewriter repairman, because I know an older German gentleman who specializes in just that, the repair of both manual and electric typewriters. He always has plenty of customers, loyal to their typewriters. Remember, forms that must be made in double or triplicate require a typewriter that can assert force through papers. Sometimes having a specialty that seems obsolete can make you a sought after person.
          That era breathed it's last gasp at December 31st, 1999 23 hours, 59 minutes, and 59 seconds. For those who still have no idea what I am referencing, look up "Millenium Bug".

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

            i was born in 56
            thats back when a ho was a garden tool !!! and crack was a plumber bent over !!!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

              Originally posted by leak1 View Post
              i was born in 56
              thats back when a ho was a garden tool !!! and crack was a plumber bent over !!!
              So are you saying a crack-hoe is not a plumber doing gardening?

              Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

              I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

                Originally posted by leak1 View Post
                i was born in 56
                thats back when a ho was a garden tool !!! and crack was a plumber bent over !!!
                God I can go for a little of both right now.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

                  Folks, I have to apologise for unloading personal problems as of late.


                  I am often bitter around the holidays, with the prospect of facing the rest of my family whom have been much more sucessful than I have in their various careers, something made worse with my usual increase in drinking around the winter time. This weekend I had to endure a mental double-whammy: I had to listen to my mother moan and fret for twenty minutes over how it's going to cost her and my father thirty-two thousand dollars over the course of four years to put my younger brother (By eleven years) through a four year college, when I (Her eldest) had no choice but to not only enlist, but to do push-ups while getting yelled at in the heat of a Texas summer on asphalt paving throughout basic military training no later than six days after graduating high school, just to earn enough to put myself through an associates degree at a community college where the program itself was getting reformed DURING and AFTER I graduated, AND get in the mail Saturday a rejection notice from the testing facility for my electrical journeyman's exam because the state of Mass decided to increase their fees for such duties while my application was in transit with the money orders (Now defunct due to being not enough) after three weeks of waiting, after paying the fees for the money orders, and the post office fees for mailing said application, WITH the form and the documents for my OJT and classroom code hours!

                  God damn it! Why is it when I press the same buttons as those whom have come before that have succeeded always seem to be wired to a detonator?

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

                    tailgunner,

                    I don't know you but I know a lot of young men like you. It is your choice whether you want to be a victim or a success but they both take about the same effort. I too had parents who could not afford to send me to college. They felt it was more important to send my older sister. By the time my younger brothers were growing up my parents had the money to send both of them. The lesson I took from that was to earn more money than my dad so I could send all of my kids to college.

                    As for losing your troubles in alcohol, I think any thinking person here would tell you that is the last thing you should do. If you feel like you need to get it off your chest with your parents regarding school write down some notes and confront them in a civil and controlled conversation. I'm not sure what good it will do but if that is what you need to do to realize your potential than that is what you should do.

                    Good luck-Mark
                    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                    I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

                      Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                      Folks, I have to apologise for unloading personal problems as of late.


                      I am often bitter around the holidays, with the prospect of facing the rest of my family whom have been much more sucessful than I have in their various careers, something made worse with my usual increase in drinking around the winter time. This weekend I had to endure a mental double-whammy: I had to listen to my mother moan and fret for twenty minutes over how it's going to cost her and my father thirty-two thousand dollars over the course of four years to put my younger brother (By eleven years) through a four year college, when I (Her eldest) had no choice but to not only enlist, but to do push-ups while getting yelled at in the heat of a Texas summer on asphalt paving throughout basic military training no later than six days after graduating high school, just to earn enough to put myself through an associates degree at a community college where the program itself was getting reformed DURING and AFTER I graduated, AND get in the mail Saturday a rejection notice from the testing facility for my electrical journeyman's exam because the state of Mass decided to increase their fees for such duties while my application was in transit with the money orders (Now defunct due to being not enough) after three weeks of waiting, after paying the fees for the money orders, and the post office fees for mailing said application, WITH the form and the documents for my OJT and classroom code hours!

