X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insane traffic intersections.

Folks, our taxdollars put to use, if only to make our daily commutes interesting. Personally, I would promote such ventures if only to allow Darwinism to weed out the less capable to drive, if such initiatives didn't drive up insurance premiums for the rest of us.

Anyrate, here is my contribution:

East Longmeadow, Massachusetts -

Keep in mind folks, there isn't a single traffic light in a half mile radius.

I should know, I live nearby.

Re: Insane traffic intersections.

That is quite the traffic circle! Traffic lights might help a bit but not if folks don't yeild to the cars already in the circle. Must get real crazy when traffic picks up!

Comment

Schweet...

Here we have many roads that are named one thing on one end and another on the other end. I have one road that changes 4 times over it's distance. 3 of them are within 2 miles of each other.

Straight roads, no turns or forks. And I get lost easy.

J.C.

Comment

That is quite a wild traffic circle for sure.

Not too far from where I live they have built wild exit and entrance ramps along a highway with traffic circles. It's so one ramp (runs 2 directions) can serve as 4 different ramps. When things get busy there are lots of minor smashups and then long backups to deal with. I try to stay away except during times of light use.

This is getting a bit off the subject but in my county there is a road in 4 different locations with the same name! Taking about confusion for people that are looking for a given street address only to find it really depends on which block number you're looking for.
        Last edited by Woussko; 12-04-2009, 11:49 PM. Reason: Changing order and correction of spelling errors

Comment

NJ has something like 35 traffic circles years ago. They have been working to remove them all and today we are down to about 7 I think across the State.
          ---------------
          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
          ---------------
          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
          ---------
          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
          ---------
          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

We have 2 steep hills coming into town that are oneway depending on what time it is.The direction changes in the morning and afternoon for 2hours.

Comment

wiki "diverging diamond intersection" we have the first in the nation here in Springfield. after having driven it for the past couple of months, i'm telling you all, you will eventually have them in your area, and you will love them.
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Just look at my avatar

nuff' said.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Heres a traffic flow for that Diverging diamond, Notice how you cross over into the left lane. There is of course a light at each end, more importantly it keeps you from crossing oncoming traffic to get onto or off of the interstate.

The light changes fairly fast, and even on the worst traffic days I haven't seen a backup. It's rather pleasant.

No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                  X