X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "How it's Made", on Science Channel

Link:
    http://science.discovery.com/fansite...owitsmade.html

On the rare times I watch television, I came accross this little show. What I liked about it is it displays how much work is involved with manufacturing goods we take for granted every day. The two I enjoyed the most were McDonald's fries, and imasingly enough (I refuse to use the letter 'Z'), how steel wool is made. If anything I'm more impressed with the machinery involved that what is actually made.

Anyone else hear of this?

Re: "How it's Made", on Science Channel

Yes, great show. I have watched it in the past many times.

The one I am waiting for is the how it's made about the show "How It's Made".
    "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
    John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

That is one of my favorite shows.

G3

Comment

Paper clip episode was great, same machine for fifty years and still running strong! I like the machinery too.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Paper clip episode was great, same machine for fifty years and still running strong! I like the machinery too.
          The U.S. Mint has a machine that over 100 years old to craft their dies.

Comment

I have watched all the seasons of this..Its just amazement! There has been a lot of research & efforts in the products & we take them for granted.
            Non Chexsystems Banks

Comment

Working...
            X