X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Somali Pirate Bailout

I'm sure if a bailout from our taxes would stop these criminals, there would be someone crazy enough to bring it to a vote. Commercial ships have been traveling further and further away from the coast to avoid being boarded, but this most recent event took place eight hundred miles out at sea! That's a very long way and proves distance will not disuade these criminals. Authorities know where the hijackers will take the ship. I just wonder why these people are not hunted down and brought to justice? They can't possibly be protected by the world community?

Re: Somali Pirate Bailout

I say just mount a couple of 50bmg on the decks and do not let them get that close. Seems to me it would be cheaper for the shipping companies to hire two or three hired guns to ride the ship and take care of business. When they came back into a port all of the weapons would be secured, or could be off loaded onto another ship as it was leaving port. If you shoot, sink and shut up who is going to miss this type of scum.
    Put a couple of shots over their bow and it would let them know of your intensions, pretty simple in my eyes.

There has to be much more to it than that or this would have already happened don't you think, I mean the shipping companies are shelling out millions in ransom. What would a couple of mercenaries and some toys cost?

G3

Comment

Originally posted by G3sprinklers View Post
      I say just mount a couple of 50bmg on the decks and do not let them get that close. Seems to me it would be cheaper for the shipping companies to hire two or three hired guns to ride the ship and take care of business. When they came back into a port all of the weapons would be secured, or could be off loaded onto another ship as it was leaving port. If you shoot, sink and shut up who is going to miss this type of scum.
      Put a couple of shots over their bow and it would let them know of your intensions, pretty simple in my eyes.

There has to be much more to it than that or this would have already happened don't you think, I mean the shipping companies are shelling out millions in ransom. What would a couple of mercenaries and some toys cost?

G3
      I agree, makes no sense at all! The first incident should have been the last.
      Why even a warning shot? This last ship was eight hundred miles out, those scumbags weren't out there fishing. The countries that have suffered losses should be allowed to not only defend their ships but also hunt them down where they bring the captured ships and crews. Why does the world have to live with this?

Comment

Lets send the Lego men!!

Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
        New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

aarrrrr matey!!

Comment

aarrrrr matey!!
            Or we could also send Dennis

Attached Files
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

Is that yourrrrrrarrrrgggghhhhhhhh Lego Pirate, Holmes??? Hmmmh??? Hanhhh?

Arrrrr..........I SAYS......"IS THAT YOURRRRRAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH LEGO PIRRRRRRRRHHHHHHAAAAATTEEEEE, HOLMES???!!!????"
              I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

It is a situation that probably won't be resolved until someone is willing to put feet on the ground in Somalia. Considering the US's last experience with that no ones willing to do so.

It isn't that the problem can't be resolved it is that no one is willing to do what it takes. Right now private companies are paying out ransoms and no one is getting hurt. It isn't costing most governments anything. If government decides on a military operation they'll be paying the costs instead of private companies.

Merchant vessels aren't willing to arm themselves. Right now ransoms only cost them time and money. If they start fighting back they risk losing lives and ships. The possibility of losing one ship far outweighs the cost of the ransoms.

Comment

Originally posted by tinmack View Post
                  Is that yourrrrrrarrrrgggghhhhhhhh Lego Pirate, Holmes??? Hmmmh??? Hanhhh?

Arrrrr..........I SAYS......"IS THAT YOURRRRRAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH LEGO PIRRRRRRRRHHHHHHAAAAATTEEEEE, HOLMES???!!!????"

Comment

>>>Right now ransoms only cost them time and money<<<

Does not cost them any money in the least, this is passed on to the consumer, you and me. Time is the only thing that you can never get back.

G3

Comment

>>>Right now ransoms only cost them time and money<<<

Does not cost them any money in the least, this is passed on to the consumer, you and me. Time is the only thing that you can never get back.

G3
                      Sure does, but I hardly get enraged at the fact it can make foreign goods more expensive. That's just more incentive for companies to manufacture goods in the US.

Comment

Yet another festering stink hole of humanity makes it's mark
                        sigpic

Comment

This is a job for the Silent Service. If a few pirate boats should happen to succumb to a Mk 46 torpedoe or a CAPTOR Mine while trying to take a commercial vessel; oh well; it's international waters and you're on your own.
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                          X