Huh, Thats odd.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huh, Thats odd.

Taking out the trash I noticed smoke in the hills. Went to investigate. I'll go up today to get closer.
    Attached Files

Re: Huh, Thats odd.

sure does look dry there to be burning.

G3
    Last edited by G3sprinklers; 12-03-2009, 01:19 PM.

Comment

My guess is a controlled burn for damage done by the Japanese Pine beetle, They would not be able to control it in summer.

Comment

I'm goin' with U.F.O. crash landing!
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Nice pic, by the way.

Ilike how the fence was captured just right.
          Put an old rotting wagon out there and you've got yourself a calender shot.
          INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
          Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

That's Indian smoke signals.

It says, "Let's see if we can lure white man up into the hills."

Comment

The forrest service did one of their controlled burns here about four years ago, it was scheduled weeks ahead of time. The day that the burn was to take place the wind was blowing hard all day long and they went ahead and lit it off. Burned several hundred acreas of the mountain and required fire dept from several areas to help fight it. Who ever was in charge was nuts for not calling it off.

G3

Comment

Ended up 10 miles off the highway and couldn't get to it. It was smoldering late afternoon. Maybe some snow shoes.
                Attached Files

Comment

Glad you made it back Stokefire!

I figured you'd be on planet Zurcon in sector c-57 getting an anal probe and a new set of tracking devices installed under your skin.

Comment

Working...
                  X