                      God damn it! Why is it when I press the same buttons as those whom have come before that have succeeded always seem to be wired to a detonator?
                      Don't apologize, vent and if caring people reply at least consider their comments. You had it tougher than your younger brother, sucks but how about all the children who never got a chance to make it as far as you have?
                      I made the Thanksgiving dinner, up at 6AM and served family all day long to help my wife. My sister inlaw and her millionaire husband were in attendance. I could let the fact that he drives a BMW X5 and doesn't have a money care in the world bother me, but I refuse to compare myself to him. If you are going to get upset over those who have more wealth than you, then you have to rejoice over those who are homeless and starving! Neither does you a dam bit of good. Try being happy for the "Haves" and feel compassion for the "Have Nots". You have things money can't buy but you are too obsessed with what has not gone your way that you can't see it. Seriously, take a big piece of papaer and write down your blessings, they are many. Top of the list , your health, you think doing push ups is a punishment? I'll bet they hepled make you one tough son of a -----, you got a wife cheating on you? If the answer is no, add that to the list. You got a car? Hey if it runs you are ahead of the game, you can eat most foods without getting deathly ill? I can't, a handfull of cherrie sor grapes and I could die. You sleep in a bed, warm in the winter, cool in the summer? Stop the drinking and if you can't join a group for support. Join a gym, get busy living because life is not on hold. You can either grow old bitter, or happy that you did the best with what you had and man from where I sit you are a richman! Volunteer a couple hours a week at a Cancer clinic giving juice or cookies to the folks hooked up to I.V. drips, they are fighting for their lives. You have yours, get busy living. I hope you understand I meant all of this with the greatest respect and hope for you.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

                        Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                        tailgunner,

                        I don't know you but I know a lot of young men like you. It is your choice whether you want to be a victim or a success but they both take about the same effort. I too had parents who could not afford to send me to college. They felt it was more important to send my older sister. By the time my younger brothers were growing up my parents had the money to send both of them. The lesson I took from that was to earn more money than my dad so I could send all of my kids to college.

                        As for losing your troubles in alcohol, I think any thinking person here would tell you that is the last thing you should do. If you feel like you need to get it off your chest with your parents regarding school write down some notes and confront them in a civil and controlled conversation. I'm not sure what good it will do but if that is what you need to do to realize your potential than that is what you should do.

                        Good luck-Mark
                        Sir, if I have not taken steps to, at the very least, attempt to improve myself, then I would never complain about where I find myself now. If I had not done my best through school, if not take such a measure as enlistment (And going off to war) to make higher learning more affordable, nor commit five years of my life in an apprenticeship (Due to licensure requirements) I would have no one to blame but myself. But yet, through the last 14 years of myself, yes I did not enjoy being among the "minimum wage", but rather complain, I blamed myself for being in such a position and rolled up my proverbial sleeves to do something about it! So, I enlisted while in high school, so I went to college , so I went off to war (twice but that is a story for another day), and finally so I set myself into an apprenticeship.

                        Yet I find myself little better off than where I was when I was 18. Here I am 30 years old and still doing "grunt work", and life sending subtle little "insults" to press that point, but I'll get to that in a second. What I didn't mention was at the end of my little conversation with my mother, I brought up the enlistment choice for my little brother, to make such an educational financing loads disappear via signing the same line I had no choice in. She understood fully where I stood on the matter and retorted "If I could at the time, I would have sent you to the most expensive college in the country." A very cold comfort indeed, that did nothing to quell the green, envious rage that built up. What did turn such fires off was the understanding and knowledge that the path such envy would take me down would be to become a hateful, soulless, heartless monster that would draw the ire of everyone in my family, plus with the memories of both my parents did indeed endure financial hardships to the point where my step-dad had to work two jobs and my mother had to work part time, all while I was growing up and both my brothers still enfants.

                        As for "life's little insults", one such moment came to visit my parents' house a couple of months ago when an uncle of mine, (whom did his time in the navy) worked in communications and encrpytions, and making a decent living out of it came over for a visit. I had to sit and listen to how he and his wife (Who was recently promoted to a nice six-figure position) invested in a condo in Mertle Beach, Florida and busniess plans and such. Well, he decided to take a dime tour of my parents' house and commented on it's rather collegiate decore. then turns to me and asks, "What happened to you?" HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO ANSWER THAT?

