X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• State Lottery Techniques

I've started playing the state lottery. I like the $20.00 scratchers with the "Set for Life" prize.

I'll buy one (3 times a week or so) and let it sit for a few days in hopes that the Old Celtic Gods will see it and bless me with a big win. Beyond the Gods taking a hint, the anticipation to scratching the ticket is almost as good as collecting money on an invoice.

What games do you play--or do you--and do you have any rituals?
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Re: State Lottery Techniques

The best way to "win" the state lottery? Keep the losing tickets and write them off. Frankly, the only way to win anything, is to lose nothing.

Comment

Here in CT, it's Powerball! Minimum pot of twenty million and I never miss my chance to play. Most times someone out of state wins the pot and here fifty or so lucky winners walk away with two or three hundred dollars.
      I'd have a better chance of getting hit by lightning while being attacked by a shark. I also play the Lotto, so far I've hit for two dollars a couple of times over the last twenty years. I think playing these games keeps me going, that and the remote chance of becoming a millionaire and ruining my life altogether. I just know if I hit it big, I would make all sorts of bad investments, attract a slew of stalkers, get sued and end up worse off than I am now. What was the question?

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
        The best way to "win" the state lottery? Keep the losing tickets and write them off. Frankly, the only way to win anything, is to lose nothing.
        I love employees with that attitude.

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
          I love employees with that attitude.
          So when they get paid nothing and start to complain, you can always retort, "Hey, you could be losing money right now."

Muhahahahaahaaa!

Comment

I'm staring at a scratcher right now. This $20 ticket could win me 5k a week for life, $50k, $25k or $20....which is what I usually win.

I think I'll just stare at it a while longer and fantasize about 260k a year for doing nothing...n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

Or turn off the computer before wifey throws it out the window....

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
              I'm staring at a scratcher right now. This $20 ticket could win me 5k a week for life, $50k, $25k or $20....which is what I usually win.

I think I'll just stare at it a while longer and fantasize about 260k a year for doing nothing...n-o-t-h-i-n-g.

Or turn off the computer before wifey throws it out the window....
              It could....but it WON'T!

Comment

It might....why not me? I deserve it waaay more than you.

There's this fella up the road who won 1.8 million on a 10.00 scratcher a few months ago. If that s.o.b can do it, I sure can.

Comment

I've won approximately $4400 since I stopped spending $7/week in lottery tickets about 12 years ago!
                  Steve
                  www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

when i think about it i'll but $10.00 worth of powerball/powerplay. quick pick

i'm not greedy. i don't want all of it. just enough to pay off the mortgage and i'd be a happy camper

steve
                    In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Is it right you have to pay tax on your winning ?

Tony

Comment

When I was in England, I discovered a citizen doesn't pay taxes on lottery winnings.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                          When I was in England, I discovered a citizen doesn't pay taxes on lottery winnings.
                          All lotto winnings in Aus are TAX FREE

Tony

Comment

Working...
                          X