X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2009 Pagan Yule-Tide Pics

I know Ridgid wants to be inclusive, so how about non-Christian Pagan-types represent?

Happy Yule! The solstice is near! This is similar to what we hang around the house this time of year.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Drip Trip; 12-14-2009, 12:34 PM.
    (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Re: 2009 Pagan Yule-Tide Pics

To each his own I say.

As long as I'm free to practice my beliefs, everyone else should be able to do the same
    INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
    Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
      To each his own I say.

As long as I'm free to practice my beliefs, everyone else should be able to do the same
      Thank you, Gene. You're a Gentleman and a Scholar.

These others....geeeez louise! Christmas was a Pagan holiday thousands of years before your religion.
      (The Low Spark of Steel-Toed Boys)

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
        To each his own I say.

Amen

Comment

Originally posted by Drip Trip View Post
          Thank you, Gene. You're a Gentleman and a Scholar.

These others....geeeez louise! Christmas was a Pagan holiday thousands of years before your religion.
          A time of year when all seem to be apprecitive to their god as they believe him to be.

To thome it's their besthest friem.
          The fomly ome who understhands myme problems.
          Mithter Whithkey
          [HIC]

Comment

Drip,
            since your post I've read a bit about Yule.
            Pretty interesting how our "holy day" * pretty much derived from Yule.

Whats the deal with the Wild Hunt, what does it represent?
            A lot of conflicting information on when it takes place. Some say during Yule and others say before.
            To me it almost sounds like a Halloween type thing.

I use the term "Holy Day" very loosely. I'm guessing 90% of the people that celebrate Christmas have not been to church all year. I no longer feel that Christmas has anything to do with celebrating the birth of Christ for the majority of people that chose to celebrate it.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

This man yet again speaks the truth:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tdiOwy-DLw

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                This man yet again speaks the truth:
                Easy there gunns.

Video has some cool facets

Truth...Ah,well to each his own.
                I pray others see what I see but I'm not going to choke them with it.

In our church our pastor uses the term the day we celebrate our saviors birth.
                Got a few well buddies who are very knowledgeable in biblical scripture and don't go for the whole commercial christmas thing.Don't do the sunday thing either.Sabot is what is written,and it ain't got no mention of sunday bein' it.

Me,I'm thankfull that Jesus was born and died for my sins.
                Cause without him today I'd be one of the most miserable M/Fers you've ever met...Well at least not as bad.

Merry Christmas
                Adam

Comment

Thanks Tailgunner,
                  I almost didn't even bother to watch the video because I figured your post would just disappear with the others.

Glad I did, the guy makes some good points.

I was born a ba$tard yet raised as a Catholic, Baptism, first Communion, the works. I even went to Catholic school. Even though the the church refused to recognize me due to my ba$tard status. I'm not a religious person but I still consider myself a Catholic.

I sometimes feel like a hypocrite for celebrating Christmas, but maybe it is like he says "We like celebrating"

Comment

Way too many churches giving believers a bad name.
                    I'm sorry Gene.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                      Easy there gunns.

Video has some cool facets

Truth...Ah,well to each his own.
                      I pray others see what I see but I'm not going to choke them with it.

In our church our pastor uses the term the day we celebrate our saviors birth.
                      Got a few well buddies who are very knowledgeable in biblical scripture and don't go for the whole commercial christmas thing.Don't do the sunday thing either.Sabot is what is written,and it ain't got no mention of sunday bein' it.

Me,I'm thankfull that Jesus was born and died for my sins.
                      Cause without him today I'd be one of the most miserable M/Fers you've ever met...Well at least not as bad.

Merry Christmas
                      Adam
                      I just liked it because the guy bounces around like a clown the whole time!

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
                        Way too many churches giving believers a bad name.
                        I'm sorry Gene.
                        Gene!?

Merry Kissmas

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
                          I just liked it because the guy bounces around like a clown the whole time!
                          Make no dobt about it,the guy rips.He's going to be able to make a living convincing people for profit,whatever it may be.

Comment

Well, to be honest, when Christianity had spread to the Nordic regions of Europe, many traditions of the Vikings and Nords became adopted. Like decorating an evergreen tree for example. How many Douglas Firs are there in Israel and Jordan? Norway and Sweden? Yeah....Also, remember the story of King Arthor and the Excaliber? Guess what, he wasn't a Christian king either.

I like to believe the adaptation of what we perceive as "Christmas" is the early Christians finally pulling the proverbial "Log from their anus" and have a good time for once!

^^^
                            What he said.

Comment

Working...
                            X