                        The other "insult" came on "Black Friday" when I came in to work on a lighting retrofit project my employer was unfortunately losing money on. (Something that does not happen often, he is pretty good with these things) So here we are, on the job, moving as fast as we humanly can to get the job done in this warehouse, yet outside, we can see through various windows that is adjacent to a ballfield, I was forced to witness a group of middle-aged guys playing a decent length of football, enjoying themselves around one in the afternoon. I wanted to march out there and hand them a set of tools and state, "If you have time to play, you have time to work!". If that wasn't enough, my co-worker and I had to stay much later to get as much of the project done as possible, because the paperwork had to be turned in on Monday. So here I am dirty, dusty, and smelly while witnessing others enjoy some free time I am unable to obtain.

                        What else can I feel but snubbed, made a fool of, and enraged?
                        Last edited by tailgunner; 11-29-2009, 11:21 PM.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

                          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                          Don't apologize, vent and if caring people reply at least consider their comments. You had it tougher than your younger brother, sucks but how about all the children who never got a chance to make it as far as you have?
                          I made the Thanksgiving dinner, up at 6AM and served family all day long to help my wife. My sister inlaw and her millionaire husband were in attendance. I could let the fact that he drives a BMW X5 and doesn't have a money care in the world bother me, but I refuse to compare myself to him. If you are going to get upset over those who have more wealth than you, then you have to rejoice over those who are homeless and starving! Neither does you a dam bit of good. Try being happy for the "Haves" and feel compassion for the "Have Nots". You have things money can't buy but you are too obsessed with what has not gone your way that you can't see it. Seriously, take a big piece of papaer and write down your blessings, they are many. Top of the list , your health, you think doing push ups is a punishment? I'll bet they hepled make you one tough son of a -----, you got a wife cheating on you? If the answer is no, add that to the list. You got a car? Hey if it runs you are ahead of the game, you can eat most foods without getting deathly ill? I can't, a handfull of cherrie sor grapes and I could die. You sleep in a bed, warm in the winter, cool in the summer? Stop the drinking and if you can't join a group for support. Join a gym, get busy living because life is not on hold. You can either grow old bitter, or happy that you did the best with what you had and man from where I sit you are a richman! Volunteer a couple hours a week at a Cancer clinic giving juice or cookies to the folks hooked up to I.V. drips, they are fighting for their lives. You have yours, get busy living. I hope you understand I meant all of this with the greatest respect and hope for you.
                          I suppose, but I can't seem to shake the feeling that there are those who can work in less demanding fields and still be able to be at the same level of where I find myself at, and yet come home cleaner, sooner, and more energetic to do the things that really seem to matter. Coming home to an empty house, and "fly solo" on the rare times I can get out during the weekends takes it's toll.

                          Edit:

                          Also, here is what I had to look at in our local paper a couple days before thanksgiving:
                          http://www.masslive.com/news/index.s...rs_to_spe.html

                          I suppose I wouldn't mind doing volunteer work, if I had the time and energy, especially the time. But yet, when I open the newspaper and see this, do these people really look like they are starving, and I mean really?
                          Last edited by tailgunner; 11-29-2009, 11:12 PM.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

                            Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                            Sir, if I have not taken steps to, at the very least, attempt to improve myself, then I would never complain about where I find myself now. If I had not done my best through school, if not take such a measure as enlistment (And going off to war) to make higher learning more affordable, nor commit five years of my life in an apprenticeship (Due to licensure requirements) I would have no one to blame but myself. But yet, through the last 14 years of myself, yes I did not enjoy being among the "minimum wage", but rather complain, I blamed myself for being in such a position and rolled up my proverbial sleeves to do something about it! So, I enlisted while in high school, so I went to college , so I went off to war (twice but that is a story for another day), and finally so I set myself into an apprenticeship.

                            Yet I find myself little better off than where I was when I was 18. Here I am 30 years old and still doing "grunt work", and life sending subtle little "insults" to press that point, but I'll get to that in a second. What I didn't mention was at the end of my little conversation with my mother, I brought up the enlistment choice for my little brother, to make such an educational financing loads disappear via signing the same line I had no choice in. She understood fully where I stood on the matter and retorted "If I could at the time, I would have sent you to the most expensive college in the country." A very cold comfort indeed, that did nothing to quell the green, envious rage that built up. What did turn such fires off was the understanding and knowledge that the path such envy would take me down would be to become a hateful, soulless, heartless monster that would draw the ire of everyone in my family, plus with the memories of both my parents did indeed endure financial hardships to the point where my step-dad had to work two jobs and my mother had to work part time, all while I was growing up and both my brothers still enfants.

                            As for "life's little insults", one such moment cameto visit my parents' house a couple of months ago when an uncle of mine, (whom did his time in the navy) worked in communications and encrpytions, and making a decent living out of it came over for a visit. I had to sit and listen to how he and his wife (Who was recently promoted to a nice six-figure position) invested in a condo in Mertle Beach, Florida and busniess plans and such. Well, he decided to take a dime tour of my parents' house and commented on it's rather collegiate decore. then turns to me and asks, "What happened to you?" HOW THE HELL AM I SUPPOSE TO ANSWER THAT?

                            The other "insult" came on "Black Friday" when I came in to work on a lighting retrofit project my employer was unfortunately losing money on. (Something that does not happen often, he is pretty good with these things) So here we are, on the job, moving as fast as we humanly can to get the job done in this warehouse, yet outside, we can see through various windows that is adjacent to a ballfield, I was forced to witness a group of middle-aged guys playing a decent length of football, enjoying themselves around one in the afternoon. I wanted to march out there and hand them a set of tools and state, "If you have time to play, you have time to work!". If that wasn't enough, my co-worker and I had to stay much later to get as much of the project done as possible, because the paperwork had to be turned in on Monday. So here I am dirty, dusty, and smelly while witnessing others enjoy some free time I am unable to obtain.

                            What else can I feel but snubbed, made a fool of, and enraged?
                            Once again only you can decide what you can make of your life. It might surprise you to know how many on this site have similar stories. My father owned his own Insurance Agency but had to work as a Security Guard at night and my mom sold World Book Encyclopedia and Basic H during the day while we kids were at school. When I got married in 1971 I was making $2.38 an hour and kept my money in a Hershey can. When I tried to enlist they wouldn't take me which would at least given me a raise and some benefits. I spent a lot of years watching people who had more than me but being grateful i was doing better than others.

                            When you have someone like your Uncle act like an a** you need to take it for what it is worth, your Uncle was being an a**. However, that is on him not on you. If you want to continue going through life feeling cheated you will be cheated. Perhaps you should ask those on this site who have lost their jobs if they would trade places with your current opportunities.

                            Mark
                            Last edited by ToUtahNow; 11-29-2009, 11:17 PM.
                            "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                            I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: To Those of Us Born 1930 - 1979

                              "What else can I feel but snubbed, made a fool of, and enraged?"
                              The honest answer to your question is "Proud" to have a trade, "Lucky" to be working, "Blessed" with good health! Perspective, it's all about perspective. Lose your job, health and suddenly things come into proper perspective, you realize and appreciate the importance of what you had and what you lost! We could trade war stories of life all day long, myself and others could probably outdo or top your frustrations but that would not change your inner conversation or outlook of life. In my opinion you need to understand power of thought and the ability to alter it to a different reality. You have programmed yourself to think and react in such a way that it shortchanges you to the joy of just living! "What happend to you?", I'll answer that for you. You endured and persevered, with your military experience, education and trade. That makes you a loser? I don't think so and don't go equating success with wealth and posessions. You come home to an empty house or apartment and that makes you depressed? Change it! First change how you think and behave, see your life as a work in progress. Go to the library and take out some books on the power of positive thinking, how to be a success. These are not old fashioned, outdated ideas, but rather proven methods of altering the thought process and failed behaviors and routines. There are countless good women who would love and care to be with you, if you only knew your self worth and carried yourself with an attitude of hope, joy and love. Life is a feast, on the table you will find all sorts of things, some good, some bad, but if you are so convinced you will never taste the very best, you are sentencing yourself to a diet of the worst the table of life has to offer. Life does not have to change to be great, it's already great. You have to change to appreciate it, to see it with new eyes. I wish we were closer, I'd help you take every negative thought and stomp it dead! There is no room in a young mind with a full life ahead for the useless clutter of negative anything.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X